The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:47 pm

[ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Zero Suit Samus 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss Zero Suit Samus specific game-play here.

(THICC)

Mon May 29, 2017 1:48 pm

N-Air is much wider than before and reliably combos to itself. Very spammable.

Tue May 30, 2017 8:50 am

MGN Username: ByeOrDie
When I heard she was nerf in SmashCon, I didn't believe it. Playing her now, I can definitely feel it. I hope it's just me needing to change my playstyle, or else I'm gonna have to drop her as a main.

Tue May 30, 2017 10:41 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Brawl Minus, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, Sm4sh
Waifu: the succ
Still kinda miffed at no Boost Kick. Would really help her recovery and kill power.

Wed May 31, 2017 4:47 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Boost Kick is a** and makes Zamus generic. The combos and recovery tactics that come from her whip specials make her a far more unique character.

And she still can infinite Flip-Kick in this game, so there's very few situations where you have to burn your double-jump. Essentially, if she's off stage, she can always make it back. Uair kills really well too.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed May 31, 2017 8:09 pm

MGN Username: puzzler7
Waifu: Aeris
ByeOrDie, I absolutely agree. Granted, I was never good at this game (and I'm still not), but she just seems so much slower/clunkier. It's probably just the new physics/game mechanics, but I can't play her.

Wed May 31, 2017 10:28 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
nair and up smash def make up for the teeny baby nerfs she got

Wed May 31, 2017 10:34 pm

What happened to her recovery. I can't punish people with down smash to flip kick if they stay on the ledge to long. Her recovery has no range any more. Either that or there's alot of lag when you try to jump back off stage after doing a move. Noticed it when i was doing FA with Mario.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:01 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
dsmash requires charge for flip kick combos - just a bit.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:18 am

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
I'm sorta liking ZSS.

She has cool combos and stuff, it's just her recovery reminds me off little mac LOL.

Her up b is same as luffys, but worser imo.

Is her up b like that cause you guys don't want the up air up air u b combo like in ssb4? (maybe you guys think it would be to op to have in this game?).

I honestly think her up b should be changed to something that helps her recovery better, that's just what I think (sorry if I sound like a *** saying this, but just my opinion).

Or maybe the up b should be given a lot more range to reach the ledge or something.

I have still been trying to learn ways to recovery, but if I try to flip kick to up b, it ends up making me do the flip kick hit instead of the flip kick jump into the up b :/ (of course it can like that because I press up b to early, but most the times when she's off stage, she can't recover even if you wait to try to up b after the flip kick).

Most or some of my post may sound confusing to you guys, but if I had a video to show you how hard it is to recover with ZSS, it would explain everything I mean a lot better.

Edit: Would being able to control where her up b goes make her recovery better too? Maybe leave as is?

Practicing: :yoshi:

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:28 pm

To be honest I really would like it if you guys gave her her smash 4 up B. I know it might be a bit OP but you could nerf it to have less knockback. I just really don't like her recovery as it is now. It's becoming impossible to even recover with it cause it doesn't have nearly as much length as it used to. Just please consider it.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:39 pm

If you haven't played SSF2 before, here's how you recover:
Don't lose your double jump.
Flip kick towards the stage. You can repeat this in the same direction ad infinitum. Make sure you don't start the next one too early or you will die.
If you are below the ledge, jump and immediately up-B. The sweetspot is pretty huge as long as you jump.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:55 pm

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
As :zerosuitsamus: if you double jump and try to recovery from it but you get hit, gg LUL.

Right now :zerosuitsamus: recovery is little mac tier (imo).

Practicing: :yoshi:

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:01 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
With infinite Flip-Jumps still being a thing, there's not a reason to even use your double-jump off-stage to recovery in the first place; unless you know for sure you will make it to the ledge. It might be easier to hit her now, but that has been common Zamus play logic since the Day-1 v0.9b.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:07 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
I second that.
Her Up B while not terrible still feels like a sad remnant of the Brawl days imo. Tether Recovery Up Bs are bad in general imo. Since those moves completely require you to make use of the stages' ledges, something which you'll not always have access to.
Let's compare it to ehh... Fox.
Basically, Fox's Up B it's easily the most basic of all recovery moves, literally only makes him go on a specific direction, either upwards, downwards, etc. It's extremely basic, yet does its job just fine to not be either broken or unviable. Basically this recovery allows him to travel either vertically, horizontally or diagonally, which helps extremely well when recovering, given he can travel (almost) safely to the desired direction.
Zamus' on the other hand, fails to do the most basic thing an aerial Up Special Move should do: Going. Up.
I mean, even the worst recoveries in Smash manage to do that simple thing (Ike's, Melee Kirby's, Little Mac's, DK's (vertically), etc)
Overall the mere fact that you don't gain any distance whatsoever upon using it while away from the ledge it's crippling enough of its own.
Smash 4 did specially good at keeping this method of recovery more suited for only Side Bs or ZAirs instead of taking up the Up Special slot.

So overall, even if Smash 4's Recovery for Zero Suit Samus it's totally uninspired... I'll take an uninspired AND viable move over an inspired but unviable one.

Also it goes against common sense to use Down B when trying to recover, so flip kick may work a bit for recovery, but I'll take Up Special any day.
So in a nutshell, yes, her Up Special should be changed.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:26 pm
 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next