The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:08 pm

[ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 29  Next
Tails 
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
none of your ATs are going anywhere so feel free to make videos

(also patch notes will be back up when they're finished, a lot of people ignored the big "WIP" and i worded some things misleadingly)

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:20 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Ok, I think I got it after practicing the timing. The fastest possible timing (yielding the shortest wavedash) can be press jump (have to release), immediate down spec, release dspec and press jump at the same time. I'll see if I can come up with some crazy APM for this.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:29 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
[quote="Sachamel"]Are you sure you have to hold jump too? Been trying and it just interruputs the charging immediately doing a "pseudo-bounce attack" that does nothing of course. Pretty sure you need to just hold down the special button and release it at the same time as you press the jump button, of course after initiating the attack on the air first.

Yeah, sorry, my mistake here. That happens when you dont play Tails for some days...

EDIT: But its quite handy for some mindgames I guess... And for sliding Up-B out of Tailsdash, this goes really far, espeacially (i hate this word) if you charge it a while. You can SD on 3DS pretty easily though...

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:40 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Skailler wrote:
Sachamel wrote:
Are you sure you have to hold jump too? Been trying and it just interruputs the charging immediately doing a "pseudo-bounce attack" that does nothing of course. Pretty sure you need to just hold down the special button and release it at the same time as you press the jump button, of course after initiating the attack on the air first.

Yeah, sorry, my mistake here. That happens when you dont play Tails for some days...

EDIT: But its quite handy for some mindgames I guess... And for sliding Up-B out of Tailsdash, this goes really far, espeacially (i hate this word) if you charge it a while. You can SD on 3DS pretty easily though...

Yeah, I noticed that with sliding up-spec there is enough momentum to go from one side of FD to the other.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:02 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Skailler wrote:
Sachamel wrote:
Are you sure you have to hold jump too? Been trying and it just interruputs the charging immediately doing a "pseudo-bounce attack" that does nothing of course. Pretty sure you need to just hold down the special button and release it at the same time as you press the jump button, of course after initiating the attack on the air first.

Yeah, I noticed that with sliding up-spec there is enough momentum to go from one side of FD to the other.

Yep, and there's one where you can slide of a platform and end up offstage on the other side in the air.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Hey I came back from a small break. Did I miss anything? Looks like a want went on in the Tails subforum.

Credit to Sachamel and Saikyoshi for the pic.

Beginner alert :p Learning how to play Tails

Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:59 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
I have 300-400 Tails vids though. Can't just post all of them.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:39 pm

Sachamel wrote:

Also try to combine both AT's Skailler said (doing the sliding up-b after the wavedash), while not usefull in battle, it sends Tails flying at ridiculous speed and it's kinda funny to look at.

You need to let go of special immediately before jumping, or you will do a jump cancel. As for the wavedash, you don't need to hold jump down, just tap the jump button right when the jump starts.

Here's a fun one: if you charge the wavedash just the right amount of time, you can do a super wavedash, where you slide at very high speed. Do a wavedash grab. Before you slide into the ledge, perform an upgrab while sliding, you will lift your opponent at high speed to the edge of the map. This is a suicide skill, so don't use it if you need to survive.

Another nice combo is photon cannon to dashing bair. The combo is as it sounds and is a staple attack of mine. Perform a cannon. Once a cannon hits, immediately do a quickdash+jump forward. Upon dashjumping forward immediately cast bair. The combo needs to be performed quickly as waiting to long to see if cannon hits or checking enemy DI will make you miss your chance to hit. Feel free to make it a fastfalling bair. Fastfalling bairs in themselves are a great thing to try.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:49 pm

MGN Username: Bomono3
Currently Playing: Some platformer
out of all of tails techs, shorthop durring sideb has remained the hardest for me to land.

My main is tails.
My secondaries are peach and fox.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)
https://soundcloud.com/caffinluvstmgc

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:29 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to short-hop during SideB. You can only full-jump.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:37 am

Zalozis wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to short-hop during SideB. You can only full-jump.

I do remember a situation where depending on how you activate it, instead of sliding with tailspin, you shorthop continuously as you move forward.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:40 pm
SSF2 Developer

Hey guys, I finished the TAS vid of Tails. I focussed mostly on doing Tailsdashing as fast as possible, I'll be posting this to the metagame thread on /r/smashbros to let other people know that this game is no joke with speed ;)
YouTube Video:

WARNING: The last combo is extremely dirty.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:14 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Hey guys, I finished the TAS vid of Tails. I focussed mostly on doing Tailsdashing as fast as possible, I'll be posting this to the metagame thread on /r/smashbros to let other people know that this game is no joke with speed ;)
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgSjAg-GTu4 ]

And once people do this without TAS, I give up in becoming a good Tails.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:57 pm

Phoenix Wright wrote:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgSjAg-GTu4 ]

Congrats! McG put this video on their Facebook page.

What is is TAS though? Could someone explain?

Credit to Sachamel and Saikyoshi for the pic.

Beginner alert :p Learning how to play Tails

Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:19 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wikipedia wrote:
A tool-assisted speedrun (frequently abbreviated TAS) is a speedrun movie or performance of a video game produced by means of emulation such as slow motion or frame-by-frame advance of the gameplay, and re-recording of previous portions of a performance. The idea is that such "tools" compensate for human limitations in skill and reflex, facilitating gameplay techniques that are otherwise impossible or prohibitively difficult. . . Example
I think that sums it up better than I could.

____

Also, I think Tails' wavedash is a bit easier to do consistently than what I originally expected. I think with better practice, it could be used as customary in his playstyle as real wavedashing in Melee is to a character like Luigi.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:53 pm
 [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 29  Next