The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:52 pm

[ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 28  Next
Chibi-Robo 

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
I was just kidding :P I said that I need to play the game because the game has a good rating, and I want a good idea of what you're talking about.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:20 pm

If you perform Chibi's down-throw on Hylian Skies while it's transforming then the opponent will be sent to the blast line at the bottom of the screen. #nerfCHIBI

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:41 pm

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
Anyone think Chibi's Pummel is the fastest Pummel compared to entire roster and it's the only useful Pummel cause it actually rack up some damage?

Just imagine this: You grab your opponent at the end of the ledge facing the opposite side and you have already dealt 120% damage to your opponent. Now you want to use backthrow and throw your opponent in the blast zone but the percentage is not right (at high percentage, you can build 12-20% damage if you are fast enough). You raise the percentage to 140% and you can finally turn your B-throw into an actual kill throw. There's still a possibility that this will fail if your opponent DIs up.

Nevertheless, if your grab ends while building up damage you can always grab right away as your opponent will not be aware of this in most situations then you can transfer EVEN more damage. Boy, is this pummel not useful!

Sat May 07, 2016 8:27 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
RagingThunder wrote:
Anyone think Chibi's Pummel is the fastest Pummel compared to entire roster and it's the only useful Pummel cause it actually rack up some damage?

Just imagine this: You grab your opponent at the end of the ledge facing the opposite side and you have already dealt 120% damage to your opponent. Now you want to use backthrow and throw your opponent in the blast zone but the percentage is not right (at high percentage, you can build 12-20% damage if you are fast enough). You raise the percentage to 140% and you can finally turn your B-throw into an actual kill throw. There's still a possibility that this will fail if your opponent DIs up.

Nevertheless, if your grab ends while building up damage you can always grab right away as your opponent will not be aware of this in most situations then you can transfer EVEN more damage. Boy, is this pummel not useful!

Meta Knight. Also, I agree about the first part, pummels in this game are actually really bad.. (Ness, Mario)

Sat May 07, 2016 12:47 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Some pummels deal no damage iirc

Sat May 07, 2016 1:57 pm

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
Chibi-Robo can stage spike using his Down smash on Final Destination and Smashville. You'll have to time and place your Dsmash while not letting the electricity pillars go outside the stage.

Mon May 09, 2016 10:51 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
RagingThunder wrote:
Chibi-Robo can stage spike using his Down smash on Final Destination and Smashville. You'll have to time and place your Dsmash while not letting the electricity pillars go outside the stage.

That sounds both very hard and very effective for a surprise kill.

I know Im hella late to the party, but I still want to give a few cents regarding BETA Chibi if noone minds.

* Up B finally kills, and appears to keep its insane priority. The landing lag was incoming, but thats a trade I am very willing to take. Cant wait for Fair/Dair -> Chibi-Copter stuff from platforms. The increased speed also looks really helpful.

* FTilt apparently copied the boost from Dash Attack. Actually a good idea seeing as FTilt doesnt have that much range. If its a bit easier to combo off of it (lower KB and higher angle maybe) Im sold. Only thing I didnt catch is the question whether or not it eats shield.

* Im honestly doubtful concerning the new Up Air. Sure, its huge and seems to hit hard and you apparently also can combo into it easier than the old one, but it doesnt get me animation-wise. Right now, it "just" looks like a glorified Nair to me with the cord spin and everything. Then again, current Uair doesnt need a replacement imo, so Im kind of unsure on that one. Im going to miss the old Uair, but I suppose if the new one is easier to combo into and hits about as hard, Ill take it, even if its slightly weaker. I do hope though that it still kills early and you didnt trade the huge hitbox for too much KO power.

To get back to 0.9B Chibi, Ive been "labbing" with the Blaster once again, and Im officially in love with that move now. So amazing to force some sort of reaction from your opponent. If they decide to sit in shield and youre close, you can either grab or bait a jump to avoid the grab and punish, you can catch landings and true combo into a Smash Attack of your choice depending on where they land (USmash and FSmash work the best imo, DSmash for the stylish kill) and punish airdodges with Bair/Uair on reaction, which is huge imo and definetly makes killing a lot easier.

Another thing I wanted to talk about is RAR Bair. Does anyone use this as an approach option? I definetly dont do it enough, but it seems to be a good tool on paper. Reasonably fast, higher range than any other approach option Chibi has (minus Blaster) and easily his most powerful in terms of KO power (lest be honest Fair wont kill, and Nair takes too long for that). Am I forgetting something or is everyone besides me already using this?

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun May 29, 2016 6:23 am
BR Member

GUYS! CHIBI ROBO x PACMAN DOUBLES!

Imagine the possibilities holy s***.

Sun May 29, 2016 10:12 am

I think I'm done with competitive play for now, and so I'll start playing Chibi more again. Anyway, I wanted to discuss Chibi's down-tilt. I personally think this is one of Chibi's best moves. It's kind of similar to Roy's d-tilt in Melee. It pops opponents into the air, and opens the door to combos and mix-ups. For example, you can down-tilt opponents and then follow up with grab. However, this is percent dependent and, like I said, this is a mix-up (meaning it's not guaranteed). I'm pretty characters like Falcon use their jab to stop Chibi from grabbing (note that the start-up on Chibi's grab is pretty slow). D-tilt can also lead into F-air strings (especially against lighter opponents like Puff and Kirby). I also find it helpful for preventing short-hop N-air (or any short hop aerial for that matter) approaches (ex: Fox, Yoshi, etc...). It's also a decent edge guarding tool as it can hit opponents holding the ledge, and catch certain recoveries such as Fox's illusion and Falcon's side-spec. That's all I'll say for now.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:47 pm
BR Member

Yeh, DTilt is pretty good, although underused. The hitbox is kinda stupid (its bigger than Chibi), it pops them up nicely as you said and seems to have decent priority. DTilt -> Uair is actually one of Chibis best kill confirms on Falcon etc because you dont have to risk whiffing a grab, but it takes quite a while to actually work. Im trying to implement it more, but I havent found a situation yet where its the best option (that and Im having trouble staying motivated with Chibi atm).

Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:24 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
TSF|Skailler wrote:
Yeh, DTilt is pretty good, although underused. The hitbox is kinda stupid (its bigger than Chibi), it pops them up nicely as you said and seems to have decent priority. DTilt -> Uair is actually one of Chibis best kill confirms on Falcon etc because you dont have to risk whiffing a grab, but it takes quite a while to actually work. Im trying to implement it more, but I havent found a situation yet where its the best option (that and Im having trouble staying motivated with Chibi atm).

I am using his down tilt more.

I agree, I am not sure why they changed his up air to this one, it wasn't that needed. They should have just adjusted some of his other moves.

Let's hope he still has his grab set ups and see if his up air will connect with them.

Down air being weaker, but having more range sounds like a decent trade off.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:52 am

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Fedora2Explorer wrote:

For reference, here's what stuff Villager can pocket from PAC-MAN in Smash 4:
All the Bonus Fruit (Functions as they normally do)
Fire Hydrant (Drops down before functioning as normal)
Hydrant's Water Blast (You get the drill)
Trampoline (Retains the Color, meaning you can pocket a Red trampoline and use it to gimp or pocket a Blue one to save a life)
Power Pellet (Un-pocketing it heals you)
- - -
If Chibi can do all the same, there's gonna be a lot of stuff that Cheebo and PAC can do.
And with Trampoline's buff of being able to have a Hydrant be it's pal, that opens up more possibilities
Cheebo am become death
Destroyer of Doubles :chibirobo:
- - - - -
...I wonder.
Is Cheebo able to store Sandbag's Up B?
Because if so, that means you can have a free Bob-Omb ready to go instantly.
That could open up potential in Doubles. And also be terrifying since it's a Bob-Omb.
But I wonder if pocketing Sandbag's Up B puts him in helpless because he's too busy cowering in fear to notice that the Bob-Omb's gone, similar to Ness.
- - - - -
Chibi's definitely gonna be a lot scarier in Beta.
He found out that more than just the stage needs cleaning :chibirobo:

Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:12 am
BR Member

Bedoop wrote:
Fedora2Explorer wrote:

For reference, here's what stuff Villager can pocket from PAC-MAN in Smash 4:
All the Bonus Fruit (Functions as they normally do)
Fire Hydrant (Drops down before functioning as normal)
Hydrant's Water Blast (You get the drill)
Trampoline (Retains the Color, meaning you can pocket a Red trampoline and use it to gimp or pocket a Blue one to save a life)
Power Pellet (Un-pocketing it heals you)
- - -
If Chibi can do all the same, there's gonna be a lot of stuff that Cheebo and PAC can do.
And with Trampoline's buff of being able to have a Hydrant be it's pal, that opens up more possibilities
Cheebo am become death
Destroyer of Doubles :chibirobo:
- - - - -
...I wonder.
Is Cheebo able to store Sandbag's Up B?
Because if so, that means you can have a free Bob-Omb ready to go instantly.
That could open up potential in Doubles. And also be terrifying since it's a Bob-Omb.
But I wonder if pocketing Sandbag's Up B puts him in helpless because he's too busy cowering in fear to notice that the Bob-Omb's gone, similar to Ness.
- - - - - Pick Up only works on projectiles, not on items, so that most likely wont work.
Chibi's definitely gonna be a lot scarier in Beta.
He found out that more than just the stage needs cleaning :chibirobo:

I hope he actually is viable then. I remember people calling Chibi A Tier material back in the days, and look where he is now... At worst, this going to be Flowmotion story 2.0.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:06 pm
BR Member

The question is does the bomb actually count as an item or is it just a visual thing.

He has that capsule though.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:23 pm
BR Member

bump

So, I just had that random idea about Chibi not being represented accordingly to his potential. Granted, there isnt too much, but Ive gotten hope that he can get some places in the tier list (or even make it to B Tier). The reason I think that way is mainly because there are still many things you dont see Chibi do very often (if you see Chibi in the first place). RAR Bair is amozing fro approaches from what I got so far. Big hitbox (which means you can safely space it on shield, which is great obviously, especially for Chibi), high KB and pretty quick startup. By playing around with RAR Bair I found out that you might be able to space it on full distance and get a quick turnaround grab while the opponent still is in shieldstun (theorycrafting only, havent been able to test that further yet) or punish an OoS option with another Bair.

As we all know, Chibi has a rather poor combo game, often being unable to link more than 3 hits together. While I dont think that we missed something huge there, there still is room for improvement imo. DTilt is really good thanks to its large hitbox, Chibis hurtbox shrinking throughout the move, its speed and most notably, the angle. DTilt -> Uair is a very powerful setup for Chibi, especially in MUs where a Grab is too much of a risk to attempt. DTilt to USmash is also a thing (and is faster), but has slightly lower range than a FH Uair and also kills a bit later. Its still a solid setup however, especially on stages with low ceilings (ToS comes to mind here).

UTilt also needs a bit more development imo. I like to bash this move, but I think it may be better than I give it credit for. At low damage, it reliably combos into an USmash (or a Grab if you get a really hard read), and at higher percents, Chibi might be able to connect with a Bair/Uair, your two most potent KO moves. Im theorycrafting here again, but on paper this does sound like a good DI mixup if your opponent expects an Uair and you Bair them (and vice versa ofc). The only problem I see with this is UTilt being slow, slower than DTilt and barely outspeeding Grab by 2(?) Frames.

FTilt is another good tilt in Chibis arsenal. Idk if Im making up stuff here, but I have come to think of it as an FSmash Light of sorts. It covers decent range, does about the same amount of damage as FSmash (you will very rarely get the full 19% with FSmash, admit it), and is much safer than FSmash. Considering how often I spam FSmash in neutral for no good reason, this may appeal me a bit more than the other 2 Chibi mains, but its still safer. You can also get a potential followup with this move (Fair, Dair, Nair), but this mostly depends on poor DI from my "extensive" testing.

UThrow and DThrow are by far Chibis most utilized kill setups, and arguably his most reliable ones as well. However, the average ratio in which these two lead into a KO is still rather small. Partially due to having a get a hard read on both DI and a potential DJ, and partially because you have very little time to act out of the move to get the neccessary momentum from a dash that is required in order to get a KO. While this isnt really new Chibi tech, optimizing the use of UThrow/DThrow still is a massive factor and can heavily affect Chibis chances in a match. If you have to get three Grabs at KO percents for the actual kill (thats my average, I admit), you are at quite a disadvantage, especially if your opponent is fast and/or needs less openings to secure his KO. Again, nothing too spectacular here, but there still is need for a better followup game on DThrow/UThrow (and no, I do not mean Nair when Uair could kill).

I already said that I love the Chibi Blaster, and I still do so. But I still see it rarely used by other Chibi mains on the rare occasion I run into one. Its really good for punishing nonsweetspotted recoveries and forcing your opponent to go low when he is offstage (-> Dair/Bair), can make your opponent second guess themselves if you spam it while they hang at the ledge, is by far your best bet against anyone with a sword (and DK) and is really good at catching landings. I said that before, but it really can lead into the weirdest of things at times like a random Attack (Chibi Blaster -> USmash is your best bet at catching high approaches and landings, FSmash as a mixup sets up for edgeguards, and DSmash is your high risk/high reward KO move as usual). If you bait an airdodge and react accordingly, you are able to connect a Bair/Uair on reaction, which is simply amazing and a huge buff to really any Chibis KO game. You can even hit people out of tether recoveries with it (at least I got that on Link once), which might be a useful tool in the :zerosuitsamus: MU.

Edgeguarding is arguably Chibis biggest strength, with FSmash, Chibi Blaster and 5 airials all suited for hitting your opponent out of their recovery, adding damage and putting them in a worse spot or flat out KOing them. This is another aspect of Chibi I think that could be finetuned to be a lot more efficient. For example, runoff Bair is able to beat out any linear vertical recovery move and potentially stagespike opponents such as :bomberman: :captainfalcon: :peach: :kirby: :wario: :chibirobo: :fox: :naruto: :ness: :mario: :marth: :lloyd: or really any recovery that does not cover the opponent with a bigger hitbox than the brush slap, which are a lot. Fall off ledge -> Bair or RAR Bair while barely avoiding the ledge can also cover even more angles. Chibi Blaster is great into forcing a low recovery, which you then can capitalize on with the aforementioned Bair. Dair, Nair, but Uair and Fair (although to a lesser extent) can also be used depending on the sitation. FSmash can also put opponents in that bad spot where Bair will KO them if you want to tack on some damage first or cover a recovery slightly above the ledge or something like that. In short, I believe that Chibis offstage edgeguarding game needs to be exploited much more. Alongside with Bair (see above), Nair can also disrupt a lot of recovery moves thanks to the multihit disjoint nature the move has.

Half of this isnt really Chibi specific, but I think thats a decent list for all 3 of us Chibi mains to try and improve in in order to get better results and push Chibi further. May 20CR guide you :chibirobo:

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:28 pm
 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 28  Next