The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:36 pm

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
McleodGaming Mafia 24: MG Mafia [Game Over] 
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
I'd also like to point out that throughout all of the 4 or so games I've played, I've only had Lightning as a partner as Mafia.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:13 pm
YIM WWW

Pretty funny, eh partner?

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:15 pm

well it was worth a shot at least

congrats to wooly for making me so salty that i just threw the whole game away

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:18 pm
BR Member

Claire would be proud.

injoke

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:20 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Well, you guys ruined the whole twist.

So I won't bother on pulling an in-flavor post.

Congratulations for Lightning (DJ Wizard Cop) and Doqtor Kirby (TOWK) for winning the game!

Game is over, posting rolelist right now.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:27 pm

Mafia:

Lightning: show
Welcome to MG Mafia 24: McleodGaming Mafia! You are DJ Wizard Cop, the Bridesmaid.

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Every time you seem to be touching the glory, someting takes it back from you. Broken roles, uncooperative partners... oh, the grief of never winning when you try.
Resentment has grown, and it's time to make them pay. Mafia will never be back. You will win this time.

Action: Derailing post.
Once per night phase, you may pick any player. You will start talking with said player, and said player will become too distracted to perform their night action.

Ability: Quicktopic
Of course, communicating via MG is not enough. You are given a chat here: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/Wic5zEWEtKQc8 to communicate with your partners.

Victoy condition: You are part of the Mafia. You win once it's impossible for the Mafia to lose any more members.

Doqtor Kirby: show
Welcome to MG Mafia 24! You are TheOneWhoKnocks, the Moderator

You've taken Mafia by storm, arriving and leaving a great impression. You were given the power to control the section. But why was it given if there's no activity? Why were you given an useless power?
Why would they do this... if they cared for Mafia?

Since they don't, why would you?

Action: Section ban.
You may send the name of a player, during the night phase, and said player will be banned from the section, preventing them from talking again. If you are banned yourself, you will secretly transfer your mod powers to your partner.

Ability: Quicktopic
Of course, MG is not enough for your needs. You have this quicktopic to comunicate with your partner: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/Wic5zEWEtKQc8

Victory condition:
You are part of the Mafia. You win once it's logically impossible for the Mafia to lose any more members.

Town:

kb: show
Welcome to MG Mafia 24! You are Believeblood, the Enigma.

Communication is a big deal in Mafia, and some like it clear. You, however, like it short.
Never give too much information, but always put an eye on those suspicious.

Action:
You have your voice and your vote, make them count!

Modifier: Mysterious.
You always seem to end up suspicious. You will appear guilty under investigation.

Victory Condition:
You are part of the Town. You win once the Town has elimiated all the Mafia members or once it's logically impossible to prevent the above to happen.

Savy: show
Welcome to MG Mafia 24! You are Dark Ermac, the Founding Father.

You brought this game to existance, and you brought it to greatness. You hosted the first MG Mafia game from the golden era. Since then, you've seen it grow... and die.

Your creation, your love, has lost steam. You want it back. However, you're too old to take action... unless it's completely necessary.

Action: History search.
At any point during night phases, you may pick a player. You will receive information from recent activity of the player, regarding their last visit to any other player.

Modifier: Rusty
Your may use your ability only twice during the whole game.

Victory Condition:
You are part of the Town. You win once all Mafia members have been eliminated or it's logically impossible to prevent it to happen.

CSWooly: show
Welcome to MG Mafia 24! You are Lightning, the passive-agressive.

A regular from the section, your gameplay ocassionally seems erratic. You let your mood stand in the way, and weirdly enough, it has helped. You still have a lot to offer, so you're not going to let this game die. It's not like you care about it or something, anyway.

Actions: Screw this game!
During any night phase, you may notifiy the moderator that you're using this ability. You then will leave and focus on other, more relevant sections of the forums. You won't be affected by any abilities during that night. You won't be able to vote the day phase following the use of this ability. You may use this ability only once.

Victory Conditions:
You are part of the Town. You win once all Mafia members have been eliminated or if it is impossible to prevent it to happen.

TOWK: show
Welcome to MG Mafia 24! You are Terra, the Metagamer

Mafia is not only about the current truth, but also about psychology. Study those who play it and you will find valuable information.
You excel at pattern recognition, and you have studied your rivals to the end. With all that information, victory is sure at your hands!

Action: Read List.
Once per night, you may pick a player. The player you pick will be saved on a list.
Once per game, in any night phase, you may "Release the list", and the alignments of all the players you have picked will be sent back to you. You will only get one list.

Victory condition:
You are part of the Town. You win once all Mafia members have been eliminated or once it's logically impossible to prevent it.

Terra: show
Welcome to MG Mafia 24! You are Brikmaethor, the Chess Master

Considered one of the best, you have been bored since the section died.
But now it's your chance! Find the griefers and bring it back! Think! Read! Win! For the glory!

Action: You only have your vote and your voice, make them count!

Modifier: MVP
Being so good has its benefits. You can stand one shot at any point in the game.

Victory Condition:
You are part of the Town. You win once all Mafia members have been eliminated or it is logically impossible to prevent it to happen.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:34 pm

As moderator commentary, I'll admit the game was too heavily mafia-sided. All those town roles were easy counterclaims for Mafia or too suspicious for standard town. Mafia had a roleblocker when town had a delayed cop and a 2-shot tracker.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:37 pm

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:42 pm

Well, regardless of the results, it was nice playing again.

I'll stick around if the activity and size stays like this. I just got really burnt out when games were lasting 3-7 months at a time

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:46 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Ditto. Short, snappy games like this are quite fun. 8/10 would play again.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:02 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Way too tired to play this game but w/e, well played Doq/Lightning. The D1 lynch kinda cost us, but mistakes are made all the time.

I think I'm still lynchbait regardless of whatever alignment I play now lol I take gambits and they fail way too often so I get called scum, and if I play too safely then I'm scum as well :((((((((((((((

If no one else wants to host, I'll be willing to host an 8-10P UPick where you can pick literally anything you want. It'll hopefully be a bit more insane than this one: contemplating cutting out night altogether for day roles instead.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:42 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
I've been working on a triple faction 5P open, would y'all be interested in playing once I finish balancing?

Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:45 pm
BR Member

I'll take either. I'm finding enjoyment in these.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:56 pm
YIM WWW

Yeah, I'd rather not host until I learn how to host properly lol

Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:23 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Oh, man, I somehow completely missed Terra's offer to host. Sorry about that. Didn't mean to steal the spot.

@Terra: I'm worried about an 8P. This game went by without a hitch, but it was a quick town loss. How modular is the set up? I'd consider shaving off a player or two if at all possible.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:28 am
 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next