The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:03 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 39  Next
[MP] J-Stars Victory Vs [Jump Stars 3] 

Reix wrote:
How well do you guys think a motorcycle could fit into a high action 3D environment?

inb4cardgamesonmotorcyclesin3d

Honestly talking about Yu-gi oh, i really want Yugi to be in over the other main characters. Yaden is just annoying, same with Zexal protagonist (plus his design is ridiculous), i kind of sympatize with Yusei, but no one over the King of games.

Also he would look great in 3d with textures and stuff, specially his hair, XD (in his other games it was cell shading)

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:22 am

Dhragen wrote:
i(plus his design is ridiculous)

You realize you are defending Yugi Moto, the guy with like four or five hair colors, a hairstyle that looks like it can cut you like a saw, and with an almost completely leather outfit, right?

The series as a whole doesn't really go for realism when it comes to character design...

I'm not saying I prefer it, I'm just saying Yugi is as ridiculous (If not more) as him.

Dhragen wrote:
Reix wrote:
How well do you guys think a motorcycle could fit into a high action 3D environment?

inb4cardgamesonmotorcyclesin3d
Also he would look great in 3d with textures and stuff, specially his hair, XD (in his other games it was cell shading)

I love how much clarification there is on that phrase.

Considering the series is named after him, Yugi should have priority over the others.

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:36 am

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Rayman Legends, Kingdom Hearts 2, Scaler, Kirby's Epic Yarn
Reix wrote:

Well there's already a bike rider so I think it would work.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:57 pm

arctic the fox wrote:
Reix wrote:

Well there's already a bike rider so I think it would work.

Yusei confirmed for most mobile character in the series.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
Reix wrote:

the same way frank west pulls out a shopping cart with chainsaws

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:13 pm
YIM
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Different kind of game though.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
Steven wrote:

i'm sure that such a thing isn't out of place in a manga/anime based game though,
iirc JUS had characters popping out of nowhere

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:31 pm
YIM
Site Moderator

Kuro Kagami wrote:
Steven wrote:

i'm sure that such a thing isn't out of place in a manga/anime based game though,
iirc JUS had characters popping out of nowhere

No but what I ment is that Frank's Chainsaw cart works perfectly because there are literally zombies everywhere (unless you play the Wii version nintendo is doomed) so it's easy to mow 'em down. In a fast-paced 2 vs 2 manga fighter those mechanics might not work so swell.

Also this game appears to be vastly different from JUS bar the fact that it uses Shonen characters so I don't think "JUS did it" is a viable argument.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:36 pm

I think some people here forgot that Ryotsu and Gintoki already usee vehicles on their movesets (a bicycle and a motorized scooter respectively)

That reminds me, Ryotsu mechanics differs alot from mostly all the other characters on the game, cosidering he can do camping acording to the trailer, XDD

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:06 pm

I was jokingly implying that Yusei would always be on a motorcycle, like Mach Rider would be, and how ridiculous it would be.

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:23 pm
Site Moderator

Speaking of ridiculous I really hope that Don Patch/Poppa Rocks makes it into the game.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:07 pm

MGN Username: superkid
Wait, we have a topic about this game?!!! This forum is completely awesome. I really hope this game isn't region locked like the other Jump crossover games.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:45 pm

superkid wrote:
Wait, we have a topic about this game?!!! This forum is completely awesome. I really hope this game isn't region locked like the other Jump crossover games.

Jump Super Stars, and Jump Ultimate Stars werent region locked, as the DS is region free.

And you can just get the PS3 version, since the PS3 is region free also.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:04 pm

MGN Username: superkid
Thundaga_T2 wrote:
superkid wrote:

Jump Super Stars, and Jump Ultimate Stars werent region locked, as the DS is region free.

Wait, doesn't region locked mean that they're only exclusive to like one region of the world? Because you can't get Jump Super and Ultimate stars anywhere execpt Japan (unless you want to include things like Ebay). Anyway, the only way to even play it in English is by getting an English rom for it. I just got it for like the seventh time two hours ago. I just keep on beating the game, but this is for Jump Ultimate stats. Jump Super Stars is not in English at all, and there is no rom that you can find for it that translate any of the game in English. It's even rare to find a rom for it altogether. And when I got it, I had to use IGN's English walkthrough just to beat the objectives and understand the things. Jump Ultimate Stars was better and easier to play to me.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:10 pm

superkid wrote:
Thundaga_T2 wrote:
superkid wrote:

Wait, doesn't region locked mean that they're only exclusive to like one region of the world? Because you can't get Jump Super and Ultimate stars anywhere execpt Japan (unless you want to include things like Ebay). Anyway, the only way to even play it in English is by getting an English rom for it. I just got it for like the seventh time two hours ago. I just keep on beating the game, but this is for Jump Ultimate stats. Jump Super Stars is not in English at all, and there is no rom that you can find for it that translate any of the game in English. It's even rare to find a rom for it altogether. And when I got it, I had to use IGN's English walkthrough just to beat the objectives and understand the things. Jump Ultimate Stars was better and easier to play to me.

No, region locked means that a system cant play games not made for the region, as in not being able to play a JP game on a US/PAL system.

I do get what you're trying to say though, you hope the game will be released outside Japan. Unfortunately, thats not likely to happen.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:36 pm
 [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 39  Next