The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:31 pm

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 43  Next
Lloyd 
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Link has better recovery, side b, bombs, dair and grabs which give him a winning chance in the MU. Link punishes Lloyd for playing defensively and can easily bait him when he tries to engage. On the other hand, once Lloyd manages to string a combo, he immediately applies a ton of pressure and gains the upper hand. The match goes both ways. Stages also play a major role in the MU as well.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:52 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Suli Hyuga wrote:
MUs that are close/debatable/grey areas:
:sora:

Please explain your reasoning behind this. Imo, Lloyd wins this one.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Mr. Bonejangles wrote:
Suli Hyuga wrote:
MUs that are close/debatable/grey areas:
:sora:

By "grey areas", I'm guessing it's an unknown MU. But I think Lloyd straight up beats Sora in every area.

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:42 pm
BR Member

Grey areas = I haven't done enough research to make a final decision

Mr. Bonejangles wrote:

Sora has a lot of tools to counter Lloyd's aggressive play e.g. Down Smash, Up Smash, Down Spec. He also has Side B chains, some pretty decent aerials, Up Spec and N Spec should he ever want to play offensively himself. However, for Sora, this MU is pretty stage dependent since on a flat stage, Lloyd already has the room he needs to create a strong lead. When playing this MU as Sora, it's a good idea to pick a stage such as BF to keep Lloyd in check.

My twitter!

Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:41 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Suli Hyuga wrote:
Grey areas = I haven't done enough research to make a final decision

Mr. Bonejangles wrote:

Sora has a lot of tools to counter Lloyd's aggressive play e.g. Down Smash, Up Smash, Down Spec. He also has Side B chains, some pretty decent aerials, Up Spec and N Spec should he ever want to play offensively himself. However, for Sora, this MU is pretty stage dependent since on a flat stage, Lloyd already has the room he needs to create a strong lead. When playing this MU as Sora, it's a good idea to pick a stage such as BF to keep Lloyd in check.

I see.

Yeah, I know, BF and YS are good stages for this. The one game I beat you with Sora, I was on BF

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:53 am

MGN Username: P12323
Currently Playing: Pokemon Showdown
ShadowMario2600 wrote:
Suli Hyuga wrote:
Lloyd MU Chart for everyone acting like a whiny b$%&#:

MUs Lloyd loses:
:donkeykong:

You're welcome, NA.

Hmmmm from what I experienced from the DK vs Lloyd matchup, Lloyd juggles DK badly but can barely kill him but DK can kill Lloyd pretty early. One grab from DK can to up tilts to up airs and potentially a kill. So I kind of think that Lloyd loses to DK.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:58 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
DK has range, but no disjoints, so approaching is difficult. Juggles for days, and it's harder to combo Lloyd than you might think due to Tiger Blade. Offstage, both get rekt. I hate the MU as DK, but maybe Lloyds have a different perspective.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:21 pm

MGN Username: P12323
Currently Playing: Pokemon Showdown
Yeah I can see why DK mains find the MU annoying. DK gets carried away with Lloyd's projectiles, aerials and down b. Once they get hit with one of those, they could get juggled a lot resulting to them most likely not being able to do much. Thanks to DK's large hurtbox, Lloyd can chain grab him easily too. Offstage, you can just simply use DK's up b to your advantage as it has a high priority and armor. You can use DK's side b to air stall too. You can also use DK's up b as an OoS to help you either knock off Lloyd or if Lloyd spot dodges or air dodges, he's going to get hit by DK's arms in the spinning animation, if Lloyd is low enough,up b can follow up to a grab to up tilts to up airs. The MU in my opinion is kind of equal.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:47 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Unless you're at high percents, up-B small hits don't link, and you can either SDI or just spam Tiger Blade and you should be able to hit DK out. Spinning Kong only has armor on the initial hitbox, so all Lloyd has to do is wait until you use the move and then hit you with dair or fair. Up-B OoS has poor range, is vulnerable at low percents if Lloyd gets trapped in the smaller hitboxes, and has poor frontward-facing coverage.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:12 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Unless you're at high percents, up-B small hits don't link, and you can either SDI or just spam Tiger Blade and you should be able to hit DK out. Spinning Kong only has armor on the initial hitbox, so all Lloyd has to do is wait until you use the move and then hit you with dair or fair. Up-B OoS has poor range, is vulnerable at low percents if Lloyd gets trapped in the smaller hitboxes, and has poor frontward-facing coverage.

I think its on frame 3 or 4 because when I was facing Infamous once, I used back air on him and hit him out of the move before the super armor happened. It also happened on a few occasions.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:23 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
DK has range, but no disjoints, so approaching is difficult. Juggles for days, and it's harder to combo Lloyd than you might think due to Tiger Blade. Offstage, both get rekt. I hate the MU as DK, but maybe Lloyds have a different perspective.

Well, personally, if I'm Lloyd and they try to edgeguard me, I prefer to use Tiger Blade into NAir, or, if I'm able, into DAir. *GET REKT BY RISING FALCON*

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:32 pm
BR Member

DK's Armour and damage in general messes up Lloyd real bad. On top of that, DK's moves have jank priority and really good range. Lloyd has barely got a chance in this MU.

My twitter!

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:03 pm
SSF2 Developer

Agreed; DK wins against Lloyd. The bit of extra range DK has over Lloyd goes a pretty long way.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:07 pm

I've played this MU with Praeto a lot. From my experience this MU is even, but it can annoying at times for both characters.

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:56 am
BR Member

If who you played in this MU matters, just know that I've probably played more DKs anyone here and the MU makes me sick to my stomach.
gg.

My twitter!

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:41 am
 [ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 43  Next