The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:03 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 1042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 70  Next
[MP] Tales of 

Currently Playing: UNIST
got my CE of tales of symphonia chronicles today

after playing i can tell the difference between 60 and 30 FPS but if i don't think about it it won't bother me
all of their faces are in HD but their clothes aren't
why are costumes still titles
WHY ARE THERE STILL ONLY TWO SHORTCUTS

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:39 pm
YIM

Currently Playing: SFV-FI: Shenanigans
Kuro Kagami wrote:

after playing i can tell the difference between 60 and 30 FPS but if i don't think about it it won't bother me

Because this is a lazy HD reload, not a remake.
C'mon, ToS is a good Title but really, this is such an obvious money grab, and they know people will buy it.

(This is the only recorded instance of this happening)

Term wrote:
i am a huge advocate of your right to whine like a b****

Kuro Kagami wrote:
i have problems with colors

i mean i have problems in general but colors tend to be a recurring issue

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Cactush wrote:
Kuro Kagami wrote:

Because this is a lazy HD reload, not a remake.
C'mon, ToS is a good Title but really, this is such an obvious money grab, and they know people will buy it.

as much as i enjoy tos i'll be honest this is super lazy

the voice clips, the typos, the voice inconsistencies, the translation inconsistencies, not fixing old problems
hnnnn

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:42 pm
YIM

I still dont see what makes Symphonia so great, my main gripes are the lack of free run, and the fact that the camera sucks for multiplayer.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:11 pm

It was on the Gamecube so that made it special?

Most of the good JRPGs were on the PS2

Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Thundaga_T2 wrote:
I still dont see what makes Symphonia so great, my main gripes are the lack of free run, and the fact that the camera sucks for multiplayer.

well the camera thing for the most part isn't really an issue since i'd imagine most play it single-player

but honestly the lack of free-run is more frustrating than challenging. ever get stuck against swords dancer?
not. fun.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:34 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Yoh-dono
Currently Playing: Playing the f*** out of Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost
Waifu: Korra
Kuro Kagami wrote:
Thundaga_T2 wrote:

well the camera thing for the most part isn't really an issue since i'd imagine most play it single-player

but honestly the lack of free-run is more frustrating than challenging. ever get stuck against swords dancer?
not. fun.

Free run is lame, fighting Sword Dancer was supposed to make you find a way to vary yourself using offense and defense so jumping away from him during an attack to avoid damage would be your smart choice.
Honestly I hated Symphonia for everything else besides the gameplay the Gameplay I feel is actually better then the garbage that is Graces and Ez mode Xillia.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:19 pm

yoh wrote:
Kuro Kagami wrote:
Thundaga_T2 wrote:

not. fun.

Free run is lame, fighting Sword Dancer was supposed to make you find a way to vary yourself using offense and defense so jumping away from him during an attack to avoid damage would be your smart choice.
Honestly I hated Symphonia for everything else besides the gameplay the Gameplay I feel is actually better then the garbage that is Graces and Ez mode Xillia.

i think you're pretty much alone on the gameplay of graces, most people regard it as the best and most enjoyable battle system which made up for the subpar story
by the end of my sword dancer battle it just boiled down to walk towards him, provoke him to attack, jump away, attack him about three times, rinse and repeat

then genis pls

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:29 pm
YIM

yoh wrote:
Kuro Kagami wrote:
Thundaga_T2 wrote:

not. fun.

What if you're playing as a spellcasting character, you practically have no choice but to keep away, if they back you into a corner, there's practically nothing you can do if there are no other targets. That's why i find the lack of free run annoying, since it pretty much boils down the game to you only being able to effectively use the physical oriented characters. I like Graces and Xillia because the game allows you to play as anyone you want, which is one of my favorite things about the Tales games.

I like using spellcasting characters sometimes, so, lack of free run makes them impractical to use, thats why i dont like it. I think i can understand why free run makes the games too easy for some, but there should at least be an option to enable/disable it. I certainly dont play the Tales games for challenge reasons (though im sure lots do), and games like that turn me off because just playing it normally feels like its too difficult at times.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:16 pm

MGN Username: Yoh-dono
Currently Playing: Playing the f*** out of Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost
Waifu: Korra
Thundaga_T2 wrote:
yoh wrote:
Kuro Kagami wrote:
Thundaga_T2 wrote:

not. fun.

What if you're playing as a spellcasting character, you practically have no choice but to keep away, if they back you into a corner, there's practically nothing you can do if there are no other targets. That's why i find the lack of free run annoying, since it pretty much boils down the game to you only being able to effectively use the physical oriented characters. I like Graces and Xillia because the game allows you to play as anyone you want, which is one of my favorite things about the Tales games.

I like using spellcasting characters sometimes, so, lack of free run makes them impractical to use, thats why i dont like it. I think i can understand why free run makes the games too easy for some, but there should at least be an option to enable/disable it. I certainly dont play the Tales games for challenge reasons (though im sure lots do), and games like that turn me off because just playing it normally feels like its too difficult at times.

Well if your a spell caster it seems pratical you're going to need to stay in the back but then again Raine in the opening did show she could do some sorts of physical abilities.
Overall I firmly believe the challange run communitty might last for a couple more years.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:35 pm

even characters such as zelos/kratos have trouble getting out of corners because of the lack of a move that moves them forward in midair. some of the more combo-oriented characters like lloyd and regal have means of escape, but if we don't take glitches into account and we really shouldn't then genis and raine are almost totally f*** over, then sheena, presea, and colette have very limited means of getting out
besides, xillia and graces do an excellent job at monitoring free run usage by not only limiting it, but rewarding players who use the back/front-steps and sidesteps.

it doesn't matter what's shown in the opening if they can't do that in the game. rita's never shown doing physical attacking in the opening and yet she has decent physical capabilities. i'm not sure why you're bringing up the opening up.
if you're soloing or trying to desperately survive, the lack of free run totally f*** you when you only have someone like raine left. the battles get a bit more repetitive as well no matter what character you play, especially in the early game.

EDIT: oh, i'm planning on asking my friends if they'd want to do a four-player ToSC run. i'm trying to keep the characters at least relatively fun to play as. i enjoy zelos but can run lloyd, and a friend of mine enjoys using colette. assuming my party went something like:

Zelos (Healing/Melee/Magic Damage) primary healer with magic options in case a fake comes along, with other damaging capabilities
Colette (Support/Long-Range Attacking) supporter to avoid allies dying in the first place
Regal (Healing/Melee) secondary healer. compare to sophie, almost
Filler. Unsure if I want Lloyd or Presea here.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:44 pm
YIM

Good luck then, the aformentioned camera problems might make some battles harder than they should be. I've only played it two players, but the camera seems to eventually want to focus on player 1.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:58 pm

that's fixed in the PS2 port which means in turn it's fixed in the PS3 port

still unsure if i want to presea or lloyd

Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 pm
YIM
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Naw it still definitely makes Player 1 the focus in two player.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:05 pm

does it? i figured the only thing it'd do is bring the camera angle over in favor.

tales of graces, xillia, vesperia, and abyss do the same thing i'm pretty sure

Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:07 pm
YIM
 [ 1042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 70  Next