The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:38 pm

[ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 35  Next
McLeodgaming Mafia V [Devs vs Balancers] 

135 wrote:
Why would you want to be recruited, may I ask? Do you have a special win condition that you would like to abandon for a town-aligned win condition?

Maybe the pony cult can communicate with one another outside of this topic. Anyways I think that we should have a deadline for the lynch. There has been barely any activities on this topic. A deadline will either get people to post, or push us into night phase.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
135 wrote:
Why would you want to be recruited, may I ask? Do you have a special win condition that you would like to abandon for a town-aligned win condition?

I paraphrased my whole role yesterday. I have no specific win condition that is non-townie.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:41 pm
SSF2 Developer

Well, I think you just kinda said you have no active night actions.

But anyways, I think that there are probably more suspicious people than you out there. In fact, I would like to nominate a recruit.

Void.

Why? First of all, in the previous game, he had, according to himself, deduced all the roles winthiin the first day cycle. However, we see in this game that he had only given a single deduction - and incorrect at that. He also mentioned being quite certain about his deduction. Yeah, his deduction seemed logical - but there still exists the possibility he intended to subtly join/ start a band-wagon. He also only posted 2 times. And he's still alive, which means the Developers had not considered him a threat. Are they simply comforted by the fact that he got one mistake (despite how he did in deducing the roles of the last game), or do they not consider him a threat at all (and what would that, then, imply)? So yeah, I think he's really worth our attention. Recruiting him, if that means switching him over to the town side, could be of really greaat help.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:07 pm

135 wrote:

But anyways, I think that there are probably more suspicious people than you out there. In fact, I would like to nominate a recruit.

Void.

Why? First of all, in the previous game, he had, according to himself, deduced all the roles winthiin the first day cycle. However, we see in this game that he had only given a single deduction - and incorrect at that. He also mentioned being quite certain about his deduction. Yeah, his deduction seemed logical - but there still exists the possibility he intended to subtly join/ start a band-wagon. He also only posted 2 times. And he's still alive, which means the Developers had not considered him a threat. Are they simply comforted by the fact that he got one mistake (despite how he did in deducing the roles of the last game), or do they not consider him a threat at all (and what would that, then, imply)? So yeah, I think he's really worth our attention. Recruiting him, if that means switching him over to the town side, could be of really greaat help.

I see your thinking here. It makes some sense.
However, I suggest there should be more than one role claims today. Investigators? The protectors should be on any investigator and the pony-cult leader. They will probably aim for me or another townie next. As for today, we should, instead of recruiting to the pony cult, lynch. We had done a BIG mistake yesterday, so in order to get a bigger chance of winning, we have to lynch the scum, whoever they are.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:21 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Brilliant. This is fantastic for us. If Fly or Die can manage to recruit but one mafioso, then we have practically won. Their win conditions will change to what is essentially a town alignment, but they will know the identity of the other mafia. That said, the mafia will most definitely be targeting the leader of the Pony cult so that said scenario does not happen. We should definitely have one of the protective roles on Fly or Die.

Also, Genis, there isn't any point in recruiting you. You are practically a confirmed townie, so it would not make sense to use Fly or Die's ability in such a frivolous manner. Rather, he should be targeting potential scum.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:35 pm

Miss Mundy wrote:
135 wrote:

Void.

I see your thinking here. It makes some sense.
However, I suggest there should be more than one role claims today. Investigators? The protectors should be on any investigator and the pony-cult leader. They will probably aim for me or another townie next. As for today, we should, instead of recruiting to the pony cult, lynch. We had done a BIG mistake yesterday, so in order to get a bigger chance of winning, we have to lynch the scum, whoever they are.

I've noticed that too. Void was so good at telling people's alignments in the last game. Why isn't he doing that now, Or more importantly why isn't he at least trying to get some information out of people? He definitely doesn't look very good now. Yet there is no margin for mistakes we need a little more evidence then that. On a side note if FoD does manages to recruit a mafia we would have all the information we need, depending on wether or not that particular mafia isn't completely loyal to their original side. Therefore the protection role should ALWAYS be on him. Anyways we need a investigation role to come here and tell us what they found it could be helpful. Other then that I have nothing left to say at this point.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:00 am

Brikmaethor wrote:
Brilliant. This is fantastic for us. If Fly or Die can manage to recruit but one mafioso, then we have practically won. Their win conditions will change to what is essentially a town alignment, but they will know the identity of the other mafia. That said, the mafia will most definitely be targeting the leader of the Pony cult so that said scenario does not happen. We should definitely have one of the protective roles on Fly or Die.

Also, Genis, there isn't any point in recruiting you. You are practically a confirmed townie, so it would not make sense to use Fly or Die's ability in such a frivolous manner. Rather, he should be targeting potential scum.

That's a good point.
So, possible scum so far:
- Void
- Panthera Leo
- Crabby

Anyone else?

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:25 am

Currently Playing: Fable III
Last night, I attempted to recruit Void. I ended up recruiting myself. lol

Oh, BTW there's more to my role. Everything else is simply about the message the recruits get (the message have some-false-information), though.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:26 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Fly or Die wrote:
Last night, I attempted to recruit Void. I ended up recruiting myself. lol

That is... odd, to say the least. I think that we can conclude that we have a bus driver, or Void's role bounces night actions back at the people using them.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:51 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
OK... Can I have a vote count?

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:02 am

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
Miss Mundy wrote:
Shoot. We made a big mistake.
So, I guess Leo and Crabby are prime suspects now.

I would actually argue this is the opposite. Leo and I were pushing hard for a Pachino lynch. Pushing for the lynch was a risky action; a mislynch would paint us in a bad light from the PoV of the rest of the town. Although this was a risky action, I, and I'm sure I speak for Leo as well was genuinely certain Pachino was mafia based on his actions. The people that seem suspicious to me are the one's who bandwagoned and joined the vote at the end.

I'm 194. Due to unknown's fondness of the Layton series, I have an investigative ability that allows me to learn the abilities of people I investigate.

I decided to investigate TSO during the night, as he was one of the one's that bandwagoned the Pachino vote at the end; he was also a player we had almost no information on. This was the result:

Head of the Team: Each night, you may choose a dead player. The next morning, you will assume that player's abilities. This is a one-shot ability, use it wisely.

This seems very fitting for the role of a dev, in particular Cleod9. He's the "head of the team" and works on multiple parts of the project, fitting the ability TSO had.

I fairly confident we've found a dev.

Vote: TSO

My thoughts on what happened when FoD attempted to recruit Void:
Good job, mafia. Driving any possible attempts to investigate/do anything to Void was genius. The town is still uncertain as to whether he was telling the truth about his role. Combine this with the fact that Void was a heavy pusher to vote for Pachino gives Void a high probability of being lynched. This smells like the trap that almost killed me last mafia game. Nice try; the town's not going to fall for the same trick twice.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:38 pm

crabbyman66 wrote:
Miss Mundy wrote:
Shoot. We made a big mistake.
So, I guess Leo and Crabby are prime suspects now.

I would actually argue this is the opposite. Leo and I were pushing hard for a Pachino lynch. Pushing for the lynch was a risky action; a mislynch would paint us in a bad light from the PoV of the rest of the town. Although this was a risky action, I, and I'm sure I speak for Leo as well was genuinely certain Pachino was mafia based on his actions. The people that seem suspicious to me are the one's who bandwagoned and joined the vote at the end.

I'm 194. Due to unknown's fondness of the Layton series, I have an investigative ability that allows me to learn the abilities of people I investigate.

I decided to investigate TSO during the night, as he was one of the one's that bandwagoned the Pachino vote at the end; he was also a player we had almost no information on. This was the result:

Head of the Team: Each night, you may choose a dead player. The next morning, you will assume that player's abilities. This is a one-shot ability, use it wisely.

This seems very fitting for the role of a dev, in particular Cleod9. He's the "head of the team" and works on multiple parts of the project, fitting the ability TSO had.

I fairly confident we've found a dev.

Vote: TSO

My thoughts on what happened when FoD attempted to recruit Void:
Good job, mafia. Driving any possible attempts to investigate/do anything to Void was genius. The town is still uncertain as to whether he was telling the truth about his role. Combine this with the fact that Void was a heavy pusher to vote for Pachino gives Void a high probability of being lynched. This smells like the trap that almost killed me last mafia game. Nice try; the town's not going to fall for the same trick twice.

Your right he does sound like a dev, cleod9 no less. He's also been, for the most part, inactive in this game(one part where he actually did something was when he voted for pachino which is VERY suspicious.) The question is, do we lynch him? I mean we could wait until night and have FoD recruit him instead(of course with the protective role on FoD.) Then we would have everything we need. Unless cleod9 (who is probably the godfather) is unaffected by FoD abilities.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:25 pm

DP: If FoD is mafia(which I think crabby claimed) then disregard the end of my last post. We should just wait for TSO to give an explanation and then follow accordingly if FoD is a mafia.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Currently Playing: Fable III
I'm p. sure what crabby was saying was that the mafia has a driver that redirected all actions away from Void, implying Void is mafia.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
Fly or Die wrote:
I'm p. sure what crabby was saying was that the mafia has a driver that redirected all actions away from Void, implying Void is mafia.

Close. I was saying that it's highly probable that the mafia had a driver on Void so investigators wouldn't be able to confirm that he's town. He's in bad light because he pushed for Pachino's lynch and driving him prevents the town from getting any information about Void in regards to his innocence/guiltiness. I was saying that the mafia was attempting to try to pull what was done last game with me and was attempting to get the town to lynch Void, implying Void isn't mafia.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:30 pm
 [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 35  Next