The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:14 pm

[ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Zelda 

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Nyaan bored so Zelda stuff

Lightning Kick changes: show
Neutral
Forward Air does 8% sour, 18% sweet. KOs at 90%.
Back Air does 8% sour, 18% sweet. KOs at 80%.
•Down Air does 7% sour, 17% sweet. KOs at low percents offstage, but at 150% on stage.

•All Kicks have a new magical look, rather than the "star circle".

The sweetspots have less freeze frames.

•The sweetspots have new on-hit effects. A yellow circle over a magic blast, Identical to Smash4.
So players don't have to rely on freeze frames or sound ques to know when they hit a Lightning Kick.

Forward Smash: show
•Forward Smash now deals up to 15% unarged. It also has a new, more fitting look. That better shows the hibox.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:28 pm
YIM
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Zelda changelist:

Buffs:

* Initial dash speed and length increased.
* Weight slightly increased.
* Jab endlag decreased.
* Ftilt angle made better to link more freely.

Nerfs:

* Fsmash endlag increased and range slightly decreased.
* Uair power and range decreased.
* Dtilt endlag increased.
* Dsmash power decreased and angle made higher.
* Nayru's Love endlag increased.
* Lightning Kicks equalized and power decreased on both.
* Usmash range decreased.
* Farore's Wind endlag greatly increased on the ground, range of hitboxes greatly reduced, priority weakened considerably.
* Bthrow slightly weakened.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:58 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Zelda changelist:

Buffs:

* Initial dash speed and length increased.
* Weight slightly increased.
* Jab endlag decreased.
* Ftilt angle made better to link more freely.

Nerfs:

* Fsmash endlag increased and range slightly decreased.
* Uair power and range decreased.
* Dtilt endlag increased.
* Dsmash power decreased and angle made higher.
* Nayru's Love endlag increased.
* Lightning Kicks equalized and power decreased on both.
* Usmash range decreased.
* Farore's Wind endlag greatly increased on the ground, range of hitboxes greatly reduced, priority weakened considerably.
* Bthrow slightly weakened.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:17 pm
YIM
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Yeah, I'm pretty ruthless.

On the other hand, if the initial dash pans out like I want it too, you'll be able to punish Marth and Lloyd!

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:45 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The initial dash is the main that's killing when in match-ups against faster character.

Back-throw kills pretty averagely. And Fsmash is way slow on whiff than its Smash versions. Making a non-guaranteed kill move that can be SDI out of even slower is very illogical. Nayru's Love is a very sub-par and gamble option both offensively and defensively. And Farore's Wind is predictable to punish in many situations.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Last edited by Z A L O on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:03 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:

On the other hand, if the initial dash pans out like I want it too, you'll be able to punish Marth and Lloyd!

It's not even ruthless, it's just the worst changelist I've ever seen.

Here's an actual changelist! Take notes TCS :luigi:
(the changelist above also applies to this one)

Stats
Zelda's Initial Dash travels farther.

Dash Attack
Travels a further distance.
This also means Zelda can't mindlessly spam Dash Attack for free damage at low percents. While keeping all the combos associated with it.

Forward Tilt
Has more range, is all around faster, and the sweetspot on her hand has lower knockback scaling. Allowing it to combo beyond low percents.
Deals less damage(12%<-14%) and has a larger sourspot on her arm that knocks opponents away and deals 10%.

Down Tilt
No longer meteor smashes. The multiple hitboxes are also one hitbox now that deals 9%.

Up Smash
Has less knockback, not killing until high percents. The hitbox also terminates earlier.
Has a slightly biggerr hitbox, and deals up to 14%.

Forward Smash
Deals up to 15% damage uncharged. Up from 13%.

Down Smash
Has less knockback, killing from the ledge at around 100%. It also deals 13%<-15%.

Nayru's Love
The multi-hits suck the opponent in. It also deals more damage. 12%<-11%
The hitboxes no longer linger.

Din's Fire
Zelda has more vertical control over the Din's Fire orb. It deals more damage the farther it has travelled. (14% max.)
Din's Fire has a lower base damage of 7%.

Faore's Wind
The reappearance hitbox has less priority and knockback. Both hitboxes also deal less damage. (5% each)
The reappearance hitbox has more hitstun and sends opponents at a better angle for followups.
There's also 14 frames of special landing lag and 7 frames when reappearing on the ground or platform.
I'm not a frame calculator but basically FW is punishable as a recovery but also doubles as an approach option.

Up Air
Has less knockback. Not KOing until 110%.

Lightning Kicks
•See my other recent post above! ^^^

Down Air
The hitbox is shifted downwards. Retaining it's combo ability but no longer hitting opponents above Zelda.

Misc.
•Zelda has more sparkles and/or better graphical effects on attacks to better see her hitboxes.

•New Teching/Ledge/Get-up roll sprites where she somersaults.
•New Get-up and Ledge Attack where she whips her legs across the ground.

umm discuss?

Last edited by Shine-chan on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:02 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:21 pm
YIM
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
Shine-chan wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Stats

Dash Attack
This also means Zelda can't mindlessly spam Dash Attack for free damage at low percents. While keeping all the combos associated with it.

Forward Tilt
Has more range, is all around faster, and the sweetspot on her hand has lower knockback scaling. Allowing it to combo beyond low percents.
Deals less damage(12%<-14%) and has a larger sourspot on her arm that knocks opponents away and deals 10%.

Down Tilt
No longer meteor smashes. The multiple hitboxes are also one hitbox now that deals 9%.

Up Smash
Has less knockback, not killing until high percents. The hitbox also terminates earlier.

Forward Smash

Down Smash
Has less knockback, killing from the ledge at around 110%. It also deals 13%<-15%.

Nayru's Love

Din's Fire
Zelda has more vertical control over the Din's Fire orb. It deals more damage the farther it has travelled. (15% max.)

Faore's Wind
The reappearance hitbox is tightened, less priority, and knockback. Both bitboxes also deal less damage. (5% each)
The reappearance hitbox has more hitstun and sends opponents at a better angle for followups.
There's also 14 frames of special landing lag and 7 frames when reappearing on the ground or platform.
I'm not a frame calculator but basically FW is punishable as a recovery but also doubles as an approach option.

Up Air

Lightning Kicks

Down Air
The hitbox is shifted downwards. Retaining it's combo ability but no longer hitting opponents above Zelda.

Misc.
•Zelda has more sparkles and/or better graphical effects on attacks to better see her hitboxes.

umm discuss?

Solid list, but I really don't think Din's Fire needs a buff. Although vertical control would nice, I think the current Din's fire already gives Zelda a good enough zoning game,

Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:13 pm

dopeness wrote:
Shine-chan wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Stats

Dash Attack

Forward Tilt

Down Tilt

Up Smash

Forward Smash

Down Smash
Has less knockback, killing from the ledge at around 110%. It also deals 13%<-15%.

Nayru's Love

Din's Fire
Zelda has more vertical control over the Din's Fire orb. It deals more damage the farther it has travelled. (15% max.)

Faore's Wind
The reappearance hitbox is tightened, less priority, and knockback. Both bitboxes also deal less damage. (5% each)

Up Air

Lightning Kicks

Down Air

Misc.

umm discuss?

Solid list, but I really don't think Din's Fire needs a buff. Although vertical control would nice, I think the current Din's fire already gives Zelda a good enough zoning game,

Thank you ^~^

I forgot to add a nerf point to Din's Fire stating the starting base damage was lowered to 7%. Zalosis pointed out that Din's Fire is very mediocre and kinda slow and very easy to dodge. So Zelda is rewarded if the opponent didn't dodge it even though it was coming from a thousand miles away.

Also ot makes sense for Din's to deal more damage over distance traveled, since thats what it does in main games.

Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:48 pm
YIM

Nerfs
-Less knock back on Dsmash.
-Less knock back on Bair.
-Give Zelda the same fair as Palutena in 4.
-Less knock back of Uair.
-Dash attack has more end lag.

Buffs
-Fair would be make quicker and good for combos since it's the same as Palutena's in 4.
-PM Din-Firel. Depends on you look at it. This can either by a nerf or buff.
"functions significantly differently. Upon releasing a fireball, instead of quickly exploding it stops and hangs in the air for several seconds before exploding, and upon making contact with a foe, it inflicts damage and sets the fireball on a trail back to Zelda, hurting opponents that it hits. In addition to these changes, the control of fireballs is massively increased. After a fireball is suspended for too long, it will explode (like the original attack) and begin traveling, possesing wide hitboxes that deal strong knockback. Using Transform will also force it to explode. It also no longer puts Zelda into free fall if used in the air."
-Smash 4 up-special.
-Smash 4 down-special, however, unlike for this move is better at killing and can be stored.
-Better air mobility.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:31 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Shine-chan wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Stats

Dash Attack

Forward Tilt

Down Tilt

Up Smash

Forward Smash

Down Smash
Has less knockback, killing from the ledge at around 100%. It also deals 13%<-15%.

Nayru's Love

Din's Fire
Zelda has more vertical control over the Din's Fire orb. It deals more damage the farther it has travelled. (14% max.)
Din's Fire has a lower base damage of 7%.

Faore's Wind
The reappearance hitbox is tightened, less priority, and knockback. Both hitboxes also deal less damage. (5% each)

Up Air

Lightning Kicks

Down Air

Misc.

umm discuss?

Nice. This pretty much makes Zelda a balanced character.

Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:00 pm

thankkk youuu ^~^

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:19 pm
YIM

Currently Playing: SSF2, PM 3.6, SSBB
Waifu: FE: Lucina
Shine-chan wrote:
Where da Zelda mains at? :cry:

8-) Another One right here! :xd:

This is what happens when C.Falcon tries to "style." Lol, whoever that was, they never gonna face another Zelda again!

SSF2 Mains:
Image Image Image Image Image

Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Been wanting to do this ever since I posted the gfycats in the tier topic. So let's really get in-depth with Zelda's frame-traps and multi-optional coverage.

Though Zelda has a very minimal combo potential, a very technical aspect she can do well to make up for this weaknesses and extend her punish game greatly are frame-traps.

-The definition of a frame-trap is "A tactic in which you use a move that seems to be punishable but is actually advantageous on block, baiting the opponent into being punished when they attempt to retaliate." [Wiki]. But the type I want to mention with Zelda are traps where, while the opponent is not in hitstun, they are in a position where no matter what they press, they are vulnerable to the next incoming attack.

-Optional coverage or Option-Select is a fundamental aspect applied to all fighting-games. It's an ambiguous course of action by the aggressor that beats multiple counter-options from the defender the at once.

Zelda on Fox: Utilt, Sour-Bair tech-trap / jab-reset, into falling Nair, Full-jump Strong-Dair, Double-jump Strong-Bair.

So Fox was Utilt'd by Zelda, DI'd away towards the platform to escape being juggled. But he doesn't tech and wasn't in hit-stun for part of that string; He actually tried both, but was unsuccessful.

Note: Frame rate in the .gif isn't exact to the 30fps the game runs at, as the footage is recorded at 31fps.

Frame 73: This is right before Fox makes contact with the ground, as well as one frame before Zelda's Bair come out.

Frame 74: Zelda's back-air is out and Fox hits the ground. It may not look like it, Zelda's back-air hitboxes is actually overlapping Fox right now.

Frame 75: Fox has been jab-resettled due to Weak-hit Bair and immediately starts his get-up animation.

Frame 83: Fox still in progress of his reset animation. I'm slowly drifting to land on the platform and follow-up.

Frame 89: Now I'm falling with Nair on to Fox as his invincible frame are done and...
Frame 90: Nair makes contact (I'm also pretty sure this is just one frame before Fox could act an option, so he probably could have shined next frame)

Nair hits a few times and puts Fox in stun slightly above the ground. I full-jump Dair to follow-up.

Frame 105: Here on the very next frame, Fox will be able to act out; with the most optimal options being:

Buffer Shine to come out on the first frame
Shine on frame 2.
Jump-squat start-up is 3 frames.
Shield blocks on frame 4.
Roll
Spot-Dodge.
Run Left or Right
Platform-Drop

These are the faster options for Fox. The bold is what my position is covering.This means with a time of about half a second after seeing me jump, the player make picked one those 8 options, with the 1/4 odds against to guess right. Any of the options that would make Dair miss, he would be in too much ending-lag to avoid me going for Dair again. Shining on frame-2 is possible, but doing it right when Zelda's leg would reach down to Fox would be tough to input accurately, so it is more like 1/8 odds. Platform Drop would be the must guarantee escape from this pressure

Frame 106: What he chose was to shield, which is too slow.

Frame 107: Next frame and you can see awhile he's in the block animation, his shield is still not up yet.

Frame 108: And Lightning strikes.

And if you go on frame-by-frame from there, during the Lightning-Kick hit-lag you can see he SDI'd Up. Probably hoping to Perfect-Shield to Up-Smash.

After the Dair, drift back to position myself for the Bair finish.

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:13 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
http://gfycat.com/MelodicAbsoluteBream

Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:21 pm

I see your Ken Combo and raise you a reverse hit-box. http://gfycat.com/KnobbyShoddyGentoopenguin#

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:34 pm
 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next