The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 8:20 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26  Next
Fire Emblem Fates 

MGN Username: Shaske
Currently Playing: smesh tri dee essu
My cousin's getting Birthright so I don't need to get it later. Even if I found an alternative to this wallet slaughter I still find this ridiculous. Adding that to the fact that they reused some characters from awakening I'm trying not to hate that company too much.

Actually, I'm hoping they get bad review for this s*** so that they never do it again.

Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:54 am

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
I'm secretly hoping they start making more games for Fe's sister games that they don't work on anymore (Advance Wars)

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:59 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
I would maybe by the special edition, but if they do this again, I'm not buying another FE game.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:21 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
Well, that "gay conversion" scene has been officially removed from the Western release.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:59 am

What is wrong with NoA
Nintendo has the worst localization team I've ever seen in my entire 21 years of living in this damn planet

Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:59 am

You should probably look further, then. Nintendo's localisations are pretty f*** awful, yeah, but they haven't ever added game breaking (and console overheating) bugs when localising like NIS America have before.

But yeah, it's Nintendo. What did we expect? The actual content the developers wrote and put in the game?

Be quiet and enjoy your hamburgers

Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:28 am

But I wanted pickles with it and they removed it... oh well, as long as it's not ground breaking game adjustment.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:50 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Quote:
One of the female characters, Soleil, is attracted to women, and often gets flustered and weak in the knees when she's around them. She often fears that she can't be a "strong and cool woman" because of this. Later in the support conversations if you pair her up with the male protagonist, he spikes her drink with a "magic powder" that makes her see women as men and vice-versa to help her "practice" around women. This was done without her knowing, as she fails to recognize the protagonist at the start of the conversation. Once the magic wore off, she found herself attracted to the male protagonist, and ends up proposing to him, saying that she fell in love with the female version of him, but now loves him as a male.

Source

Look I'm very heavily anti-censorship, but if that's accurate it's a little f*** up to be honest

I totally understand them taking that out & I can't really pretend I totally disagree with it

Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:40 am

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
ok no yeah that needed to be changed because that's pretty awful

edit after some thinking:
like you guys i'm highly against censorship. but this would bring about a lot of issues in America. better to just change it and than leave it and deal with possibly bigger backlash especially with our ESRB. when i went around looking this up more i saw some comments saying why not make the game rated M and i just shook my head. the scene tbh isn't even that big a deal that it needs this much controversy.

it's not like it is the most important part of the game it's not like they said they removed the ability to marry her they just changed how you go about it. which we have no idea how it is but hopefully it's better than the Japanese one. people act like this ruined the whole f*** game.

I AM APPLE

Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:44 pm

Currently Playing: Street Fighter 5 Fighter ID: NDT_Mighty. PM me to fight.
With something like that it's perfectly fine that they'd want to change it, as support conversations aren't as big of a deal as most people would like to think. That's something you can't directly translate over and expect it to be accepted the same way it is in the original region. It doesn't ruin the game in any way, it's just a different method of getting the same result.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:59 pm

I didn't got interested in Fire Emblem for the booties and waifu in the first place so as long as they don't touch the gameplay and replay value I'm still going to buy it.

What's going to piss me off is if they can actually put the 3 games in a single cartridge for the special Edition.
Money.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:18 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
Shaske wrote:
I didn't got interested in Fire Emblem for the booties and waifu in the first place so as long as they don't touch the gameplay

they should touch the gameplay though. make it so i can't play with my eyes closed, maybe

Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:28 pm

psst protip that writeup is extremely biased and is probably based on that s*** translation a tumblr crybag did

http://nichegamer.com/2015/07/the-story ... onversion/

it never, ever comes across as "gay conversion" or anything like that. the whole "controversy" is completely and utterly f*** retarded

please people, learn to do some research before going "NO THAT'S TOTALLY f*** UP BECAUSE THEY TOLD ME IT WAS, I'M GLAD THEY REMOVED IT"

Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:41 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Japan: a place filled with magic powder that makes gay people straight

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:51 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
kb wrote:
please people, learn to do some research
calm down there buddy, that is literally what I did above

that translation definitely makes it seem less bad, although I was mostly concerned about the "drugging" in the first place

it's still f*** weird though. they play it off in the dialog but he does actually spike her drink and corrin that is not ok what the f***

there's also the fact that this conversation clearly only exists because they didn't want to lock you out of marrying a lesbian character, which is a bit stupid as well

anyway, i guess this is all dependent on what they change it to in the translation. to be honest, locking you out of marrying the character and removing the reference to putting magic powder in her drink (seriously what the f***) are both fine-ish (as fine as changing the original vision can be). Worst case scenario they make the character straight, but I don't think they'd go in that direction

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 pm
 [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26  Next