The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:07 pm

[ 14 posts ] 
SSF2 Beta Stage Discussion 

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Since there isn't a stage discussion topic active I just made one. (It'll probably be empty though :blackmage: )

Recently I've started to dislike Tower of Salvation because it's way too common and I keep getting juggled endlessly while I don't juggle too often myself.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:37 am

just curious, what happened to stage shadow moses island from 9b https://imgur.com/MjF3nHz
are they gonna bring it back or it was cut entirely?

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:32 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Darlock wrote:
just curious, what happened to stage shadow moses island from 9b https://imgur.com/MjF3nHz

The missing stages from 9b, such as Shadow Moses, Skyward Voyage, and Adolph Co., are considered "down for maintenance". They'll most likely be back around when Venus Lighthouse gets here.

People wouldn't stop asking about them around when Beta first came out.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:24 pm

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
Adolph Co. indeed.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) wrote:
Darlock wrote:

The missing stages from 9b, such as Shadow Moses, Skyward Voyage, and Adolph Co., are considered "down for maintenance". They'll most likely be back around when Venus Lighthouse gets here.

Shadow Moses in particular though may or may not be re-added depending on the inclusion of Solid Snake. Adding a Metal Gear stage without him wouldn't really make any sense.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:18 pm

MGN Username: TaylorGang
Currently Playing: SSF2
Does anyone else like Clock Town? I know some people dislike it. I played alot of Majora's Mask when I was a kid and this stage takes me back and both songs that play on the stage of amazing.

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TaylorJames1234?lang=en
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/taypalacio/

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:34 pm

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
The only thing i like about clock town is the music (song of storms ftw!)

otherwise, i dont like the stage very much :sandbag:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:07 pm
YIM WWW

Sonario wrote:
Darlock wrote:

Shadow Moses in particular though may or may not be re-added depending on the inclusion of Solid Snake. Adding a Metal Gear stage without him wouldn't really make any sense.

well what about dracula's castle
there's no need for solid snake
but the stage is kinda fun and unique so

Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:00 am

Darlock wrote:
Sonario wrote:
Darlock wrote:

well what about dracula's castle
there's no need for solid snake
but the stage is kinda fun and unique so

Huh, good point. Then it's probably been disabled for maintenance or something. I hope we get a character for both Dracula's castle and Shadow Moses, the late Konami could use some reps for the stages.

Also anyone find the Giygas stage to be disappointing? I'd rather Giygas warp the stage or use his incomprehensible attacks or something instead of just a big dark field of nothingness with no lower blast lines.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:11 am
BR Member

Devil's Machine might not be finished, like a lot of the other stages. It would be cool to see some complicated stage hazard added to it, while it stays the way it is now with hazards off.

My personal fave is Final Valley, which has a simple yet interesting layout and nice aesthetic, and Wind is one of my favorite songs in the game. The only issue is that CPUs have no idea to behave on it...

Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:52 pm
BR Member

Densetsu wrote:
Devil's Machine might not be finished, like a lot of the other stages. It would be cool to see some complicated stage hazard added to it, while it stays the way it is now with hazards off.

My personal fave is Final Valley, which has a simple yet interesting layout and nice aesthetic, and Wind is one of my favorite songs in the game. The only issue is that CPUs have no idea to behave on it...

Not likely. Right now, the Hazard Switch turns the dialog on and off.

I think the stage is supposed to be atmospheric more than anything.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:39 pm

Densetsu wrote:

Not likely. Right now, the Hazard Switch turns the dialog on and off.

I think the stage is supposed to be atmospheric more than anything.

Perhaps the dialogue is supposed to include some of Giygas's attacks?

Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:48 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Yeah I also share the same sentiment about Devil's Machine, a stage that big and flat should really have some stuff happening within it
Densetsu wrote:

This but it's Palutena's Shrine

My other favorites are Jungle Hijinx and Lake of Rage coz the aesthetic and music in both of those are simply glorious. Can't wait for the Gyarados hazard in the latter
tay wrote:
Does anyone else like Clock Town? I know some people dislike it. I played alot of Majora's Mask when I was a kid and this stage takes me back and both songs that play on the stage of amazing.

I like the stage enough (though the "Black Mage" meteor hazards are a little odd, I know they're meant to represent the falling chunks of the moon but perhaps they should get a unique design of their own lol) and Cleod 9's Majora's Mask medley is still one of my favorite songs in the game. I honestly think the Song of Storms remix is only OK

Am I the only one here who actually likes Hueco Mundo? Alot of people gave its redesign flak back in the day but I actually like the haphazard design, and both tracks that play on the stage are kickass

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:36 am
BR Member

As it says in my Flash Card, my favorite stage is World Tournament, though for gameplay reasons. I loved it when it was a Brawl/PM mod and had the same hazard, so it was a nice surprise to see it pop up here.

Aesthetically speaking, my favorite is Hylian Skies. Its version of Dark World is not only my favorite song in SSF2, but one of my favorite video game tracks period. And that Mode 7 effect is always cool.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:08 pm
 [ 14 posts ]