The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:52 pm

[ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
Zero Suit Samus 

MGN Username: VillagerIsLove
Currently Playing: Smash 4, SSF2, Terraria, Fire Emblem: Awakening
Does anyone have that problem when ZSS kicks without any input from the down B? Killed me so many times online that I dropped her from my mains.

__
Secondaries
__
3DS FC: 3540-1270-5229

Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:48 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
don't hold B when you downB just tap it

Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:50 pm

MGN Username: VillagerIsLove
Currently Playing: Smash 4, SSF2, Terraria, Fire Emblem: Awakening
Holding B also causes the kick wow I never knew.

__
Secondaries
__
3DS FC: 3540-1270-5229

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:18 am

in fact, i noticed holding it is the way to make the kick come out earlier, to the point that a character stunned but close enough to be touching you can be hit immediately with the reverse aerial downB, if you hold it. makes for neat followups.

overall, im really loving ZSS in the demo, altough due to the priority being completely broken, i cant help but laugh may hair off when i outprioritize a Samus missile with a punch that deals 2% damage.

Others claim, it is half empty.

I, personally, Claim Nothing.

Instead, i Ask:

WHO THE %&(%/))% DRANK HALF OF MY BEER??!

Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:37 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
WAR-THERAPY wrote:
in fact, i noticed holding it is the way to make the kick come out earlier, to the point that a character stunned but close enough to be touching you can be hit immediately with the reverse aerial downB, if you hold it. makes for neat followups.

overall, im really loving ZSS in the demo, altough due to the priority being completely broken, i cant help but laugh may hair off when i outprioritize a Samus missile with a punch that deals 2% damage.

One use of down spec that I like to use is after using a down smash on a recovering opponent. They get stunned offstage, and that is a free down spec meteor.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:13 pm

that is, probably, the easiest and most punishing meteor smash in the whole game, lol. its so ridiculously effective and so easy to pull off. it makes tall characters like CF, samus and Marth just cry on impact.

Instead, i Ask:

Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:34 pm

So I just lost a couple of times against a good zss player (zyros or something) (used pikachu)

so yea a question, how do you beat a zss, how do you approach her?

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:19 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Auraka wrote:
So I just lost a couple of times against a good zss player (zyros or something) (used pikachu)

so yea a question, how do you beat a zss, how do you approach her?

Very carefully. Respect her horizontal range and attack from above. You really have to bait ZSS and wait for her to throw out a laggy, long ranged attack and punish accordingly.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:56 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Kyoz's neutral-game focuses heavily on mix-ups and safe distances punishes with Zamus' long-range ground attacks. He attempts shield-baits and dashdancing into Fsmash/Sspecial to try throwing off your reaction. He does this, especially, when you're airborne and about to land. Just try to get him to commit to his mix-ups and learn to punish them harshly. You can try to bait out his options by trying to stay airborne at a diagonal angle from Zamus' ground position. That's her blind-spot. Sspecial covers directly in front of her, while Uspecial covers directly above her; but she has no quick or safe option diagonally from her (a jump-aerial is risky as they can be beaten by many other moves, and she loses her ground position). Try to extend you air-time to maybe bait him into doing the wrong ground option.

Watch-out when recovery against him too. He has these weird ledge-guarding gimps to bait you into Zamus' range and safely it you. But, you use Pikachu, so you should be able to get pass him with a Quick-Attack mix-up after drop back off the ledge.

I don't know if there's much else. I, usually, just rushing him down because it pressures him and narrows his options. Not entirely sure how much it works, but it worked the last set I played him.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:17 pm

MGN Username: Calego
Currently Playing: SSF2, Smite, Digimon Masters Online
hi, i'm a new user of this character, and I wonder what commands to drop the whip when I throw myself back up

Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:54 pm

you cannot. once your whip garbs the ledge, it automatically counts as a ledge grab, and you cant use attacks while in the ledge, unless you jump or use the actual ledge attack itself, which is completely seperated from your regular moveset. its not about the whip itself, in fact no matter what attack you attempt to do, unless you jump, you will do the ledge attack.

Instead, i Ask:

Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:04 pm

MGN Username: Bomono3
Currently Playing: Some platformer
Calego wrote:
hi, i'm a new user of this character, and I wonder what commands to drop the whip when I throw myself back up

if your trying to ask how to ledge stall. you press away form the stage, press down, then jump and use side-b at the same time. if done right you should regrab the edge, if done wrong just up-b and you will usually be safe.

you can also fastfall jump up-b but that ones timing is a bit strict.

My main is tails.
My secondaries are peach and fox.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)
https://soundcloud.com/caffinluvstmgc

Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:58 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
so kyoz is always going on about how if ZSS is offstage against falcon it's a guaranteed KO

but idk how

cause ZSS has so much invincibility on her tether and can grab ledge from a long distance instantaneously
also it's hard to grab ledge quickly enough to keep the invincibility and make the tether fail, as the tether can be held off until the last second

help pls

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:32 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Jammy wrote:
so kyoz is always going on about how if ZSS is offstage against falcon it's a guaranteed KO

but idk how

cause ZSS has so much invincibility on her tether and can grab ledge from a long distance instantaneously
also it's hard to grab ledge quickly enough to keep the invincibility and make the tether fail, as the tether can be held off until the last second

help pls

The only thing that comes to my mind would be rolling from the edge when ZSS uses her tether. Normally, she shouldnt be able to grab the ledge.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:44 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Jammy wrote:

but idk how

help pls

Edge guarding ZSS is practically impossible no matter who you are. She could just go high with DJ, super high with DJ->up spec, go super low and then use DJ-up spec to recover from the blast zone, she could even fake going low then suddenly use side spec and grab the ledge. Well timed downspecs also give her longer recovery, so yeah. Even MK can't edge guard her.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:49 pm
 [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next