The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:05 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
Peach 

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
it's sad
because Sora and Pikachu have better blender-grinder D-Smashes than Peach
and peach's isn't good anyway
since it's harder to hit with than one would imagine

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:41 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
TacThree wrote:
it's sad

Yeah, because crouch canceling isn't in this game.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:45 am

Yeah, it's much more consistent to just use an aerial and force a tech chase if you see a chance where you might land a d-smash. It takes about 3 aerials to reach the full damage of a d-smash, which you'll only hit if they DI down which is super unlikely because there is no crouch canceling as said by Starkiller2. Only way really is to catch them trying to land a d-tilt, but Peach's ground speed is abysmal, and you can't float into it because of the delay when you touch the ground.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:50 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
TacThree wrote:
it's sad

Idk, its not THAT bad, obviously not as good as Peach D-smash in Melee. Just use it at higher percents and if the player techs it close to you in place, float cancel N-air as a punish. At low percents, I enjoy using D-smash to turn around grab at around 30%. Its also good for edgeguarding someone recovering low trying to grab ledge or someone getting up from ledge (as long as they don't roll back)

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:31 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
I was replaying Peach and I started getting used to her changes. I was playing her exclusively on Dreamland cause I feel she has the most advantages there.

I spent 95% of the time floating on the ground or platform level. I mainly used Uair, Bair, Fair and Nair(when not in float, because I use keyboard.) I only plucked a turnip when my opponent was KOd or far away. Uair is especially useful on Dreamland for Peach as it pokes through all the platforms when floating on the ground/middle platform level. I basically just float spam her arials lol but it's pretty effective. Float let's me weave in and out of hitboxes and punish with a fair/bair and Uair lets me juggle and rack up damage. Also stay in float when using Fair, it doesn't float-cancel and has landing lag.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:09 pm
YIM

Float canceled b-airs and n-airs into grabs or dash attacks seem to be the key to comboing with Peach. Anyone else got tips for comboing? Been watching Armada videos and trying to pick stuff up, but I still can't combo as well as he does.

U-tilt seems fairly useless due to its lag and trajectory which makes it hard to follow up with. Pretty much any aerial or even an f-tilt is a better choice.

Peach doesn't have a reverse b-air unfortunately, hurts her combo game a bit.

Jabs are quite useful for stopping dash approaches and enemy combos.

D-air's last hit can be used to stage spike the opponent if they're recovering from off stage at a low angle. Great way to style an opponent :P.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:55 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
kana wrote:
Float canceled b-airs and n-airs into grabs or dash attacks seem to be the key to comboing with Peach. Anyone else got tips for comboing? Been watching Armada videos and trying to pick stuff up, but I still can't combo as well as he does.

U-tilt seems fairly useless due to its lag and trajectory which makes it hard to follow up with. Pretty much any aerial or even an f-tilt is a better choice.

D-air's last hit can be used to stage spike the opponent if they're recovering from off stage at a low angle. Great way to style an opponent :P.

It's not possible to combo with Peach like Armada in SSF2 lol.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:04 pm

kana wrote:

I don't think SSF2 Peach the way she is now won't ever be on Amarda's Peach levels. :xd:

U-tilt is definitely not useless, it's stylish and disjointed. It's a pretty fast GTFO option on aerial approaches. Have you tried F-tilt into U-tilt which kinda works. I know in 0.9A it worked.

Have you tried combining your combos with turnips?

Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:07 pm
YIM

Shine! wrote:
kana wrote:

I don't think SSF2 Peach the way she is now won't ever be on Amarda's Peach levels. :xd:

U-tilt is definitely not useless, it's stylish and disjointed. It's a pretty fast GTFO option on aerial approaches. Have you tried F-tilt into U-tilt which kinda works. I know in 0.9A it worked.

Good point on u-tilt being disjointed, forgot that it was. I think f-tilt -> u-air -> b-air/n-air is better since you end up landing more hits/damage. Or straight-up f-tilt -> n-air/b-air them onto a platform and tech chase. As of now I avoid u-tilt as a combo move, but I'll try making use of it as an anti-air.

I'm still practicing aerials while holding turnips since you need to not use the c-stick or else you'll throw a turnip. Although right now I'm trying to learn comboing without relying on turnips. I want to learn Peach's turnip-less neutral game first, and then add turnips, rather than all at once, since my Peach tech skill isn't up to par yet. Although I've tried turnip throw -> f-tilt and aerials which work to some degree since you can catch and elevate the turnip at the same time.

Which reminds me, when shielding with a turnip, Peach will perform an item release instead of a grab, which is kind of janky behavior if you ask me. I don't know if she does this in Melee as well though.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:23 pm

kana wrote:
Shine! wrote:
kana wrote:

Good point on u-tilt being disjointed, forgot that it was. I think f-tilt -> u-air -> b-air/n-air is better since you end up landing more hits/damage. Or straight-up f-tilt -> n-air/b-air them onto a platform and tech chase. As of now I avoid u-tilt as a combo move, but I'll try making use of it as an anti-air.

I'm still practicing aerials while holding turnips since you need to not use the c-stick or else you'll throw a turnip. Although right now I'm trying to learn comboing without relying on turnips. I want to learn Peach's turnip-less neutral game first, and then add turnips, rather than all at once, since my Peach tech skill isn't up to par yet. Although I've tried turnip throw -> f-tilt and aerials which work to some degree since you can catch and elevate the turnip at the same time.

Which reminds me, when shielding with a turnip, Peach will perform an item release instead of a grab, which is kind of janky behavior if you ask me. I don't know if she does this in Melee as well though.

I didn't know item drop applied under shields as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I wouldn't mind tbh if turnips were amazing but they're kinda not. :cry: so it limits Peach's OoS options even more.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:39 pm
YIM
BR Member

Shine! wrote:
kana wrote:

Wouldn't say that man, I've been dedicating myself to Peach, and I'm now doing many things that Armada does, along with new stuff that's SSF2 exclusive

For comboing, here's my guide:

Float cancel Fast Fall Nair>Dtilt>D-air (or D-smash)> multiple U-airs, a Nair, or a F-air for forward DI or a B-air for Backwards DI

Multiple float cancel FF B-airs chained together followed by a Nair offstage.

U-throw chain on some characters onto a platform. Float cancel underneath, and wait for the tech roll for a follow-up U-air chain

D-smash at early percents to turn around grab U-throw>Float Cancel Nair.

Offstage: Nair to Fair, floating backwards Nair Nair Bair (save your jump and recover with Toad)

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:39 pm

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
honestly friends, peaches NAir is single handedly the only thing that makes her viable.

Dat combo breaker....dat kill potential....dat combo potential.....dat range......dat low start lag......dat minimal cooldown after hitbox termination.... dat GC.

literally if you take her nair away..despite the properties behind all of peaches moves, recovery, and mechanics she would NOT be viable.

It's cool if you wanna act like you're mixing it up, but there is basically nothing that makes peach good ...besides NAir.

now with that established mixing up approaches wouldn't be too shabby, but at the back of your mind you must realize that NAir is peaches saving grace. lol shiiiiiiiiiit try to beat a lvl 9 fox W/O using Nair once... I bet you can't do it.. let alone a human being. lol

GM

Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:05 am
SSF2 Developer

GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
honestly friends, peaches NAir is single handedly the only thing that makes her viable.

Dat combo breaker....dat kill potential....dat combo potential.....dat range......dat low start lag......dat minimal cooldown after hitbox termination.... dat GC.

literally if you take her nair away..despite the properties behind all of peaches moves, recovery, and mechanics she would NOT be viable.

It's cool if you wanna act like you're mixing it up, but there is basically nothing that makes peach good ...besides NAir.

now with that established mixing up approaches wouldn't be too shabby, but at the back of your mind you must realize that NAir is peaches saving grace. lol shiiiiiiiiiit try to beat a lvl 9 fox W/O using Nair once... I bet you can't do it.. let alone a human being. lol

Her nair appears to have gotten bigger this demo too, and since move staling is not happening as quickly this demo its even better. I agree that it is easily her best move.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:09 am
BR Member

GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
lol shiiiiiiiiiit try to beat a lvl 9 fox W/O using Nair once... I bet you can't do it.. let alone a human being. lol

Challenge Accepted :nod:

Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:11 am

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
Sorabotics wrote:
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
lol shiiiiiiiiiit try to beat a lvl 9 fox W/O using Nair once... I bet you can't do it.. let alone a human being. lol

Challenge Accepted :nod:

lets goooooo! lol

GM

Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:35 am
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next