The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:36 am

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Fitness and other stuff 

Currently Playing: UNIST
Okay, let's be honest, I know I'm not a very active individual. I like the stuff I do but at the same time, I want to get more fit and I also want my body to have a bit more overall strength. I would prefer that it not take TOO long. I understand that my body will probably stop growing at the age of 18 or even a bit less, so I'd like to make myself some changes before then. If anyone knows any particularly good ways to get better body work, then please say so. I always thought running was the best idea, but I'm not sure for how long.
Your opinions?

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:05 pm
YIM

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
you should get more fit; don't become a couch potato
start with a proper diet (eliminate junk food, then add in fruits and veggies to substitute)

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:08 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
There is no fast way to get fit. There's no express ticket. You just need to get up, and exercise.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Waifu: I'm married
geno are you retarded or just totally out of touch
with these new ridiculous diets you can lose a few pounds a day
my aunt is losing about four pounds each day right now

granted she's practically selling her soul but who needs a soul these days anyway

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:13 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas, Portal 2, Assassin's Creed 3, League of Legends, Gang Garrison 2, Team Fortress 2, Bioshock 2, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Limit Calories, and work out.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:23 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
If you're diet isn't an issue and you're just a couch potato, it's simple. You have to find a pattern that you can stick yourself with, and isn't too hard or too easy. Do 15 pushups every time you get changed. Go for a run once a day.
You should promise yourself to eventually make the workout more difficult, but to never ever make it easier no matter how tough it seems. If you make it easier once, then you won't be able to stop yourself making it easier again.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Tid wrote:
If you're diet isn't an issue and you're just a couch potato, it's simple. You have to find a pattern that you can stick yourself with, and isn't too hard or too easy. Do 15 pushups every time you get changed. Go for a run once a day.
You should promise yourself to eventually make the workout more difficult, but to never ever make it easier no matter how tough it seems. If you make it easier once, then you won't be able to stop yourself making it easier again.

Yeah, I suppose you're right with the run once a day. I have to admit, I can hardly run a single lap around a track (Of which around our school is about 1/4 of a mile) and I always seem to have problems breathing when I try to. I don't see my diet as too problematic, although I admittingly eat snacks semi-often. Like 1-2 a day. Or 3 depending on how lazy I seem to get. Do you have a good suggestion for a time for starters? I would say 15 minutes, but seeing as I am now, I don't think I can manage that.

@Geno
I know there's no exact way to get slim quick, but I mean a very efficient way to get my body better.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:37 pm
YIM

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
(guys hes fat lol!)
how the f*** can you not run a 1/4 of a mile
holy s***
what is wrong with you
what the hell
like seriously

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:41 pm

You do not need all these fancy machines and diets and things to get healthy! Just functioning limbs, really. (Not gorging on things full of empty calories and the like helps a lot, though.)

I jog every day, or at least as the elements allow; your route's length doesn't matter entirely too much, so long as it's not too horribly short and you don't feel near collapse afterward. The important-and, unfortunately, terribly difficult-- part is sticking with it! In my experience, you need two things for that; motive and positive reinforcement. If "I want to get fit" is not motive enough for you, aspire to greater purpose than just -being- something; yearn for the results and you'll find the method to be trivial. As for keeping motive strong, the ways are far too many and varied for me to describe. I, personally, appeal to passion; I want to be healthy for the object of my adoration, and to a lesser extent, myself. There is no driving force stronger than love!

Mind you, it'll take time no matter how you do it; indifference is key to overcoming the daunting obstacle that is "hey, this might take a while". With four years on your plate, though, you've got more than enough time to become some sort of muscle-bound beefcake. Good luck and best wishes~

e: Shut up, Kevin.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Kyzak!~ wrote:
You do not need all these fancy machines and diets and things to get healthy! Just functioning limbs, really. (Not gorging on things full of empty calories and the like helps a lot, though.)

I jog every day, or at least as the elements allow; your route's length doesn't matter entirely too much, so long as it's not too horribly short and you don't feel near collapse afterward. The important-and, unfortunately, terribly difficult-- part is sticking with it! In my experience, you need two things for that; motive and positive reinforcement. If "I want to get fit" is not motive enough for you, aspire to greater purpose than just -being- something; yearn for the results and you'll find the method to be trivial. As for keeping motive strong, the ways are far too many and varied for me to describe. I, personally, appeal to passion; I want to be healthy for the object of my adoration, and to a lesser extent, myself. There is no driving force stronger than love!

Mind you, it'll take time no matter how you do it; indifference is key to overcoming the daunting obstacle that is "hey, this might take a while". With four years on your plate, though, you've got more than enough time to become some sort of muscle-bound beefcake. Good luck and best wishes~

e: Shut up, Kevin.

hes lying to you dont do it

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:48 pm

Kebin wrote:
(guys hes fat lol!)
how the f*** can you not run a 1/4 of a mile
holy s***
what is wrong with you
what the hell
like seriously

I have extreme breathing problems. Just playing soccer for a while makes me extremely wheezy.

I'll take what you said, Kyzak, into mind. I can probably get a bit of motivation from a friend who's extremely close to me, as she always seems to be able to do so. "I want to be healthy for the object of my adoration, and to a lesser extent, myself. There is no driving force stronger than love!" is probably exactly what's on my mind.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:54 pm
YIM

Marfan's runs in my family like nobody's business, so I know very well how that can be; it makes things harder, but health is still plenty possible! It gets easier as you build stamina and get used to it, though. Mostly just hang in there!

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:10 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Lucy wrote:
Tid wrote:

Yeah, I suppose you're right with the run once a day. I have to admit, I can hardly run a single lap around a track (Of which around our school is about 1/4 of a mile) and I always seem to have problems breathing when I try to. I don't see my diet as too problematic, although I admittingly eat snacks semi-often. Like 1-2 a day. Or 3 depending on how lazy I seem to get. Do you have a good suggestion for a time for starters? I would say 15 minutes, but seeing as I am now, I don't think I can manage that.

Click to expand thumbnail
There you are. That's for your running. That'll only train certain areas though, you'll need to do other exercises. Like I said, figure out how many pushups you can do in one go without killing yourself. Push yourself to the limit. Then do that amount every time you get changed.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:12 pm

Thanks very much. I'll begin on that soon.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:36 pm
YIM

so you like this chick and you dont want to be fat for her
?

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:44 pm
 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next