The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:06 am

[ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 32  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia IX [Cave Story] 

DP
Nixter he is not co-GM. The GMs of this mafia game is 194 and Brik. DJ is simply trying to relate a time where he and Brik tried creating a cave story mafia.
Also I guess we didn't get rid of a mafia and we just lost the main character and one of the best player in the game. Prince marth was a shame too.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:05 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Nixter wrote:
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Are you defending him?

No, no. I'm just saying, you are co-GM, correct?

Nah, it's just that Brik is my bro and we both love Cave Story, so we were discussing it before 194 and Brik made their set up.
I don't know what exactly they did but I've a good idea of some of the mechanics.

Anyone whose played Cave Story will know that Marth was really a townie. Sue is pretty much 100% guaranteed to be town.
But at one point she gets temporarily enraged and driven insane by the Doctor and attacks Quote. (Likely no connection between the two deaths, though. Felipe was probably killed by Marth, but I don't know why Marth died afterwards. Maybe Quote had a passive ability or something.)

Can the people who haven't posted yet please post?

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:12 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Oh, that explains. Sorry for the confusion. But, yeah, I want to see more before I jump the gun.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:27 pm
BR Member

I thought that Ballos would most likely be a third-party killer or something (seeing as I still haven't beaten him yet :hmph: ), and I completely forgot about the whole "wanting to die, island stops falling, everyone is happy" part. Particularly that first one. Besides, even if I was lying cheating scum and I expected Ballos to be a jester, why on earth would I vote him? That would make him win (which he did) and I don't think either mafia or town would want anyone besides themselves to win, but then again, I am sorta new at this Mafia game thing.
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
(Likely no connection between the two deaths, though. Felipe was probably killed by Marth, but I don't know why Marth died afterwards. Maybe Quote had a passive ability or something.)

Either that, or enraged Mimigas die after making their night kill.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:23 am

Densetsu wrote:
I thought that Ballos would most likely be a third-party killer or something (seeing as I still haven't beaten him yet :hmph: ), and I completely forgot about the whole "wanting to die, island stops falling, everyone is happy" part. Particularly that first one. Besides, even if I was lying cheating scum and I expected Ballos to be a jester, why on earth would I vote him? That would make him win (which he did) and I don't think either mafia or town would want anyone besides themselves to win, but then again, I am sorta new at this Mafia game thing.
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
(Likely no connection between the two deaths, though. Felipe was probably killed by Marth, but I don't know why Marth died afterwards. Maybe Quote had a passive ability or something.)

Either that, or enraged Mimigas die after making their night kill.

The "unless" in your previous post was the thing that set me off, it sounded like you already remembered the wanting to die, island stops falling scenario and simply voted for Shoop to get rid of a non mafia,regardless if they would win or not(which is still a mafia tactic as it gets rid of another potential vote for the town.)
Unvote:Densetsu
I still have my eye on you,but I think the town would benefit if we simply interrogated everyone.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:33 pm

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
I have my FOS on DJ Wiz, for starting this whole mess. DJ wanted the town power roles to claim so that the mafia knows who to hit. At this point in the game, a mass claim would be the worst thing ever, because the mafia could easily make up some fake roles while legit townies would have claimed their real roles. Of course, he wasn't expecting Mr. Shoop to claim Ballos. Knowing that Ballos wasn't a mafia (DJW must know who his partners are), he led a mass bandwagon on Shoop.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:54 pm

DJW wrote:
Panthera, we've got our eyes on you.

http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?p=1103125#p1103125
OK, this is definite scum speak right here. If I were scum, I would have:

A. Tried to buss my "scum partner" Shoop (who turned out to be third party)
B. Tried to defend my "scum partner" Shoop (again, turned out to be third party)

If Shoop turned out to be scum, DJW would have used this against me to say that I was trying to defend Shoop, which would have given the mafia an easy townie lynch, enough to sway the town in their favor. DJW was planning for this to have happened, seeing that it would put him far enough into the clear that even if the town successfully lynched me, he would still look like a reputable player. Bad move.

Vote: DJ Wizard Cop

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:10 pm

MGN Username: Pach
I would post more, but I really don't have much to say besides what's already been said. I do have a slight FoS on DJ and Densetsu though.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Same here, not much to comment on.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:51 pm

Panthera leo wrote:
DJW wrote:
Panthera, we've got our eyes on you.

http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?p=1103125#p1103125
OK, this is definite scum speak right here. If I were scum, I would have:

A. Tried to buss my "scum partner" Shoop (who turned out to be third party)
B. Tried to defend my "scum partner" Shoop (again, turned out to be third party)

If Shoop turned out to be scum, DJW would have used this against me to say that I was trying to defend Shoop, which would have given the mafia an easy townie lynch, enough to sway the town in their favor. DJW was planning for this to have happened, seeing that it would put him far enough into the clear that even if the town successfully lynched me, he would still look like a reputable player. Bad move.

Vote: DJ Wizard Cop

Since no one is going to point out the contridiction in this post, I will.

The bolded part is the weirdest part of pathera's post. Like pathera said, the mafia would have some way of knowing who are their teammates. That's just it though, if that is true, then there was no way that DJ even would have predicted a scum result from shoop's lynch if he had really been mafia like pathera said. Thus the reasoning above is invalid. Also if pathera was scum then he would have no reason to bus or defend shoop because he wasn't even really part of his team.
This bogus argument along with pathera's action on day one makes him very scummy and my new FoS.
Here are his actions on day one.
Pathera defends shoop...that's all

Now let's look at the situation of yesterday from a townie perspective.
"He just claimed as ballos! What is he thinking is he trying to get himself killed? I see no reason why he would lie to us." *Vote*

Now let's look at it from a mafia perspective.
This guy isn't on my team. So why did he claim as ballos? It doesn't matter, he isn't mafia and that's a good enough reason to lynch him, with the town going for it, it shouldn't be so hard. But hey if I defend him then it would make me look innocent on the next day. I know he's not mafia so there is no way that I would look scummy after he's lynch. *Defends*

When someone who is not a mafia seems to be on the death road then the mafia generally do three things.
1)Bandwagon
2)do nothing
3)Defend the poor non mafia to make them look innocent afterwards.

I'll give you a chance to explain your actions though. We have two weeks after all.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:56 pm

While those ARE good points, I'm not throwing my vote around just yet.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Dephius wrote:
While those ARE good points, I'm not throwing my vote around just yet.

That's why I'm waiting for him to respond.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:34 pm

Unvote: DJ Wizard Cop

My argument was clearly bogus. I saw how it contradicted itself. So why did I do it? To weed out some possible mafia. It seems that Dephius and Pachino are constantly agreeing with points without saying anything. Looking back at both of their points (I encourage the town to do the same), you can see that they just pop in (ESPECIALLY PACHINO), say they agree with someone's tl;dr post, and then leave. When new evidence is presented, they just sway their votes (MAINLY DEPHIUS).

About my little "argument", I knew how contradictory it was. No mafia (especially a smart one like DJW) would attempt to buss on day 1; it's just retarded, and only hurts the mafia. I intentionally made a nonsense argument to see how the rest of the town would respond, because I already had suspicions on some townies for bandwagoning Shoop from day one, which brings me to my next point.

I didn't vote for Shoop on day one because I don't believe in bandwagoning. I've seen plenty of mafia games where someone gets bandwagoned and they get no chance to explain themselves. Even when they do explain themselves (MG Layton Mafia, crabbyman66), they get lynched anyway. Bandwagoning someone before they get a chance to explain themselves is EXTREMELY scummy (unless they are confirmed to be guilty from investigations). I have no knowledge of Cave Story whatsoever, so seeing someone claim "Ballos" didn't click with me. Had I known who/what Ballos was, I probably would have voted to lynch Shoop as well. Because I didn't vote Shoop, I am suddenly a "target" now, but I can assure you that my reluctance to lynch Shoop was completely pro-town.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:06 am

Panthera leo wrote:
Unvote: DJ Wizard Cop

My argument was clearly bogus. I saw how it contradicted itself. So why did I do it? To weed out some possible mafia. It seems that Dephius and Pachino are constantly agreeing with points without saying anything. Looking back at both of their points (I encourage the town to do the same), you can see that they just pop in (ESPECIALLY PACHINO), say they agree with someone's tl;dr post, and then leave. When new evidence is presented, they just sway their votes (MAINLY DEPHIUS).

About my little "argument", I knew how contradictory it was. No mafia (especially a smart one like DJW) would attempt to buss on day 1; it's just retarded, and only hurts the mafia. I intentionally made a nonsense argument to see how the rest of the town would respond, because I already had suspicions on some townies for bandwagoning Shoop from day one, which brings me to my next point.

I didn't vote for Shoop on day one because I don't believe in bandwagoning. I've seen plenty of mafia games where someone gets bandwagoned and they get no chance to explain themselves. Even when they do explain themselves (MG Layton Mafia, crabbyman66), they get lynched anyway. Bandwagoning someone before they get a chance to explain themselves is EXTREMELY scummy (unless they are confirmed to be guilty from investigations). I have no knowledge of Cave Story whatsoever, so seeing someone claim "Ballos" didn't click with me. Had I known who/what Ballos was, I probably would have voted to lynch Shoop as well. Because I didn't vote Shoop, I am suddenly a "target" now, but I can assure you that my reluctance to lynch Shoop was completely pro-town.

Don't know if I'll buy it. Whether your innocent or not remains to be seen, but assuming you are a townie then I would like to inform you on a few things.
Firstly if you haven't noticed by now, pachino ALWAYS plays like that, whether he is town or not. In other words we can't base a scum vibe off of just that alone.
The same goes for Dephius, the only reason he said anything last game was because he had an investigation role, I have no knowledge of how he plays without it.
Also I do find it hard to believe that you didn't know ballos was the final boss considering all of the post that came directly after shoop's claim.
Which would be...

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Felipe. Look closely at what the dumb town just did. You... do realise that Mr. Shoop just claimed the final boss? That does help us just a bit...

and this...
Believeblood wrote:
Claiming as the hidden final boss probably wasn't the best thing to do, I think we've seen enough.

Take your time to explain though, I'm not going for a lynch.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm not enjoying this role as much, it's useless, and unless someone gives me something I will have no evidence whatsoever. So the best I can do is avoid a mislynch.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:35 pm
 [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 32  Next