The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:31 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
OOC: Ugh, stragglers. SIDE NOTE: Why must the must destructive character look for a teapot?
Lotus was so self absorbed she didn't think once about why she was down there. She was slightly panicked for dot. As she tried to summon the being. Dot formed this time. Dot was weak and tired due to the attack from Alice. Lotus was so happy she walked over and snuggled the big ol' kitty. She heard Damian mutter about not seeing anything.
"What do you mean? It's just a little dim. " Lotus looked around the room at the books on the shelves and the various other objects.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:28 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
OOC: Already made a post for Lloyd.

Johnathan instinctively jumped out of the way, unable to preform the feat Li just pulled off. He did know he had to think of a way through this. And fast. Absently rubbing his chin, he quickly tried to come up with a plan. He had an idea in mind, but there was a small glint of doubt attached to it. Attempting to fuse the sigil arx, he rapidly fired two energy bolts aimed squarely at the mountain of scrap, in the event that one might not be enough. "That should do it." Johnathan almost inaudibly mumbled.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:58 pm
Site Admin

Alice walked down the stairs with Tsubaki in tow, and could see Ms. Sullivan (Evelyn) on the ground slowly getting up. The old woman snapped her neck towards the girls in a sickeningly quick motion, her blackened eyes looking at them with a twisted grin on her face.

"Ah yes, the bodyguards" she said coldly, the chandelier in the dining room began to sway back and forth slowly, and then suddenly all the chairs in the house were violently thrown around in the room as the lights went out. Within a second, the flickered back on, though the old woman was nowhere to be seen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car missed them and crashed into another junk pile harmlessly. The immediate threat having passed, Johnny fired two bolts at the junk pile from where the car had originated, though it did nothing besides destroy a bit of scrap metal.

"We need to locate the source" stated Li calmly as they regrouped. Again, they could hear a radio playing "Getting to Know You" eerily from somewhere nearby. Various pieces of scrap metal rattled and floated around the area as if they were unaffected by gravity. "Perhaps if we find that radio, we will find the spirit that is doing all this"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damian found that as he walked to certain areas in the s****, he could feel something within his stomach twitching. It was as if he had to force himself to walk into a particular corner, making him sicker as he walked towards it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leopold laughed at the boy "Borrow my tail?" it looked up at Sharon "The child asked to borrow my tail, did you hear that Sharon?" The salamander turned to face the child, the gold flecks on its body burning bright, "Boy, you will not be borrowing my tail, you will use it for this spell. Yes, my tail will grow back, but what does it matter to you? This is witchcraft, the art of ingredients. Cut off my tail, and do not do it slowly. Do not get my blood on you, or any of your clothing or it shall burn. Do you understand?"

Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Phora hissed at the old woman just before the lights flickered off. When they reappeared she looked around confused. "Where did you hide, coward!?" She demanded.

Alice was hit by a chair as she shielded Tsubaki with her own body. Standing up, she said to Evelyn, "I think it's okay to remove the disguise. We need your senses to track her." She looked around. "What are you? A demon? A poltergeist? I don't believe we've met." Surprisingly, her years of experience led her to be on a first-name basis with many spirits and warriors of hell. She had slain many, but just as many had managed to slip through her grasp even after multiple encounters.

"Okay," Daniel said nervously. He aimed the knife carefully and then brought it down onto Leopold's tail.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:18 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
For a minute, Damian had to bend over and hold his belly, letting out a groan. He couldn't help but try to relieve himself, "Maybe I'm just hungry." He remarked, then he took another step towards the corner only to feel worse. "Nope." He doubted anything paranormal could affect his stomach but having received a number of surprises thus far in his newly discovered omnividence, he didn't rule out the possibility. He grunted and regained his posture, standing up straight and releasing his gut. After taking a deep breath, he reluctantly pushed himself to walk toward the corner, breathing heavily as he endured the punishment his stomach was inflicting. Deep in his mind, he prayed his gut was finally correct as his eyes flickered back and forth, scanning every object near the corner.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Lotus sat in the dark room and watched Damian suffer. Lotus final stood up and began to walk over to him. The was clear to hear eyes but apparently it was a little too dark for Damian. She looked at the dull wall as she slide closer and closer to Damian her footsteps were near silent.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Johnathan's suspicions were right: the bolt did nothing. Oh well, they couldn't all be winners. He listened as Li mentioned finding the source. Splitting up wouldn't do much good; there would be no telling how strong the ghost could be, so how were they supposed to find the source? His particular Arte wasn't known for sensing stuff, so his spiritual senses would be subpar at best. "Alright, so does anyone have any bright ideas as to where this source could be?" He asked bluntly. It would help if he knew a sigil that could track down something.

---

Lloyd watched as Damian seemed to be on to something and as Lotus tried to sneak up on him. He also attempted to approach but from a safe and still striking distance. Grayson also hovered overhead the group.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:06 pm

Derrek took a single step back to avoid the barreling car. He had been almost hit by cars enough times that he was pretty good at just barely not dieing, yet none of those times (to his knowledge) had someone been actively trying to kill him, so, on that realization, a rather distressed look crossed his face. Mouth open, but with no words he merely pointed at the now overkilled dead machine, until the conversation of the others brought him back.

"Ah," he began dropping back to a slouch from his tensed position, then cupping his hand to his ear. "We could follow the source of the sound?"

---

As she was practically dragged down the stairs, Tsubaki was immediately brought out of the funk that had just been starting to creep up on her. She had really though the monster would be the one to jump out of the closet, as it would have in Japan, but being attacked almost immediately was still close enough to count as a successful plan. Technically.

She stopped though as the old woman whipped her head around to face Alice and herself, and wasn't able to react in time to shield herself from an incoming chair. Luckily Alice took the blow in her stead.

"Ari- er, thank you Alice," she whimpered as she followed the older girl up.

She looked over to Evelyn, to whom Alice was suggesting to drop the disguise. If she could time this right it would be quite stylish.

"Ude ni," she spoke, and her dress materialized on her under her slingshot ammo containing satchel, which she had summoned earlier to hold the freezelock pistol from Alice.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:11 pm

"That won't do us any good. It's being played over speakers." Logan stated matter-of-factly. "The source is probably in some kind of office."

He grinned, impressed with his own deductive reasoning. That would show all those morons who thought he needed to lay off the mystery novels. After a brief but much-deserved pat on the back, the junior's thoughts returned to the matter at hand, at which point he realized he had no idea where to go from there.

"Um, does any one know if there's an office nearby?"

Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:14 pm
Site Moderator

Maximilian wasn't entirely thrilled with the group he was sorted into or the mission he was tasked with. He had nothing personal against anyone in the group, it was just the mission seemed so boring and none of the people he was with could expedite the process of finding the lamp.

"I think it would best if we went our separate ways and looked for the lamp on our own." Maximilian finally spoke up after a good while of shuffling behind his group. "This place is pretty big and it doesn't look like there's any threats to us in here. I'm sure we could wrap this up much quicker if we split up." He tried his best to mask his disinterest in the mission.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:49 am
Site Admin

Evelyn did as Alice said, and just as Tsubaki transformed, Evelyn's eyes flashed yellow and the facade fell off of her frame in a shower of sparkles, revealing her original form. Immediately her senses expanded; it felt as if she had been kept cooped up in a box, and she nearly sighed as she allowed her abilities to flow naturally about her.

"My name, Alice Pearson?" spoke the old lady's voice "You are mistaken, child. I am not one, nor am I two. I am many. We are but the foot soldiers of the most high. Now you, Miss Pearson, must answer our question. Where. Is. That. Woman."

Evelyn's expression darkened as her senses led her to a very dire revelation, "We're surrounded" she said, almost in disbelief, the amount of demons around their current location showed her that they were greatly outnumbered. Their signature seemed different however, not quite like those they had seen before, rather it seemed that they were inhabiting vessels. Suddenly, they heard a crashing coming from the window in the kitchen. The mailman they had seen before stuck his head through the window, his eyes were pitch black.

"They've possessed everyone! It was a trap!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as Maximilian had spoke, Damian felt he was about to reach his breaking point and collapse to the ground, however he felt a surge of energy well up within himself. Before he could do anything further, he suddenly released a wave of electrical energy from himself, it passed through the rest of the team harmlessly, but there was a sharp metallic tinkling sound that emanated from the corner.

Before their very eyes, a veil seemed to fall and they found themselves staring at a frightened young man, perhaps in his early twenties and a man wearing medieval Arabic clothing and wearing ornate golden manacles. The Arabic man crossed his arms patiently, looking at the boy as if expecting something.

"Ok Abbud!" yelled the boy while cowering behind his own raised arms "I wish you were free! Now save me!" There was a flash of light, and the manacles on Abbud's arms fell to the ground with a resounding clink.

"FREE!" he yelled "I AM FREE!" taking a look at the children, his face took a threatening expression "Move out of my way, devil children!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Li's eyes lit up recalling what the security guard had told him about the junkyard, "Brilliant Logan!" he exclaimed, "Follow me" and he immediately ran seeming to know where he was going.

As they ran, various articles of junk material flew aggressively at them, becoming more and more violent as they approached what seemed to be the very core of all that was occurring at the junk yard.

Reaching the office, they found what appeared to be an old man hovering above the office, with various streams of metal revolving around him like the nucleus of an atom. He appeared to be in his sixties, wearing rugged overalls, and a thick dirty beard. On his head was a cap twisted backwards and his face seemed smudged with oil. He didn't even seem to take notice of the children as they approached.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The knife sliced cleanly through the tail, severing it from the body of Leopold, who scampered away from the table as if nothing had happened and crawled back into the fires that the cauldron rested on.

"See? That wasn't so hard" cooed Ms. Ignianus, "Now come, come, we don't have much time. We have the tail of a salamander, but we also need firefly bulbs, singed frogs legs, the whisper of a sylph, a crocodile eye and stirred with a lightning rod. You can catch the fireflies and the frogs behind the store, the rest of the things I have myself."

Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:28 pm

Lotus looking at the angered man did the only thing in her mind that made sense. She looked at the guy who hadn't done anything evil,yet, and moved out of his way. She had no quarrel with him. She needed to find the teapot, or ummm lamp, or perhaps it was a jar of something. Lotus still didn't know what she was looking for all she knew is it wasn't a frightened dude. so she moved to let him pass.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Phora jumped with surprise as the mailman stuck his head through the kitchen window. Impulsively she pointed at him and unleashed a barrage of knife-like gusts of wind. "Don't break glass with someone else's face!" She shouted as she backed up against the wall.

Alice summoned a sheathed tanto and waved it about. "I'm going to do a complete summons! Catch this Phora!" She threw it and as Phora caught it she disappeared and came back in her adult form.

"I'd rather use one of my staffs," The totem said, unsheathing the tanto. "But I guess you don't want me to destroy the house." She walked up to the mailman and tried to stab him in the face with the sharp self-defense weapon.

"Evelyn, how many of them can you sense?" Phora's master asked. She reached into her bag and pulled out a silver dagger. "Tsubaki, now would be the time to use some sigils!"

Daniel nodded to Ms. Ignianus. "I'll get to it then. Do you have a jar of some sort?"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:35 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Caught in shock by what just transpired, it took Damian a moment to notice the strangers in front of him. "Devil children? W-who are you?" He was having a lot of trouble processing what had just occured.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Lloyd looked at Lotus incredulously, his mouth hung imperceptibly open. "Lotus!" His voice boomed. Was she really going let a Jinn on the loose to rampage and potentially destroy Darren? He just got here! And was that man really that foolish?

Did this young man have the artifact they were looking for? Jinns are always bound to something; he had it somewhere. Perhaps it's the manacles? There was a flash of light forming his weapon and it dispelled, revealing his sword-staff, tightly gripped in his right hand. "I would point out the irony in your statement Aladdin, but I have some faith you aren't that daft." He said with a lazy smile.

---

Johnathan took a look at the old man. Marking himself with arx with a billhook, he attempted to approach the man and snap him out of his apparent trance. But was on guard in case it was a trap.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:34 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 98  Next