The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm

[ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 38  Next
Sora 

Pokepen wrote:
Dark Villager wrote:
Pokepen wrote:
one of the sora mains in my local area (I play offline) does some similar jank where he uses the forwards flowmotion and turns it around. He told me how to do it, and so I tested it out on what you described, and it worked. :) It was actually the other way around from what you described, you start with a forwards flowmotion and then go into the upwards flowmotion This probably means there is a ton of other jank with flowmotion. I don't know exactly how to perform this, I just have the idea.

how to do:
Start forwards flowmotion and hold forwards. Have it hit the opponent. Right when Sora thrusts the sword, reset the stick to neutral (don't hold anything on the keyboard) and then hold Up. I actually don't know If you have to reset the stick to neutral on a controller because I'm too lazy to test it. I'm pretty sure you just can't be pressing both left and right at the same time.

Ah I see. Thanks for letting me know, I'll try practicing this now. :) Also I'm going to guess this Sora player you speak of is SonyBubbleMint, I've played him before when we met in the McLeod twitch chat during apex

yeah, it is SonyBubblemint. he hasn't been on the forum (or maybe even played) for months, but I'm going to try and get him to attend my offline weekly series that starts in september (it will be streamed!) which hopefully will make him more active.

also how exactly did you know who it was

I heard about your tournament series when talking to ppl and I saw your tournament post after. I saw SonyBubbleMint on the list of players with :sora: next to it and you said he's a Sora player in your local area, so I assumed it was him you were talking about :P

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:19 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Pokepen
Currently Playing: SSBM, Project M, Super Meat Boy, SSF2
Waifu: none of ur business
Dark Villager wrote:
I heard about your tournament series when talking to ppl and I saw your tournament post after. I saw SonyBubbleMint on the list of players with :sora: next to it and you said he's a Sora player in your local area, so I assumed it was him you were talking about :P

Oh, ok. who were you talking to

relevant question for Sora mains: do you think Sora is underrated?

:metaknight: :pikachu:

Twitch.tv/pokepen - I need to stream sometime

Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:22 pm

MGN Username: Titan
Currently Playing: Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles, Pokemon X/Y, SMBA4: SMB3, SSF2
Pokepen wrote:
Dark Villager wrote:

Although my opinion on the matter may be biased since I highly disregard tier lists, I think Sora is slept on and very underrated. For example, it's almost been a year since 0.9b has came out, and Z has just found some ground breaking tech. Personally, I just think we're having a hard time placing well in tournaments which seem to show players what a character can do.

Last edited by Titan on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:58 pm

Pokepen wrote:
Dark Villager wrote:

I was talking to Lunary, monte20xx, and other ppl on slack atm. As for for us Sora mains and if we think he's underrated, most of us, if not all of us think he's the worst character in the game. I personally think he has a lot of untapped potential that no one has touched on even though I think he is the worst character. I've been trying to look for new things with him and so far I've found a 0-death he can do and that forward flowmotion is better than ppl think it is, though I don't see many :sora: s use it much properly. I'll make a post on this sometime soon :P

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:41 pm

MGN Username: Gabumonkid
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Pokemon X, and others
Mr.Sprite wrote:
SkaiPrower wrote:
Flow Cancel is just aiming Flowmotion into the gorund, right? On another note, DSmash apparently cancels out Rasenshuriken. Dont take my word for it, but it seems that way.

No Flow Cancel is canceling out an input with another input while in flowmotion. For example, I could hit you with a upwards FM, but then cancel it out with a Downwards input, changing the move entirely and the trajectory it would usually send you (Upwards -> Downwards spikes btw).

i was practicing this and i learned if you double tap the direction it resets the attack. when you connect flowmotion and double tap back, you can keep your opponent on the ground. i think when you double tap up the move ends a little early but i haven't tested this enough

EDIT: it does end early, doesn't propel you as high and does less damage, however, if you do down flowmotion and reset it, it does 3% more damage. also reset forward flowmotion at the right time can do one of two things. do 5% and propels you forward and knocks the opponent upward or do a double hit with more damage (harder to hit).

sooo....im back...after so long o.o

Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:17 am
YIM

yoshikid wrote:
i was practicing this and i learned if you double tap the direction it resets the attack. when you connect flowmotion and double tap back, you can keep your opponent on the ground. i think when you double tap up the move ends a little early but i haven't tested this enough

EDIT: it does end early, doesn't propel you as high and does less damage, however, if you do down flowmotion and reset it, it does 3% more damage. also reset forward flowmotion at the right time can do one of two things. do 5% and propels you forward and knocks the opponent upward or do a double hit with more damage (harder to hit).

So these are basically flowcancels. The first is an upward flowcancel back Image, the second is an upwards flowcancel up which is a shorter upwards flowmotion, and the third is an upwards flowcancel forward which can possibly sent your opponent in the other direction.Image. You can also angle this one downwards, which is a downwards flowcancel forward as shown on the second flowmotion I do in this gif Image

Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:36 am

So one again I'm labbing with Sora and I found this.
It's a neutral flowcancel into backwards, but it sends out a forward flowmotion. There are two variations to this flowcancel, but this is just one of them. To do this variation flowcancel, as you start to use the first part of neutral flowmotion, immediately turn back. I'm not sure how to do this one instead of the other variation by random. I'll try to see if the timing is different and look for other Sora techs in general.
EDIT: I will call this neutral flowcancel forward to not confuse it with the other variation, neutral flowcancel back. This flowcancel has two variations as well. The gif above shows that it does no knockback, but this variation gives even more knockback than forward flowmotion. The difference between the three flowcancels is when you time the input for back. To do neutral flowcancel forward, you hit back as you do the first hit of neutral flowmotion to cancel it into a forward flowmotion.

Last edited by rg on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:57 pm

As I said in my last post, there are two variations to the neutral flowcancel back. The difference between them is that Sora uses forward flowmotion for one of them and backwards flowmotion for the other. I also think this is going to be very useful for Sora because it's a better alternative for the backwards flowmotion chain.
To do this you need precise timing on when you input back as you may do a neutral flowcancel forward. Attack with neutral flowmotion, as you hear the first sound of when your opponent it hit by it, immediately turn back and you cancel the second hit with backwards flowmotion.

Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:10 am

MGN Username: SickHakma
Currently Playing: Game
I love all of sora's kill options.

All 3 of them

shots

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:23 pm

Hakma wrote:

All 3 of them

shots

He does struggle killing, but I wouldn't say he only has 3 kill options :P . I've lived till 230% before against a Sora.
The struggle is real.

Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:36 pm

MGN Username: SickHakma
Currently Playing: Game
Dark Villager wrote:
Hakma wrote:

All 3 of them

shots

He does struggle killing, but I wouldn't say he only has 3 kill options :P . I've lived till 230% before against a Sora.
The struggle is real.

Although he has little kill options he can continuously gimp with little over average recovery game which gives him an edge over marth and some others + his ledge hog makes me think he was coded by the developers with a mindset of him being an off stage gimpy character.

his ground game is good too :yoshi:

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:43 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
What edgeguarding tools does Sora have? Thunder is only good for catching high recoveries off of hard reads because most characters can easily avoid it (and even if it hits it often puts the opponent in a better situation than before), most of his aerials aren't great for edgeguarding and they have low knockback, and he doesn't have the range to go super deep to edgeguard.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:23 am

MGN Username: Titan
Currently Playing: Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles, Pokemon X/Y, SMBA4: SMB3, SSF2
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
What edgeguarding tools does Sora have? Thunder is only good for catching high recoveries off of hard reads because most characters can easily avoid it (and even if it hits it often puts the opponent in a better situation than before), most of his aerials aren't great for edgeguarding and they have low knockback, and he doesn't have the range to go super deep to edgeguard.

Down smash is a surprisingly decent tool at a edge of a stage. It pops most of the cast at an angle for Sora to follow up with an aerial.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:42 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
IDK, what aerial is going to finish an opponent? They'll have 10 attempts to sweetspot the ledge before you actually kill them.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:49 am

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
IDK, what aerial is going to finish an opponent? They'll have 10 attempts to sweetspot the ledge before you actually kill them.

Actually I've played Jammy before as :sora: and when I want to edgeguard and get the kill, I fair him offstage. It usually takes off the stock or gimps him since it's Sora's strongest aerial. In other cases a strike raid cancel would be good to edgeguard, cause if your opponent has to get to the ledge, you're closing out that option with it. I say strike raid cancel because as the keyblade is at the ledge, Sora can close out other options, something you can't do with a normal strike raid. And against :fox: if he gets hit by a strike raid offstage, he'll fall to his death and that's one stock gone.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:04 am
 [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 38  Next