The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:25 pm

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Pokemon: Dystopian Dimension (SIGN-UPS) 

MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Hello there, fellow RPers! Today, I am introducing to you a brand new RP! Called
POKEMON: DYSTOPIAN DIMENSION

Part 1: Click Me!

Story: show
(Story loosely based off of Sword Art Online)
It's the year 2033 in Japan and new game from Game Freak has just hit the market! Pokemon Dimensions, the new Virtual Reality MMO, is flying off shelves, along with it's "console", the New and Improved, Nintendo VR Handset: Revolution. You (the characters) buy one and start playing. It's great, the type of stuff you'd expect from Pokemon. But, over the Holocaster, comes a startling message. A game-breaking glitch makes it so that if you try to log off, you will be stuck in suspended animation. FOREVER. And taking off your headset just does the same thing. With no way to get out of the game, the only option left is to go through the game and forget all of your problems... and not go insane... or log off... or die, but you'll be just fine. Maybe we can just enjoy the game, and have a grand old time!

Settings: show
The region of Anano (based of the Japanese word for "Your home") is a region that has it all!
- Anano Plaza: The central area of Anano; where the game starts
- Throughout the region: 1 unnamed forest, many routes, a couple islands, a sea on both coasts, and the bottom of the map
- Seedly Town: A small town, with a famous stone shop; Home of the 1st gym
- Anemone City: A Urban city, known for its airport. Home of the 2nd Gym
- New Azalea: A small, garden town where many famous gardens are located; Has it's own Slowpoke Well
- Gladioli Island: An island just off the west coast of Anano; Home of the third gym

- And more! (I'll reveal them when we get that far)

Battle Characteristics: show
- Pokemon Anime Style
- All status aliments from the Pokemon games apply and work the same way. Same goes for moves that inflict the statuses.
- Levels do not apply, but be realistic (Ex. you can't have a Charizard at the very start)
- Abilities do apply
- Pokemon CAN evolve in battle
- Pokemon can have moves that they don't typically get early, but don't treat it as something overpowered (Ex. Ash's Fire-type Pokemon usual know Flamethrower as soon as he gets them)
- Battles shouldn't have constant switching.
- Items CANNOT be used in battle
- Held Items can be used in battle

General Rules: show
- All Generation 6 concepts apply
- Mega Evolution is allowed, but not at the beginning
- Since this is Pokemon, don't put in anything that's inappropriate (This includes cursing, but saying something like "So-and-so cursed under their breathe" is allowed)
- Don't be overpowered
- Don't overuse moves like Protect, Detect, or draining moves
- Don't overuse healing moves
- Sleep Clause: You may only inflict the sleep status to 1 opposing Pokemon at a time
- Don't catch Pokemon like crazy, unless it's what your character like to do

Application Rules: show
- No legendaries
- No Phione
- I would prefer for characters to be ages 10-20
- Don't be overpowered/have overpowered Pokemon
- 1 character per person

Follow the template below (and copy/paste it)-
Trainer Name:
Trainer Appearance:
Starter Pokemon (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)):
Personality:
Fun Fact:

Application Example (and the character I'm using)-
Trainer Name: Willie
Trainer Appearance: Short Brown hair, Gray and blue t-shirt, brown jean shorts, white shoes
Starter Pokemon with Moves (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)): Whismur- Stomp, Incinerate, Howl, Echoed Voice
Personality: Shy, but funny and energetic if you get to know him
Fun Fact: Actually enjoys being trapped inside the game, since he can't get used to the real world

Accepted Characters: show
DSwift - Dr. Kristoff "Kris" Tern-Ivanov
Kittenpuncher - Dyson
Kittenpuncher - Roul
Live Grenade - Oliver Reid
BlueFirebird - Ember
______THIS MARKS THE NUMBER NEEDED TO START. ALL OTHER SIGN-UPS WILL BE AFTER THE RP HAS STARTED____

This RP will start when I get about 3-4 other people

Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:

Click to expand thumbnail

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Last edited by Yoshiblaze on Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:27 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Trainer name: Dr. Kristoff "Kris" Tern-Ivanov
Appearance: Tall. Brown hair that resembles a bird's nest. Somewhat tamed by a black fedora and trenchcoat and wears a red scarf. Suit worn underneath, think something like this:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... _DP_PI.png
Starter Pokémon: Porygon.
Moves: Tri Attack, Nasty Plot, Psychic, Recover
Personality: Brusque, yet honest. Always tells the truth about what he's thinking, even if it causes offence. He possesses significant amount of programming skill (doctorate level) and, even if it's to no avail, he will try and break his way out of the game, leaving him angry when it fails. Despite this, he surprisingly enjoys the games, and generally warms to people over time.
Fun fact: Even when the situation doesn't warrant it, he feels the need to make puns. Very bad puns. Because of his doctorate in Computer Science, he often relates his puns to his subject.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:14 pm

DSwift wrote:
Trainer name: Dr. Kristoff "Kris" Tern-Ivanov
Appearance: Tall. Brown hair that resembles a bird's nest. Somewhat tamed by a black fedora and trenchcoat and wears a red scarf. Suit worn underneath, think something like this:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... _DP_PI.png
Starter Pokémon: Porygon.
Moves: Tri Attack, Nasty Plot, Psychic, Recover
Personality: Brusque, yet honest. Always tells the truth about what he's thinking, even if it causes offence. He possesses significant amount of programming skill (doctorate level) and, even if it's to no avail, he will try and break his way out of the game, leaving him angry when it fails. Despite this, he surprisingly enjoys the games, and generally warms to people over time.
Fun fact: Even when the situation doesn't warrant it, he feels the need to make puns. Very bad puns. Because of his doctorate in Computer Science, he often relates his puns to his subject.

Awesome! You're in :D

Also, I can't wait to hear those puns XD

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Can I make two characters? I can't decide between two different ideas!

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:03 am
YIM WWW

Kittenpuncher wrote:
Can I make two characters? I can't decide between two different ideas!

Sure, go for it, if you can't decide that badly... in fact, we may be able to start if you do (assuming I have everything I need to be qualified to start)

I originally had that you could have 2 characters, but took it out for some reason. Hopefully no one will be mad

Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:12 pm

Trainer Name: Dyson
Trainer Appearance: Wears a black jacket and jeans with a blue shirt underneath. Long chocolate brown hair and eyes.
Starter Pokemon (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)): Swablu which knows peck, sing, dragon pulse, and mud slap.
Personality: Definitely "One of the guys," Dyson gets along with just about anyone. Optimistic, yet cool-headed.
Fun Fact: Dyson caught a Swablu in the forest while going for a walk one day, and knowing its great potential, decided to try the Pokémon league challenge with it.

Trainer Name: Roulette (Or Roul for short)
Trainer Appearance: Black hair with a black jacket and blue jeans. Blue eyes, usually with dark eyeliner.
Starter Pokemon (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)): Eevee equipped with powerful special attacking moves such as Thunderbolt, Water Pulse, Shadow Ball, and Psychic.
Personality: A wisecracker with an air of genuine wisdom about her. Knows much about Pokémon.
Fun Fact: Gained a huge fortune from professional Pokémon battling in other regions. She collected a great number of different Pokémon, and decided to prove her worth to the legendary beasts she has always dreamed of capturing by buying a huge nature preserve for her Pokémon and coming to this new region to start anew with a lone Eevee that she raised from an egg.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:34 pm
YIM WWW

Kittenpuncher wrote:
Trainer Name: Dyson
Trainer Appearance: Wears a black jacket and jeans with a blue shirt underneath. Long chocolate brown hair and eyes.
Starter Pokemon (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)): Swablu which knows peck, sing, dragon pulse, and mud slap.
Personality: Definitely "One of the guys," Dyson gets along with just about anyone. Optimistic, yet cool-headed.
Fun Fact: Dyson caught a Swablu in the forest while going for a walk one day, and knowing its great potential, decided to try the Pokémon league challenge with it.

Trainer Name: Roulette (Or Roul for short)
Trainer Appearance: Black hair with a black jacket and blue jeans. Blue eyes, usually with dark eyeliner.
Starter Pokemon (Any first stage Pokemon (Ex. Starly, Litleo, Seedot, Pichu)): Eevee equipped with powerful special attacking moves such as Thunderbolt, Water Pulse, Shadow Ball, and Psychic.
Personality: A wisecracker with an air of genuine wisdom about her. Knows much about Pokémon.
Fun Fact: Gained a huge fortune from professional Pokémon battling in other regions. She collected a great number of different Pokémon, and decided to prove her worth to the legendary beasts she has always dreamed of capturing by buying a huge nature preserve for her Pokémon and coming to this new region to start anew with a lone Eevee that she raised from an egg.

Awesome! But a few notes:

- For Roul's Eevee, if you want it to have string moves, make sure that it can actually learn them (Shadow Ball's good tho)
- Remember that this RP takes place inside a video game, so the fun facts about Dyson and Roul are a little iffy. Still good tho, I'm sure I could incorporate that somehow into a gaming atmosphere

For now, I'll only accept Dyson, because of Eevee's moveset, but just change it a little and we'll be fine. (Ex. Maybe Return, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power, and Iron Tail?)

Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:48 pm

okay yeah. ill use that as the moveset

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:03 pm
YIM WWW

Kittenpuncher wrote:
okay yeah. ill use that as the moveset

Sweet! Now we have two options-

- Since we have 4 main characters, and Veteran RPer, and interest, we CAN start now

OR

- Wait for at least 1 more person, since we only have 3 people

DSwift, Kittenpuncher, What do you say?

Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:15 pm

i'd say we start, but leave sign-ups open

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:51 pm
YIM WWW

Trainer Name: Oliver Reid
Appearance: His face is somewhat gaunt, with frosty blue eyes glaring from their deep sockets. Blonde hair, slicked back but flared slightly at the nape. Wears a custom fitted grey suit with somewhat-too-large shoulder pads and a black bow tie.
Starter: Murkrow
Moves: Astonish, Fly, Feint Attack, Swagger
Personality: Your typical snobby rich kid. A bit of a brat and very disagreeable when things don’t go his way. Ruthless, he is not afraid to play dirty, but also has a staunch sense of pride and accepts defeat gracefully. He puts too much stock in his image and resultantly is prone to talking down to others. Occasionally, he extends past the boundaries of his vocabulary and uses words he doesn’t quite grasp the meaning of.
Fun Fact: Oliver carries a pocket watch at all times, a family heirloom. He literally doesn’t know how to read analog time, but makes a show of checking it once in a while anyway.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Live Grenade wrote:
Trainer Name: Oliver Reid
Appearance: His face is somewhat gaunt, with frosty blue eyes glaring from their deep sockets. Blonde hair, slicked back but flared slightly at the nape. Wears a custom fitted grey suit with somewhat-too-large shoulder pads and a black bow tie.
Starter: Murkrow
Moves: Astonish, Fly, Feint Attack, Swagger
Personality: Your typical snobby rich kid. A bit of a brat and very disagreeable when things don’t go his way. Ruthless, he is not afraid to play dirty, but also has a staunch sense of pride and accepts defeat gracefully. He puts too much stock in his image and resultantly is prone to talking down to others. Occasionally, he extends past the boundaries of his vocabulary and uses words he doesn’t quite grasp the meaning of.
Fun Fact: Oliver carries a pocket watch at all times, a family heirloom. He literally doesn’t know how to read analog time, but makes a show of checking it once in a while anyway.

Awesome. You're I-N in!

And that means we have 4 people! So, we can start!

Oh yeah, if you guys want to start tomorrow because of time, I'll be free at around 4 PM EST. Convert to your zone, if you guys want to start tomorrow

(Sign-ups will remain open)

Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:45 pm

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
Trainer Name: Ember
Trainer Appearance: Short Black hair, blue t-shirt, black leather jacket, khaki jeans, black shoes
Starter Pokemon with Moves: Eevee - Hidden Power, Scratch ,Tackle , and Quick Attack

Trainer Personality: He does whatever is necessary to get what he wants but not before think of a plan. He also has a large amount of determination and bravery as well as a love for competition.

Fun Fact: Actually enjoys eating, seeing natural scenery, and thrills. He also have a love for the concepts on Eeveelutions and plans to learn more about them.

Last edited by MaskedShadow on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:49 am

BlueFirebird wrote:
Trainer Name: Ember
Trainer Appearance: Short Black hair, blue t-shirt, black leather jacket, khaki jeans, black shoes
Starter Pokemon with Moves: Eevee - Hidden Power, Scratch , Bite, and Quick Attack

Trainer Personality: He does whatever is necessary to get what he wants but not before think of a plan. He does however, have his moments of selflessness, helpfulness and heroism and can be friendly. He also has a large amount of determination and bravery but also loves challenges.

Fun Fact: Actually enjoys eating, seeing natural scenery, and thrills.

Sweet! I'll accept it, but here are a couple notes:
- Eevee can't learn Scratch (maybe replace it with Tackle)
- The personality was a little weird, but that may just be a few tiny grammar mistakes that through me off

Since Eevee can evolve into 8 different Pokémon, I wonder what will happen with 2 Eevees!

Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:53 am

I HAVE POSTED PART 1 TO THE RPG SECTION

CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW

Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:31 pm
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next