The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:00 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 1424 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 95  Next
The Legend of Zelda 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Since I went back five pages and couldn't find a general discussion topic, I decided to make one fresh.

After the success of OoT 3DS, don't you think it would be wise to follow up with Majora's Mask 3DS?

If you agree you can sign this petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?OpMnfall

Ninty said they'll start looking into it after 50,000 have signed. We should all sign it man.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Currently Playing: League of Legends, Killing Floor 2, Overwatch
Waifu: Cleod9
I'm not a huge fan of the zelda series but I gotta say, they are interesting games. I like majora's mask the most.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:23 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
I've always been a fan, and have played all of them, I believe besides the awkward german ones, and OoT 3D, which I'm getting soon.

Then please sign the petition!

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:28 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim
A MM remake is good in theory, but in the long run a ridiculous idea.
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a diehard Zelda fan, and Nintendo fan in general. However, after being greatly disappointed with OoT 3D (which was more of an overpriced port with high-res textures) and Star Fox 64 3D, I'd hate to see Nintendo reintroduce another classic without adding anything new to the table.

Majora's Mask, to me at least, despite its absolute brilliance, was always missing something, but I could never quite put my finger on it. Maybe it was its over-reliance on sidequests and collectibles to pad its reasonably short length, or maybe the plot was missing some key elements. Knowing Nintendo's love of quick cash grabs, it's likely that hardly any aspect of the game will be subject to improvement. With OoT3D, the big N's idea of "improvement" was nerfing the most difficult parts of the game to the point of being piss easy.

Or they could always decide to be generous and go the path of Super Mario 64 DS, which is a prime example of how to remake a game. SM64DS added 3 new playable characters, new worlds and bosses, minigames, essentially added a fresh experience to a classic game. With MM, Ninty has so much to work with that it's almost crucial that they add new major content if they want to sell. I'm sure most of you would love to see a new temple or two, maybe a brand new mask transformation.

That's just my two cents.
TL;DR, if Nintendo decide to remake it, they should add s*** and fix what's broken.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Currently Playing: None
Not really a zelda fan but I'm looking forward to skyward sword which will be my second zelda game other than spirit tracks,will buy the special limited edtion game with the wiimote.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:11 am

Currently Playing: Fable III
I suppose a MM 3DS would be alright, but I kinda agree with Whimze on most of his points. I suppose I'll sign.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:47 am

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
At first I was never interested in the Zelda games, however, when the Wii came out I, knowing Twilight Princess would be a launch title, I developed an interest in the Zelda game afterward.

BTW, shouldn't the topic title be "The Legend of Zelda General discussion"?

Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:27 pm

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
@Necrolepsy, thats your fault, you should have known what you were getting with oot3d. I knew it was not much more than a port (just with really great graphics, boss mode, and master quest) But if it didn't have any of those things I still would have gotten it. I hope project moonfall (The name of the group of people trying to convince nintendo to make majoras mask 3d) is a success. The only bad thing about it is it would delay the new original zelda 3ds title.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:03 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Skyrim
I'm not shelling out $250 for a system with literally no games just to play an enhanced port of a game I already own 2 copies of.
Honestly, I think Nintendo should continue to focus on developing an actual lineup for their system; Kid Icarus and Mario Kart are a good start. Another remake of a 64 game is completely unnecessary. If I wanted to play Majora's Mask, I'd bust out my 64 and play Majora's Mask. I don't need prettier graphics to motivate me into indulging in a masterpiece.
This is a bad analogy, but what if someone resurrected, say, Michelangelo and taught him to use Photoshop? Should people appreciate his artwork more then merely due to it being of higher quality?

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:15 pm

I really don't care about the fact that it has new graphics and such, but I think the younger kids deserve to play these classics as well - and if your unaware not everyone can get ahold of an n64 or knows what it is for that matter.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Necrolepsy [VND] wrote:
I'm not shelling out $250 for a system with literally no games just to play an enhanced port of a game I already own 2 copies of.
Honestly, I think Nintendo should continue to focus on developing an actual lineup for their system; Kid Icarus and Mario Kart are a good start. Another remake of a 64 game is completely unnecessary. If I wanted to play Majora's Mask, I'd bust out my 64 and play Majora's Mask. I don't need prettier graphics to motivate me into indulging in a masterpiece.
This is a bad analogy, but what if someone resurrected, say, Michelangelo and taught him to use Photoshop? Should people appreciate his artwork more then merely due to it being of higher quality?

Well the lineup of games coming out should be enough to convince you, if not i don't know what to tell you.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:57 pm
YIM WWW

Squid Combat wrote:
Wish You Were Here wrote:
I really don't care about the fact that it has new graphics and such, but I think the younger kids deserve to play these classics as well - and if your unaware not everyone can get ahold of an n64 or knows what it is for that matter.

Squid Combat wrote:
and don't give the s*** excuse of "it lets more people play the game!!!" because majora's mask is on the virtual console

replace "majora's mask" with "ocarina of time" and my point still stands

I'm not saying the games are any better then what they were on the n64 - i'm simply saying that it's not a waste of time because the younger people get to play it. If you're not going to play it who gives a s*** anyways, why complain about something you don't see/use or have any relation to. I think it will be wonderful seeing my younger siblings and cousins enjoy the game I did awhile back.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:23 pm

Squid Combat wrote:
and don't give the s#%$& excuse of "it lets more people play the game!!!" because majora's mask is on the virtual console

Implying everyone who owns a 3ds owns a wii.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:31 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

MGN Username: Arel
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Waifu: Jesus of Nazareth
>implying everyone doesn't have project 64

Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Hakase wrote:
>implying everyone doesn't have project 64