The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:08 am

[ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Your SSF2 Mode Ideas (Read the OP before posting) 

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Custom moves :

A special mode where you can chance your specials into another character's specials.
(Ik it's broken, shhhh)

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:31 pm

Location: That Little Place in Your Head You Don't Know About
Final Mode: Basically ramps up the game by having characters with Final Forms start out as such while the rest of the cast gets buffed to keep up with them. Final Smashes would be triggered differently for non-Final Form characters and all items would be disabled in this mode. It would basically make it look like the whole cast is going all out in this mode to become the strongest fighter in the game.

ImageImageImage

Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:20 pm

MGN Username: riplip
In the anime, Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou moved much faster than walking speed or even sprinting speed and it did damage, right now it is so easily counterable and avoidable that it is almost a joke. Even in Bankai it is still kinda bad.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this game. I've always wanted to play Ichigo in a smash bros setting and you guys made it come true. It's awesome.

But if anybody is listening, it's for sake of story accuracy.

Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:32 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
riplip wrote:
In the anime, Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou moved much faster than walking speed or even sprinting speed and it did damage, right now it is so easily counterable and avoidable that it is almost a joke. Even in Bankai it is still kinda bad.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this game. I've always wanted to play Ichigo in a smash bros setting and you guys made it come true. It's awesome.

But if anybody is listening, it's for sake of story accuracy.

Even though this isn't the place for that, I semi-agree. v0.8's version of GT - a semichargeable attack comparable to Cloud's Blade Beam at quick release - was both more useful and more satisfying when you do manage to get a full charge in.

Story accuracy alone is not enough of a reason to sacrifice balance, though. I mean, :goku: , even during the first arc of Z, still had a power level high enough to destroy entire sections of the world if he wanted to. That wouldn't be very fun in a fighting game.

So, GT having both speed and power is not an option. You have to pick one or the other.

Like I said, though, this isn't the place for that. It's clear that you changed the "Subject" field erroneously expecting it to create a new thread, so I'm just going to say if you want to continue this conversation, do so in either the SSF2 General Discussion or the SSF2 Suggestions topics.

Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:51 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Stamina mode. You can put everyone's health from either 1 to 999 health. Also, you can put stocks or time.
In stocks, you have to uh... Take away all of the opponent's health in each stock
In time it goes down to how many times have you killed your opponent. OR if the kill count is even, who ever has done more damage wins.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:25 pm

TheRebornBowser wrote:
Stamina mode. You can put everyone's health from either 1 to 999 health. Also, you can put stocks or time.
In stocks, you have to uh... Take away all of the opponent's health in each stock
In time it goes down to how many times have you killed your opponent. OR if the kill count is even, who ever has done more damage wins.

You know, I'd like this to happen actually. It'd make STAMINA (think of Melee's announcer saying that right now) even more fun, in my opinion.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:34 pm
BR Member

Given that Project M did pretty much exactly that, with customizable HP amounts and stocks and all that, there IS precedent.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:20 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
Bump.
I was recently playing the game and watching footage of Beta and I asked myself:
Wouldn't it be neat to be able to add costumes to this game? (Costumes as in: Palette Swaps and tints and such)
Given how SSF2's new system for the costumes (not exactly "new" per sé, but you get what I mean) gives away plenty of possibilities to more and more great looking costumes.
Of course a feature like this should be restricted to offline play, and these new costumes should be unavaliable in Online Mode (or make them available for one player, while the other only sees a random costume out of the ones preset in the game)
I know I'm probably one of the only non-dev users here that cares about costumes, ut this would an otherwise fun feature for casual players. :luigi:

Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:39 am
BR Member

You mean like a set of in-game H/S/V/C/R/G/B sliders? Something like that's crossed my mind before, the question is how to put it smoothly into the UI.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:48 pm

Yeah, something like that, except with a visual cue on the character to know how he would look without having to worry that much about the numbers.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:58 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Kirb-Star wrote:
Yeah, something like that, except with a visual cue on the character to know how he would look without having to worry that much about the numbers.

Harr Turnpike wrote:
You mean like a set of in-game H/S/V/C/R/G/B sliders? Something like that's crossed my mind before, the question is how to put it smoothly into the UI.

So...
Like Rivals of Aether's Custom Colors? :chibirobo:
You got all them sliders for adjusting the colors
And you get visuals of the characters Render/Sprites on the side for visual reference as to what you're doin'
Screenshot: show

It's pretty neat :chibirobo:

Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:13 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
If that were possible, SSF2's costumes would already be on par with Crusade's.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:31 pm

Bedoop wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:

Harr Turnpike wrote:

So...
Like Rivals of Aether's Custom Colors? :chibirobo:
You got all them sliders for adjusting the colors
And you get visuals of the characters Render/Sprites on the side for visual reference as to what you're doin'
Screenshot: show

It's pretty neat :chibirobo:

Not exactly what I had in mind (using the game's hues instead of one color for each part) but this is even better.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:58 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
First Strike Mode:

Battle starts as normal but the first person to land an attack on someone instantly wins the game.

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:26 pm
BR Member

Ah, Brawl/4-style handicaps will be better for that. It'll be more satisfying to launch an opponent that has hundreds of damage points than to immediately go to the results screen.

Besides. Fox and his Blaster would win every match. He's already broken on Freeze/Egg Mode because of it.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:23 am
 [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next