The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:31 pm

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Shelter Hoppers 

My first RP idea! Any suggestions would help.

In the year 2012, a zombie outbreak occurred in the U.S. How or why it happened is unclear, even by the government, but it was heavily believed the fault of the FBI, who refused to make any comment about the subject matter, and in fact have heavily avoided the topic. By the end of the first week afterwords, the casualties are already in the millions. Even a mass military assault on the zombies only made matters worse. A month after the outbreak, the president was under extreme pressure as to what to do. Finally, he was forced to take drastic measures. He used the military to corner the zombies into the north-east corner of the U.S., and created a barricade. Despite being an effective tactic for trapping the zombies, it trapped many humans in as well. The trapped humans started building protective shelters with the remaining materials they had left, and boarded up to keep safe. Although most used this tactic, some others took different action. What they did was they moved from town to town, city to city, fighting against the zombies and settling in different shelters for short periods of time. They mostly do this for different reasons, as some want to find out what happened to cause the outbreak, some wish to find the cure to it, some wish to just wipe out the zombie population in general, and some want to escape. Sometimes they look for abandoned shelters or shelters with people that are willing to share them, or sometimes they use more brutal tactics and just kick the previous owner(s) of a shelter out or kill them. Sometimes they work together to survive, or sometimes they fight for supplies and weapons. These people are known as Shelter Hoppers.

So, the basic RP rules apply for this (no god-modding, auto-hitting, ect.). THIS IS A REALISTIC TYPE OF RP! Which means no special abilities (except if you're a zombie, in which you have enhanced strength, speed, agility, ect.). Yeah, so in this you may be a:
Shelter Hopper: travel around, fighting zombies whenever they run into them, and stop temporally staying in shelters. Rather offensive.
Shelter Owner: own shelters (Duh) and stay boarded up in them, only leaving for supplies. Very defensive of there shelters usually, sometimes even killing survivors that get to close, but also sometimes welcoming to other survivors.
Zombie: Well, they're zombies. They eat flesh and think of nothing but of how to do so. They only have enough thought power to be able to think of tactics to get survivors, so I don't want any: "Well, I do believe I'm going to eat your flesh now! *CHOMP*". Are much stronger then the normal survivor, can't use any sort of weapon besides teeth or claws.
You can be self centered, meaning you think only for yourself and you'll go as far as to fight others to survive (or eat, in a zombies case), or co-op, meaning you share and work with others. You can also just be both, meaning you'll do either under certain circumstances.

Here's what you need for your character:

Name: (zombies need names to, so it won't be confusing)
Appearance:
Weapons: can hold two weapons plus one melee. Can find weapons, but very sparsely. (no over powering, meaning no rocket launchers, gatling guns, or any of that type of B.S.)
History:
Personality:
Basic Stats: how fast do they run, how strong are they, ect.

For now, I'll wait on making a character.

Happy Surviving!

Last edited by iamhappy! on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:56 pm

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
There's been many Zombie Rps in the past. Eh...

Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:03 pm

ConquestStreak wrote:
There's been many Zombie Rps in the past. Eh...

Yeah, I know. I'm just to much of a zombie nut for my own good. Which is kinda strange since I usually don't like horror stuff. But yeah, any suggestions for improvements?

Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:02 pm

Perhaps, put a cap on weapons.

Nobody needs to have a Rocket Launcher, unless specific circumstances permit by history.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:31 pm

Whoops! Meant to add that in the first place, thanks for reminding me!

Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:47 pm

Define stats. Are we going to have Strength, Agility, or am I getting a different message here.
Second, need moar history. We got a zombie outbreak, why? Which leads me to my next point...
Is there an ultimate goal? To find out why zombie outbreaks are happening? To stop it? Revive all people from zombification?

Try going to http://www.urbandead.com for some zombie game-type inspirations.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Upgraded it a little. Hardly anything, but right now it's 12:22 over here in Mexico and I'm to tired to do anything spectacular (not that I really could do anything spectacular in any circumstance). I'll see what I can do in the morning.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:26 am

So. If someone was to do an action, would we post "Tom searches", and wait for you to reply, or do we let it rip?

Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Its a pretty good idea. It would be pretty cool if we could be zombies or control certain packs of them. Either way it seems cool but will you be able to find weapons? Is there a map we can look at?

Kittenpuncher wrote:
Sorry, my ninja powers aren't for rent.

electro wrote:
WHAT? Why not?
Kittenpuncher wrote:
You'd get killed with them anyway.
electro wrote:
You're probably right. But I don't care! Im going to get those ninja powers somehow!
Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:
You can share my fire powers (if you want) so you can become THE FLAMIN NINJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
electro wrote:
Well, prefferably id get electrical powers but......
THAT SOUNDS GROOVY!

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:22 pm

I'm guessing it would be a wait for a reply kind of deal, since otherwise there would be people contradicting each other left and right. I was planning on making some characters to support the plot and move it along. Though that might be kinda annoying for some people, so I've been wondering if it would be better to just let people just wing it. What do you think?

And to electro, I've been thinking about controlling zombies, I'm planning on weapon finding, but it would be rather limited since I don't want people going:
"OMG I FOND 30 WEPONS IN ONE SPOT LOL"

Edit: Updated a little to include zombies and weapon finding.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Awsoeme. But one more question. Can we control a human and a zombie cause bieng one zombie would be kinda boring ya know?
electro wrote:
Its a pretty good idea. It would be pretty cool if we could be zombies or control certain packs of them. Either way it seems cool but will you be able to find weapons? Is there a map we can look at?

Kittenpuncher wrote:
Sorry, my ninja powers aren't for rent.

electro wrote:
WHAT? Why not?
Kittenpuncher wrote:
You'd get killed with them anyway.
electro wrote:
You're probably right. But I don't care! Im going to get those ninja powers somehow!
Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:
You can share my fire powers (if you want) so you can become THE FLAMIN NINJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
electro wrote:
Well, prefferably id get electrical powers but......
THAT SOUNDS GROOVY!

Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:54 pm

iamhappy! wrote:
I'm guessing it would be a wait for a reply kind of deal, since otherwise there would be people contradicting each other left and right. I was planning on making some characters to support the plot and move it along. Though that might be kinda annoying for some people, so I've been wondering if it would be better to just let people just wing it. What do you think?Depends on who's in it. In this case, because of so many newcomers to RPing, we will need to moderate actions. God knows how many autohits there have been in the past week. *shudder*

And to electro, I've been thinking about controlling zombies, I'm planning on weapon finding, but it would be rather limited since I don't want people going:
"OMG I FOND 30 WEPONS IN ONE SPOT LOL"

Edit: Updated a little to include zombies and weapon finding.

electro wrote:
Awsoeme. But one more question. Can we control a human and a zombie cause bieng one zombie would be kinda boring ya know? I'm pretty sure you can. Many RPs permit one person to use, say two alternate characters. It's up to... uh.. "iamhappy", but blargh.
electro wrote:

Helpful(?) Comments in Bold.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:22 am

To Electro: Yes, you can control a both human and a zombie. You can also have your human die and turn into a zombie if your sick of being a human. Though there won't be controlling groups of zombies, because that just might get annoying and confusing, not to mention it would be easy material to god-mod with.
To ConquestStreak: Thanks for the info, but wouldn't that mean that if there were some good RPers then just one or two noobs could ruin the whole experience of it?

Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:49 pm

Absolutely ruin it. Take a look at one of the RPs in RBP, then take a look at one in RPG. As long as there's someone to drag the RP downwards, it will probably fail.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Eh, I'll take my chances. An RP this mediocre probably wouldn't be much of a loss if someone ruins it.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:39 pm
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next