The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:04 pm

[ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Bomberman 

dope 8^) wrote:
just make joey main someone else and bbm is balanced.

:gameandwatch:

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:26 pm

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
yea hes kinda broken
Winner Semis
YouTube Video:

Winners Finals
YouTube Video:

GRAND FINALS
YouTube Video:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:11 am

Waifu: Yume
Bombs at the ledge are a** for Sheik :'(

Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:21 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
It's even worse for Falcon and Mario lol
Also whens BBM's bomb explosion getting a hitbox nerf

Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:33 am

ill upload the 2nd set tomorrow or not maybe
Winner Round 1
YouTube Video:

Winners Quarters
YouTube Video:

Winners Semis
YouTube Video:

Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:29 am

yea bombs at the edge are pretty broken against every character.
it forces them to recover high (assuming their character can even do that) which BBM can cover because of his broken aerial mobility.

P bomb's hitbox covers every ledge option, even "drop from ledge" if spaced right and Mid bomb covers everything except drop.
small bomb doesn't cover anything besides normal getup and maybe ledge attack for certain characters.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:11 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
WRXJoey wrote:
yea bombs at the edge are pretty broken against every character.
it forces them to recover high (assuming their character can even do that) which BBM can cover because of his broken aerial mobility.

P bomb's hitbox covers every ledge option, even "drop from ledge" if spaced right and Mid bomb covers everything except drop.
small bomb doesn't cover anything besides normal getup and maybe ledge attack for certain characters.

do bombs cover slider breaks

Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:27 pm

no

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:24 pm

In beta they will xd

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:45 pm
Site Moderator

MGN Username: GBomber465
Currently Playing: SSF2, Project M and Phoenix Wright
This is something that I want to share.
The Blast Wall: https://gfycat.com/MarvelousMajorIchneumonfly
Just a little trick with Bomb Kick's range and the bombs that, while situational, it can be a somewhat good edgeguard trick.
First, you plant a bomb (it's even better when more bombs are at the same place), then throw another bomb up. After that, do a short hop and Bomb Kick. If done correctly both the bomb(s) in the ground and the one in the air will be kicked, forming a kind of wall. It's even better when you use P-Bombs in the process due to its bigger range.

What do you guys think?

Check out my sprite gallery: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=41157

Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:12 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Too situational

Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:04 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
So, Ive been blowing up stuff more or less efficiently the last days (rather less than more), and considering everyone wanted some change to bombs, Ill give my input as well. And because only one thing is lazy, here is a poor idea for BBM cnanges in Beta.

Bombs: Bombs now can be kicked around by any move by any player. This allows both for hype combos (imagine USmash to hit both a PBomb and the opponent to detonate the PBomb for a higher up detonation or FSmash to throw it offstage for the flashy edgeguard we all want. Not counting in doubles, that would be even more insane) and for other characters to counter bomb play better. However, they have unlimited health and cannot be destroyed other than hitting them past the blastzone. Bombs also have slightly smaller hitboxes, but deal more shield damage on higher levels (A small bomb does 15% shield damage, a midsized bomb does 20% shield damage and PBomb eats just a tad more than half of a freash shield. Shield KB is also slightly higer on all stages.

New Side Special: Fake Detonate Now that every move can interact with bombs, this isnt needed anymore. I am aware that a Fake Detonate doesnt neccessarily need a special move on its own, but I couldnt think of something better to be honest. As the name implies. BBM pulls out his remote and presses the button, but the bombs do not explode. Instead, a small flag saying "BOOM!" or something like that comes out of the remote. Exactly the same frame data as Detonate, just without the blast. (Fake Detonate could also be handled by pressing Down B twice in quick succession, or make it so that bombs detonate once B is released, causing BBM to just have his finger float in place over the trigger unless you press shield to cancel (no actual shielding though). That is propably a better idea in terms of moveset design, but w/ever, I suck.)

Up B: Jetpack: The explosion on startup now deals 15% instead of 7% and does significantly more KB, making it a KO move at 110% on the edge at the outer part of the blast and or a powerful meteor effect right under the explosion. The last hit also has a bit more KB, but the small hits deal less damage overall. The move can now sweetspot the ledge on its initial and ending frames. Additionally, BBM can angle himself slightly to the left and the right during startup to make his horizontal recovery slightly less reliant of his DJ. However, it has a bit more startup now. The sound effects are also updated, making the move sound more threatening as a bonus.

Dash Attack: Either gets replaced with old Side B or gets a major boost in terms of KO power to make it useful. If it stays the same, BBM can now fall off of edges with this, causing a powerful hitbox to come flying down. Would cover some blindspots imo and would be high risk/high reward KO option.

FSmash: Has a slightly bigger hitbox and now causes an explosion (only visual) to underline its KO power. Also does more shield pushback now.

DSmash: BBM now swaps bombs depending on charge. Uncharged is as normal, halfway charged is medium sized bombs, and fully charged has PBombs exploding. The KB is adjusted to make the move an actual smash attack outside of PBombs (and to not have a double PBomb without the charging time), but the hitbox increases with each bomb type. Small -> Medium -> PBomb (doh). A single PBomb can now eat just slightly more than half of a shield and deals good shield KB, which decreases notably with less charging. However, it takes longer for high level bombs to blow up.

USmash: Now has a windbox that sucks opponents in as where the explosion "circle" begins. Also has a bigger hitbox and kills roughly 10-15% earlier.

FTilt: Can be angled (if controllers support that, which I hope) and lingers just a bit longer to make it more efficient at edgeguarding.

Nair: Has a tiny bit less cooldown, making it better at comboing (it takes just a bit too long to end to be reliable for combos imo, might be wrong doe).

Grab: The grabbox is moved more to BBMs front, giving him more range but also stopping grabs from behind. In exchange, the cooldown is increased.

FThrow: Kills 10-20% later, but now sends at a slightly lower angle. This makes it worse in general, but better on fastfallers, which tend to give BBM trouble (unless I just suck).

I am aware that this is most likely trash, but I still wanted to throw this out.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:36 am

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
no... just no

Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:58 pm
BR Member

it hurts.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:14 pm

This is just my opinion, but they should decrease BBM's bomb count down to three and make there hit boxes smaller. I'd also suggest toning down the power of the power bomb. Next I'd probably make bombs work in a similar fashion to Duck Hunt's can in Smash 4. If BBM tosses a bomb out and then someone hits it, then BBM can no longer make it auto explode with down-spec. However, the bomb will explode a short period afterwards (like, 3 or 5 seconds).

Make the hit box on Bomber Man's down smash bigger. Give dash attack more knock back and less end lag, or just keep it as it currently is, but make it a kill move (or one that comes close to doing so). Also, make forward throw and back-throw not have insane knock back, and increase BBM's grab range (just slightly).

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:22 pm
 [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next