The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:05 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
Peach 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
itahoharusa wrote:
On the subject of F-airs, one thing that wasn't kept from Melee is F-air their shield into grab them in the lag that you cause from the f-air. I believe I saw someone trying to do it in the Indianapolis tourney and it failed; they instead got shield grabbed. It seems like f-air doesn't cause the shield lag that it did in Melee. Not sure if it was just a timing mistake though on the Peach player's part.

In Melee there was no landlag on her float cancelled aerials, so there is that too.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:53 pm

MGN Username: Quote
itahoharusa wrote:
On the subject of F-airs, one thing that wasn't kept from Melee is F-air their shield into grab them in the lag that you cause from the f-air. I believe I saw someone trying to do it in the Indianapolis tourney and it failed; they instead got shield grabbed. It seems like f-air doesn't cause the shield lag that it did in Melee. Not sure if it was just a timing mistake though on the Peach player's part.

I remember that. It was Tac3 vs. CAWrin in Loser's Finals. I can't remember if it was Game 1 or 2, but I distinctly remember him hitting BM's shield with f-air and getting nothing out of it. That's a very interesting thing to note. It's also another reason why I like using d-air on shield so much more than f-air.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:58 pm

MGN Username: Nstinct
Currently Playing: Smash Bros. 4 3DS, Super Smash Flash 2
Despite the update, Peach is really lacking.
1.) Lack of a proper sprite to represent her hitboxes.
2.) Lack of attack range on some attacks to equal her Melee or Brawl distances. (kind of ties into number 1)
3.) And the worst of them all is lack of turnip throw range, even with a full jump turnips can hardly go where they should. Turnips are fundamental to Peach.

The power update is a really good step in the right direction. I often battle a Peach who played both Melee and Brawl and currently plays PM Peach. He ragequit Peach after two matches and carries a chip on his shoulder against Ssf2. He'll play other characters but I can hardly get him to play, and when he does he won't even touch Peach. Can't get em to try this newer 0.9b Peach after showing my friend her because to much is lacking and even I'll admit she still feels just as awkward as she looks.

I'd say the most important changes to make are her turnips, in other smash titles those would help her when out ranged. Second would be a more accurate (and prettier) sprite, other characters can feel pretty good even with meh sprites but Peach feels very Tac'd on. (No offense and congrats Tac!) If it's a physics thing, maybe try to make turnips a faster Pk thunder with a set course. (Just throwing out ideas to help.)

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:40 pm

Agreed, although you can dash item release to throw turnips *slightly* higher and further. The horizontal turnip game is pretty non-existent, so all I use is item release or C-up really. Or just use turnips at point blank ranges which is risky. One major problem is that platforms like Battlefield will constantly destroy turnips if you try to throw them, because they go just high enough to land on the platform. Really sucks to play on that stage since it feels like you can only use turnips when you're above a platform or really off to the sides.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:57 pm

With Peach, I found this odd strategy where you you pluck a vegetable, walk up to your opponent, and then you quickly and repeatedly throw and catch the veggie while walking. You can get your opponent up to 60% or 80% damage.
Is this a valid strategy?

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:18 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Camden wrote:
I still feel like her lack of range is going to hurt her so much. While Tac's performance yesterday was impressive, I did notice that any character that has the ability to pressure hard enough can make Peach's job overly difficult.

Peach takes some skill and dedication, something I don't have towards her.

But yeah, that's what happens with short ranged characters. Least her size has decreased.
Maybe now she won't get hit by everything you throw at her :wee: tho she's still juggle bait.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Ed415 wrote:
With Peach, I found this odd strategy where you you pluck a vegetable, walk up to your opponent, and then you quickly and repeatedly throw and catch the veggie while walking. You can get your opponent up to 60% or 80% damage.
Is this a valid strategy?

Yep, it's legit. I've used it a few times on human opponents and it seems to be impossible/difficult to DI out of. However in this version it only seems to work from left to right, wasn't like that in 0.9a. Turnips always knock the opponent from left to right now, even if you throw it from the left right... this may be a bug. At 0%, the best turnip to use is the stern/lazy looking one, while at higher percents (60~90%) most of the low damage turnips work fine till like 120%+, where it isn't needed anymore.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:39 pm

MGN Username: BkClutchMaster
Currently Playing: SSF2
Peach needs a new sprite like Mario

Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Currently Playing: Melee, PM, SSF2
BkClutchMaster wrote:

I completely agree. Do you think they should start from scratch or choose another base?

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:44 pm

MGN Username: Nstinct
Currently Playing: Smash Bros. 4 3DS, Super Smash Flash 2
TheViceversa96 wrote:
BkClutchMaster wrote:

I completely agree. Do you think they should start from scratch or choose another base?

Scratch, they need a sprite that can allow her to have more accurate hitboxes and realistic sizing because the hitboxes relative to her current sprite animations feel strangely off. The GBA/DS sprite just isn't a good fit in SSF2, they need to make something

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:07 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Nstinct wrote:
TheViceversa96 wrote:
BkClutchMaster wrote:

Scratch, they need a sprite that can allow her to have more accurate hitboxes and realistic sizing because the hitboxes relative to her current sprite animations feel strangely off. The GBA/DS sprite just isn't a good fit in SSF2, they need to make something

I mean, yeah, but I like that her hitboxes are a little disjointed or a little bigger than it looks, it adds to her list of positive attributes. The large hitboxes of U-air and D-tilt are amazing!

Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:28 pm

YouTube Video:

I'm not a Peach player, but this odd glitch happened to me when playing a CPU. I have no idea how it happened, but there was a whole lot of turnip tossing and dropping. If anyone can clarify, please do. I hope this helps the devs find out what it might be.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:24 pm

I've had that happen when I use neutral B on an item as Peach. I believe it also works with Marth's counter, although I'm not 100% on that. I reported it to the devs awhile ago, but I wonder if there may be other reasons for this happening as well.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:09 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Her downsmash seems nerfed to me.. I tested it on a cpu at 50%(cause that's when downsmash auto-grinds.) and it was actually pushing the cpu UP out of the grinder!

Also like someone above me said turnips are so full of untapped potential. I use them for everything. Edgeguard, combos, spacing, pressure, you name it. Also they're so OP in that they never die. Like, you can kill DK with one turnip whilst hes in spinning kong. Ya they're perf. Like they're so crutch for peach in this game.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:51 am
YIM
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Shine! wrote:
Her downsmash seems nerfed to me.. I tested it on a cpu at 50%(cause that's when downsmash auto-grinds.) and it was actually pushing the cpu UP out of the grinder!

Also like someone above me said turnips are so full of untapped potential. I use them for everything. Edgeguard, combos, spacing, pressure, you name it. Also they're so OP in that they never die. Like, you can kill DK with one turnip whilst hes in spinning kong. Ya they're perf. Like they're so crutch for peach in this game.

You can easily DI out of Peach's dsmash if you hold up.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:34 am
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next