The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:49 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
Unable to airdodge in tumble state 

If I get launched and after the knockback wears off but im still in the tumbling state I am unable to air dodge. I have to perform another move before being able to air dodge. I am unable to give evidence as I can't record and screenshots wouldn't show much.

Anything I do is because of boredom.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:52 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
EntityNumberX wrote:
If I get launched and after the knockback wears off but im still in the tumbling state I am unable to air dodge. I have to perform another move before being able to air dodge. I am unable to give evidence as I can't record and screenshots wouldn't show much.

That is an intended feature, not a bug. The devs want you to actually DI to get out of combos and not just mash airdodge like a maniac like you can in a certain official Smash game.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:48 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
TSF|Skailler wrote:
EntityNumberX wrote:

That is an intended feature, not a bug. The devs want you to actually DI to get out of combos and not just mash airdodge like a maniac like you can in a certain official Smash game.

games

Its successor allows it too.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:53 am
YIM WWW

TSF|Skailler wrote:
EntityNumberX wrote:

Used to smash games, unsure if it was a bug or not. Better to post it just in case it was a bug.

Anything I do is because of boredom.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:05 pm

I noticed this too. I understand how this would encourage players to DI out of combos, but if a combo isn't true, then air dodging out should be an option. Without airdodging, certain kill confirms (especially ones involving up air) are way too consistent. It should be the attacker's responsibility to read air dodges, rather than the other not having the option to air dodge at all. Also, air dodging is the safest option for simply exiting the tumble state after being knocked away, but the only options available are jump and attack, both of which are punishable.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:23 pm
 [ 5 posts ]