The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:48 pm

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Wario 

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Lermonz wrote:
Wario feels amazing in 1.1. He has a bunch of setups into Uair, like Dair->Uair, or Dtilt->Fair->Uair, or Chomp->Fair->Uair. All are quite reliable, and if you can't land an Uair then Nair and Bair are good kill options too. FSmash is really strong, it's great for reads. His grab game is very strong, Uthrow is an amazing combo tool even with the decreased hitstun from 1.0.3, and Dthrow and Bthrow are good kill throws. USpecial is very strong as well, it can kill now, which makes all of the Uair setups even safer because if they're at too high of a percent where the Uair will connect, then USpecial will probably kill them anyway. Dash Attack can either kill or lead into a pseudo-tech chase scenario depending on which hitbox you connect with, both outcomes are useful. Chomp is extremely good, it is basically a medium amount of risk for a possibly high reward. It can set up into Fair, Shoulder Bash, Dash Attack, Grab, and Nair. Shoulder Bash is very good, it can sometimes kill and it's a decent approach option. Which is Wario's biggest weakness, he has trouble getting in because he has no disjoints whatsoever. The best way to go about it is to play defensively with Bair and Shoulder Bash until about mid percent when Chomp becomes more reliable to use. So overall he has on of the most reliable combo and kill confirm setups in the game (at least to my knowledge), but has trouble getting in. Other aspects about him, his air speed is great which also helps his good recovery. He doesn't have a great recovery, it's just average. He's also a Medium-Heavy, so he stays alive for a good amount of time. I could see him being somewhere from A- to B on the next tier list.

I agree with most of this but I still can't use chomp well. Also, I'm really glad they fixed the dash attack to actually do something now instead of being as useless as just tripping.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:16 am

I wish Wario's waft worked like it does in Smash 4.
In Smash 4, the waft gives you reward for clever eating and good conservation of "fuel". The waft would stop all horizontal momentum and launch Wario upwards a lot. It was an additional recovery option that gave hat the boost of Mega Man's rush coil and the knock back of Roy's neutral special (metaphorically). There were also many other things with the waft. The waft's hit box is bigger and lasts longer if done on your bike. The waft charges faster by eating most projectiles, and your bike. The waft can act as a recovery option, and since you can jump off your bike, could allow Wario to go places that only Jigglypuff can go.
In SSF2 it's not that. The waft is tiny and can't hit anything next to you. Wario barely goes up, it's about as much of a recovery as Tail's up special, as the end lag means you can't use it like Yoshi's up special. It's also weak, or at least feels that way thanks to the small hit box.
I think Wario's waft should work like the Smash 4 version. In SSF2 you don't have a bike, so the waft should especially reward you for better waft management. The waft should be like a falcon punch, a move that you have to stop and bask in the glory of, regardless of if it lands. Also it should stop your horizontal momentum and should not be a projectile.

Last minute note: In SSF2 the waft feels WAY too much like an actual fart, rather than a falcon punch via glutes.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:40 pm

MGN Username: Lermonz
waft should never be used as a recovery option, it is way too good of a kill move to waste it like that. And also the hitbox is bigger than it is in smash 4
not only that but it kills a lot earlier too. It can kill well before 20% on every character

buh

Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Lermonz wrote:
waft should never be used as a recovery option, it is way too good of a kill move to waste it like that. And also the hitbox is bigger than it is in smash 4
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
not only that but it kills a lot earlier too. It can kill well before 20% on every character

Excellent vintage way to take the last stock as soon as your opponent's invincibilty runs out. :wario:

Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:36 am

Lermonz wrote:
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Yeah, after posting my complaint I realized that Wario starts to leak gas when he the waft is half charged, so what I was ranting about is the half charged waft, since I didn't know there was a stronger option.
Is wish the visual indicator between the two charges was a little more distinct.
I use it as a recovery option when I try to shoulder charge recovering opponents and I miss.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:36 pm

I've actually been able to recover from missing a shoulder bash and falling offstage. All you need is your double jump and your Up-B and it works for the most part. However, I do agree that Waft shouldn't really be used on recovery considering how powerful it's supposed to be.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:53 pm

It feels a bit too powerful sometimes, like a cheap OHKO. Then again, a cheap move fits for Wario.

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:47 am

Sonario wrote:
It feels a bit too powerful sometimes, like a cheap OHKO. Then again, a cheap move fits for Wario.

Yeah but on the contrary it takes a heckload of time to charge, sometimes surpassing the length of a match.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:51 pm

MGN Username: Unknown
Currently Playing: AoE II
Wario-Man

Mains: Image :isaac: :blackmage: :bomberman: :luffy: :naruto: :tails: :pacman: :ichigo: :sandbag: :lloyd: :sora: :goku:

Fri May 24, 2019 8:09 am

Meteor85 wrote:
Wario-Man

[ Image ]

*Sniff*
It’s beautiful

Fri May 24, 2019 9:15 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
Meteor85 wrote:
Wario-Man

[ Image ]

There are some missing pixels on the mask, though, so I think it's still a *ahem* "work in progress" type of sprite.

YouTube Video:

Fri May 24, 2019 1:18 pm

Kirby.EXE wrote:
Meteor85 wrote:
Wario-Man

[ Image ]

There are some missing pixels on the mask, though, so I think it's still a *ahem* "work in progress" type of sprite.

I can see that
To me he looks a little like he’s crying

Tue May 28, 2019 5:54 am

Huh, so pretty much every other character lost their Final Forms, but Wario got to keep his Wario-Man? Then again, it did get watered down SEVERELY, pretty much just being passive damage and speed increases along with flight. Wario-Man's moveset is pretty much 100% the same as Wario now, no longer having any of those cool WarioWare references in them or even different animations. (they're just recolored and have different properties)

Still, it's better than Smash Ultimate's Generic Trapping Final Smash at least, plus he can do some insane stuff with his ludicrous attack speed and infinite flight. Not quite complaining, but I'll miss the old WarioWare themed moveset wielding unique Final Form.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:52 am
 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4