The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
[MP] Dragonball xenoverse 

You know, I'm really hoping that Xenoverse actually innovates with its story this time around. By that, I mean having an original story. I mean, we've been playing through the anime series in these games for decades so I think it's about time they did something original story-wise. Something along the lines of what Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 did. Any OCs the new story would provide don't have to be playable and I doubt that people would even want to play as them.

I'm just tired of playing through the exact same campaign in every game in the series. I can't possibly be the only person here who feels this way. Seriously, even Call of Duty has a different story in each game's campaign. ...Or so I assume.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:09 pm

call of duty isn't based on existing material, genius

Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:10 pm

cuter anime girl wrote:
call of duty isn't based on existing material, genius

OK, bad comparison, I'll admit that. My point still stands about the campaign in DBZ fighting games having long since gotten old. Ever since Budokai 1, we've been playing through the same story again and again with each new game in the series. It's time for something new. I'm tired of playing over and over through the battles of a franchise that wrapped up almost 20 years ago! If we're not going to get that rumored series revival then it's time for the DBZ games to start innovating story-wise, God damn it!

Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:50 pm

you could always just not play them, dude

Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Currently Playing: Tekken Tag tournament 2
Honestly i wouldn't mind if we didin't get to play the orginal storymode of

DBZ i'd rather see a complete new story with Akari Toriyama being the one

who wrote the story otherwise it would be something stupid i have high hopes for this game

but again i also was excited for Ultimate Tenkachi and that turned out to be a complete Biased Game

lets hope they'll get it right this time.

Edit: Translated scans they're too big to post here so i'll give you guys the link

http://i.imgur.com/NZvuW3K.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mpRky5k.jpg

Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:06 pm

msnwashington2 wrote:
Honestly i wouldn't mind if we didin't get to play the orginal storymode of

DBZ i'd rather see a complete new story with Akari Toriyama being the one

who wrote the story otherwise it would be something stupid i have high hopes for this game

This f*** here gets it. Thank you, Washington. (It's okay if I call you Washington, right?)

Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:33 am

Waifu: You!
I quite enjoyed the alternate storylines in Tenkaichi 2 and Shin Budokai Another Road, which weren't written by Toriyama
tbh this game looks a LOT like Ultimate Tenkaichi, but instead of bad rock paper scissors things at the end of each combo, you have blast attacks.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:51 pm

THoT wrote:
I quite enjoyed the alternate storylines in Tenkaichi 2 and Shin Budokai Another Road, which weren't written by Toriyama
tbh this game looks a LOT like Ultimate Tenkaichi, but instead of bad rock paper scissors things at the end of each combo, you have blast attacks.

Are you looking at the same game footage as the rest of us, bro? Because I didn't see any quick-time events in the gameplay whereas Ultimate Tenkaichi was nothing but QTEs.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:32 pm

THoT wrote:

Please compare this

Click to expand thumbnail

to this

Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:27 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Both look like plastic

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:20 pm

THoT wrote:

Well it's still in Alpha man and to me it looks more like a mix of Budokai and Tenkachi/Raginblast which is great.
but then again i don't want to get my hopes up

also i loved the what if storylines of Tenkachi 2 and shin budokai another road with shin budokai having a storyline that could have happened
in the universe of trunks.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:37 pm

Waifu: You!
D-Block wrote:
THoT wrote:

Are you looking at the same game footage as the rest of us, bro? Because I didn't see any quick-time events in the gameplay whereas Ultimate Tenkaichi was nothing but QTEs.

Well yes Ultimate Tenkaichi was silly in that regard, I'm getting a very similar vibe from the gameplay trailer.

Don't call me bro

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:14 am

The last like 8 years of my live I've seen the same game released with slighty story alterations. This doesn't look any different.

Dragon Ball Z Sagas was pretty good and something that has so much room to expand on to make a truly great gaming experience. That's what they really should have focused on honestly.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:50 am

Hose B Jones wrote:
The last like 8 years of my live I've seen the same game released with slighty story alterations. This doesn't look any different.

Dragon Ball Z Sagas was pretty good and something that has so much room to expand on to make a truly great gaming experience. That's what they really should have focused on honestly.

YouTube Video:

Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:34 am

Hose B Jones wrote:

well let's hope this will then be the best of the dbz games released with slightly story alterations haha.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:55 am
 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next