The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:10 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
cleod do these 

Flash Tutorials could probably be combined with General Flash as a sub-(sub?)section and just leave Coder's Paradise alone. Take Upcoming Games out like you were saying and call it User Projects. Whether User Projects fits in Multimedia is another discussion.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Currently Playing: SFV-FI: Shenanigans
I think you should also split Upcoming Games into 2 sections, one being a WIP Section, with a subsection being only to post people's finished games.

(This is the only recorded instance of this happening)

Term wrote:
i am a huge advocate of your right to whine like a b****

Kuro Kagami wrote:
i have problems with colors

i mean i have problems in general but colors tend to be a recurring issue

Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:00 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
I don't agree with that. Upcoming and completed projects both easily fit into one section if we use the prefix system.
We can put upcoming movie projects in there as well, no need for games and movies to be separate sections.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:01 pm
Site Admin

Tid wrote:
-Yeah sure
-Upcoming Games is already in Coder's Paradise though, which it shouldn't be.
-That sounds like a good name.

Oh I see, well it's just a shortcut right now in General Flash, so I'd remove that completely and leave it at Coder's Paradise, where the whole section would be renamed accordingly

Nick wrote:
Upcoming Games also relates to art, music and advertising. Not to mention people are always looking for new people to help on their project, I believe that if you un-bury Upcoming Games then it would be a lot more fitting. Which is what I think Tid is trying to get at here. Heck, Upcoming Games is more active than Coder's Paradise and Flash Tutorials combined.

My idea was to avoid listing another section on the home page...

Tid wrote:
I don't agree with that. Upcoming and completed projects both easily fit into one section if we use the prefix system.
We can put upcoming movie projects in there as well, no need for games and movies to be separate sections.

Animation and Game creation are two entirely different types of effort, so I think it could get messy to combine them. I started out making animations, so if I were a regular user here I wouldn't want to sift past a bunch of game projects to look at the animation posts. If anything, Flash Animation should go under Art imo.

----------

Another proposal:

-Upcoming Flash Movies renamed to "Upcoming Flash Animations" and turned into a Art sub-section (Leaves General Flash to discuss pre-existing content + flash specific help/tutorials)
-Flash Tutorials turned into a General Flash sub-section
-Upcoming Games shortcut removed from General Flash (Not needed)
-Coder's Paradise gets renamed to "Programming/Software" (allows for broader discussion)
-Upcoming Games forum left alone (Discuss works in progress only, given that games production is very different from animation

I'll take some final inputs, but this is likely the action I'm going to take. I don't want to just dump a bunch of topics from one forum into another if I don't have to, and I think this works.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:15 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Alright that sounds fine
I still don't really get why asking for help with flash shouldn't occur in the software & programming section because flash is software/programming is all
everything else sounds good

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:26 pm

With moving/removing sections you're creating more room, so I don't see why giving Upcoming Games a rename (User Projects) and making it a new section would be a problem. However, I like the way you have previously mentioned.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:14 am
Site Admin

Tid wrote:
Alright that sounds fine
I still don't really get why asking for help with flash shouldn't occur in the software & programming section because flash is software/programming is all
everything else sounds good

My main idea is to put emphasis on Flash Tutorials by keeping it separate, since this website is built on it and all.

Nick wrote:
With moving/removing sections you're creating more room, so I don't see why giving Upcoming Games a rename (User Projects) and making it a new section would be a problem. However, I like the way you have previously mentioned.

Because then we have the issue of it applying to Flash animations as well, and I would imagine them getting overrun within all of the non-art.

--EDIT--

It is done

:lock:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:43 pm
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2