The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:51 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
[MP] Devil May Cry 
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Ramsey wrote:
ITS A REBOOT

Same thing with tomb raider 2013! It's a different take on the game. Same character in essence, looks a lot different, but it's a tomb raider game. At least they kept the gameplay the same/incredibly similar. You aren't supposed to compare a reboot to previous versions of the game. It defeats the purpose.

So what, if a reboot sucks it's okay because it's a reboot?

It goes by the name "Devil May Cry"; comparing it to DMC is more than fair. And when the reboot replaces the protagonist with an unlikable douchebag, changes the story to something you'd read on DeviantArt and tosses in 2deep4u political s***, it earns our hatred.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Location: In a big white room with some nice big men in nice white coats.
Currently Playing: Persona 3:FES and Bayonetta
Ramsey wrote:
ITS A REBOOT

Same thing with tomb raider 2013! It's a different take on the game. Same character in essence, looks a lot different, but it's a tomb raider game. At least they kept the gameplay the same/incredibly similar. You aren't supposed to compare a reboot to previous versions of the game. It defeats the purpose.

That doesn't make the game any better. Why reboot it in the first place? Why not continue witht he way things were? I didn't see anyone complaining before. And even worse, why hand it over to Ninja Theory of all people?

Michael M wrote:
Quote:
Capcom's first-ever Gamescom press conference got off to a good start as Devil May Cry's producer Alex Jones confirmed that Ninja Theory's DmC reboot will prominently feature at least one character from Devil May Cry games past: Vergil, Dante's twin brother.
He looks like a slightly older, blonder (or grey-haired?) Dante, and in this game he's the head of the Order, a sci-fi demon-fighting organisation. They've been estranged since they were children, but Vergil recruits Dante to the cause during the game.

Capcom also showed off a brand new gravity-bending section of gameplay, showing Dante confronting a demon who secretly controls the world news agenda as the world bends and shifts around him. (In DmC, the demons are a pernicious controlling influence a lot of our world media - here, Dante was running through a pastiche of a certain notorious North American television news outlet.)

Vergil (image is large so I put it in a link)
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg ... s-copy.jpg

DmC Vergil trailer
YouTube Video:

And now they completely ruin Vergil as well.

I understand that it's a reboot, but that doesn't mean I have to like what they've done to the characters. Vergil actually trying to save humanity and dissuading Dante from endangering it? What?! Vergil couldn't care less about humanity, and his goal was to rule the underworld not fight it!

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" - Some guy who's probably dead.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:43 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Well then okay, if you genuinely don't like the game then you don't have to post about it. Simple as that.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Location: In a big white room with some nice big men in nice white coats.
Currently Playing: Persona 3:FES and Bayonetta
Ramsey wrote:
Well then okay, if you genuinely don't like the game then you don't have to post about it. Simple as that.

This topic is for discussing the game, not blindly praising it. As far as I'm aware there's no rule against me voicing my displeasure with the game as long as I'm not trolling.

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" - Some guy who's probably dead.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Changing a character's personality is one of the best ways to lose the fanbase, just sayin...

Appearance is another, though sometimes it can work out well.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:06 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
I'm curious to see how they changed Dante and how his personality works out. I don't like what they did to Vergil though.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:09 pm
YIM

drako691 wrote:
Ramsey wrote:

This topic is for discussing the game, not blindly praising it. As far as I'm aware there's no rule against me voicing my displeasure with the game as long as I'm not trolling.

This. Your logic is like saying Tid shouldn't post in the SSB4 thread if Ridley got confirmed as playable even though he has legitimate reason why that's a bad idea.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:08 pm

drako691 wrote:
That doesn't make the game any better. Why reboot it in the first place?

Speaking of which...

Everyone remember that swear of vengence Mundus made to Dante at the end of the first game? Swearing of his return?
You know, by Mundus, the DEVIL THE TITLE IS REFERRING TO
SPARDA'S MORTAL ENEMY
THE GUY WHO RUINED DANTE'S LIFE
The one who is STILL ALIVE

Isn't it just so great that after THREE new games we're just moving onto a reboot instead of giving that anymore attention?
ISN'T IT?

EDIT-
WOAH WOAH WOAH WAIT A SECOND
Everyone forget how screwed Vergil is at this point... This... This is just... No. No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No NO
http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Mundus_%28DmC%29

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:30 pm

You know, I completely forgot about that. Justified rage is justified.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:14 am

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/24/dmc-dev ... at-vergil/
This interview is quite interesting

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:44 pm

Quote:
Tameem is so good at taking feedback and incorporating it into the game. But nah, it has just been great.

No he's not. It's laughable how they say this after he's blatantly bashed the fans for saying he's going in the wrong direction and making actual explainations towards why, and then instead does his own thing.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:55 pm

Well, everything about the reboot has been leaked at this point, here are my thoughts

Gameplay, environments, combat, it's all damn impressive. I'll admit it, this is a fine looking and appearing to be fine controlling game, and frankly a lot of imagination probably went into that. I give credit where credit is do.

... That said everything else looks like a complete mess. Every "reimagined" character is an insult to their original series counterpart and the whole thing just feels like Michael Bay's Transformers. The original series, especially the first game, had a certain Gothic dignity to it. Sure, Dante could act like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle in a lot of scenes, but he was still charismatic and contrasted well with the Ye Olde Daemons of the old game, who were larger than life, yes, but also commended a certain respect. In this reboot, I seriously think you could switch around about anyone's dialogue (Except maybe Vergil's) and get the same thing. Everything between Dante and these demons is lame "f*** YOU" "NO, f*** YOU" "NO YOU f*** f***, f*** YOU!". Just lacing your game with profanity and gross out stuff (I liked the Slurm Queen better back in Futurama) does not a better game make.

Frankly, I still think Mundus got the worst treatment of anyone in all of this. The very Devil that the series was originally named after is reduced to a lame, trash talking Kingpin rip off pimp. The simple fact is, in the original Devil May Cry, Mundus was built up like mad. Giant statues of him graced the halls of his castle, he killed his own servants with his glare alone, you was revealed to have corrupted your brother and when you finally face him, he sits as a godlike marble juggernaut in a throne room more fit for Heaven than Hell. And yet here he is barely recognizable. You could have given this a****** any name you wanted, I'd never have believed he was Mundus if you didn't put it in the game.

The ending is already showing up on people's worst endings ever list. To keep that spoiler free, let's just say massively disappointing fights and a severely out of character move that only further cements Ninja Theory not only didn't put out a good game, but didn't seem to have any f*** idea what they wanted to do with it.

Oh yes, and to go along with that last point, do watch the ending if you don't plan to buy the game. After all the giant middle fingers Tameem threw at fans of the classic series, it's utterly f*** hilarious.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Ziku wrote:
Gameplay, environments, combat, it's all damn impressive. I'll admit it, this is a fine looking and appearing to be fine controlling game

ahahahaha f*** no

some of the environments look pretty neat but

the combat is f*** terrible

i'm not going to even bother going into depth because it's a waste of time but to make it short:

being able to mash a button and get an SSS rank for it is not good gameplay at all and is even more insulting to actual DMC fans that anything else in the game

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:21 pm

Kyuubit wrote:
Ziku wrote:
Gameplay, environments, combat, it's all damn impressive. I'll admit it, this is a fine looking and appearing to be fine controlling game

ahahahaha f*** no

some of the environments look pretty neat but

the combat is f*** terrible

i'm not going to even bother going into depth because it's a waste of time but to make it short:

being able to mash a button and get an SSS rank for it is not good gameplay at all and is even more insulting to actual DMC fans that anything else in the game

Yeash, even when I try to say something nice about it, it's made clear I don't have to

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
Kyuubit wrote:

They fixed that, for the record.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:31 pm
 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next