The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:03 am

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Racism. {slightly political but not really} 

Oh boy the comments in this are gonna be a joy.
I feel like this community has a problem, mostly in the online game room name. The amount of times ive seen room names with "n*****" in it is absolutely insane. I understand that its just the internet and this s*** happens all the time but i have never seen a community with so much of it so I feel like this needed to be brought up. You've all seen the rooms, some edgy prick think its funny to bring up years of slavery so they can be edgy. f***, i don't even know what could be done about it, or what this post is even going to do for that matter. This community is awesome, but its the vocal minority that have been ruining it. I know that not much is going to happen and that its going to continue but i just had to rant. Maybe a word filter would be nice in beta? i don't know.

I understand that its not going to be anyone in this forums, so please don't see this and think that I'm trying to say this is everyone, or that this community is somehow racist.

http://i.imgur.com/N4baiOR.png
http://i.imgur.com/KT0Qd1u.png
Example i found today.

Click to expand thumbnail
Main: Jigs, Bowser
Secondaries: The rest of the cast.
I Really Want To Play But Hes Really Bad: Kirby
~Yay! I love being the only solomain!~

Fri May 19, 2017 8:34 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Yupia wrote:
I feel like this community has a problem

Oh boy, here we go again :chibirobo:

Fri May 19, 2017 8:40 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
so are we actively searching for things to complain about now or

Fri May 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Crow Nonya wrote:
so are we actively searching for things to complain about now or

i mean im not activity searching for it? i just see it when I'm looking for a room to join? im not monitoring the rooms waiting for someone to say "n*****"?

Fri May 19, 2017 8:49 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Yupia wrote:
i mean im not activity searching for it? i just see it when I'm looking for a room to join? im not monitoring the rooms waiting for someone to say "n*****"?

When they say
Crow Nonya wrote:
actively searching for things to complain about

they mean that over the past few days (Even TSON says it's basically been appearing every other day) people have been complaining about "Something-something Community is Terrible" for basically any reason
The best thing to do would be to just ignore the problem since I'm fairly certain we all know about it (Especially considering McCleodGaming runs the servers to begin with) with how frequent it's been popping up
It's just Internet People being Internet People, just like For Glory
I find it funny how Sakurai didn't want Online Nicknames/Playable Miis in Brawl to avoid bullying, but Nicknames are in Smash
4 and Miis are available in the Online Tourney Mode and they're definitely used in a way Sakurai wouldn't like, so, I dunno what he thought would go better

Best ta ignore the problems. :chibirobo:

Fri May 19, 2017 10:29 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Most of the issues people complain about don't even occur on these here forums.
Rant about the problems at the place where they're actually occurring please (not referring to you Yupia, just people in general).

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Fri May 19, 2017 10:38 pm

[quote="Bedoop"they mean that over the past few days (Even TSON says it's basically been appearing every other day) people have been complaining about "Something-something Community is Terrible" for basically any reason[/quote]
lol i havent even been on the forums recently, sorry if i came off the wrong way. :p your probably right, I just more wanted to rant. :p

Fri May 19, 2017 11:05 pm

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
Do people really think that when someone plays a 1v1 with his friend and names a room "n*****" means that they bring up years of slavery?

Sat May 20, 2017 4:43 am

Oh boy, another rant thread!

I wonder when people will learn to privately message administration instead of publicly stating problems with the community in an unnecessary manner :chibirobo:

Sat May 20, 2017 7:08 am

NZ wrote:
Oh boy, another rant thread!

I wonder when people will learn to privately message administration instead of publicly stating problems with the community in an unnecessary manner :chibirobo:

Oh boy, NZ acting like the little angel of the forums.
AGAIN.

Let this be a civilized discussion without your "omg why nut juz ask deh devs in prvate"

He wants other peoples opinions ffs.

Anytime a reasonable thread asking for opinions arises, you always feel the need to be the buzzkill.

It was good at first, now it's just plain annoying.

Stop.

Sat May 20, 2017 11:56 am

Currently Playing: bye bye MG

Sat May 20, 2017 12:17 pm

MGN Username: obi_nation
Currently Playing: with my limit!
Its only 2 people doing it, I don't see why you say the "community" has a problem. If it really bothers you, just talk to a dev about it and get them banned or somethin

Sat May 20, 2017 4:26 pm

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
^

Sat May 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Welp, I'm not up to anything at this particular point of time, so I guess I'll kill time by replying to that post.

FutureMac wrote:
Oh boy, NZ acting like the little angel of the forums.
AGAIN.

Wow, I had no idea you saw me as an angel.
Thank you ~ :colonthree:

FutureMac wrote:
Let this be a civilized discussion without your "omg why nut juz ask deh devs in prvate"

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR he could've immediately contacted admin so it could be dealt with ASAP. And it's not as if we weren't already aware of such things occuring.

FutureMac wrote:

And you know that, how?
Wait a minute. ARE YOU PSYCHIC?

FutureMac wrote:
Anytime a reasonable thread asking for opinions arises, you always feel the need to be the buzzkill.

If he said he was looking for our opinions, he should've said so. We've had quite a few threads regarding complaints so this whole thing is getting quite tedious.

"Anytime?" "Always?"
Honestly, I don't even know why I'm replying to your post anymore. I could be doing many other things right now, some of which are eating, sleeping or breathing.
But here I am. :chibirobo:

But you're right about me being a buzzkill. I'm not exactly the most favorable at parties. :chibirobo:

Mac of the Future wrote:
It was good at first, now it's just plain annoying.

Stop.

Being a buzzkill used to be a good thing? Neat.

Listen Mac, if my posts bother you, I'm sorry to hear that. But my voice has a right to be heard. And if my voice says "this thread is unnecessary", then so be it.
And if your voice says "ugh nimbz stop being a buzkil" then that's perfectly​ fine. But if you really feel like this thread is "reasonable", then try replying​ to the OP and contributing to the "civilised discussion" instead of b**** about my comment. Cheers, lad.

Sat May 20, 2017 6:13 pm

NZ"[quote="FutureMac wrote:

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR he could've immediately contacted admin so it could be dealt with ASAP. And it's not as if we weren't already aware of such things occuring.

FutureMac wrote:

NZ wrote:
And you know that, how?
Wait a minute. ARE YOU PSYCHIC?

i mean... you dont really have to be psychic to figure it out... everyone else did all on there own.
NZ"ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR he could've immediately contacted admin so it could be dealt with ASAP. And it's not as if we weren't already aware of such things occuring.[/quote]
i mean... I did....? again... I just wanted to rant. I have said this several times.

[quote="NZ wrote:
Listen Mac, if my posts bother you, I'm sorry to hear that. But my voice has a right to be heard. And if my voice says "this thread is unnecessary", then so be it.

I have already contacted an admin, several times in the past. The thread was for me to rant. What did you think the point of the thread was???? To get people banned???? Why would i post one screenshot if that was the point. Again just like stop. This thread was f*** retarded from the start.

Sat May 20, 2017 10:23 pm
 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next