The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:47 pm

[ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
The Line of War. (Full version) 

The path along the way was disregarded by Amexa, nothing could spark her interest anymore. It felt dreamlike, emotions were impossible, she didn't even know how she existed, her thoughts were spiraling down to her very first thoughts as a Nobody. Thinking of herself made a paradox within her mind, it was painful trying to get to the ultimate answer. She knows it's futile, but couldn't help trying the impossible game of figuring out a non-existent answer, there was nothing else to do.
The sight of a light that was green and yellow, she arrived at her booth. It was expected that someone would talk to her soon.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:12 pm
Site Moderator

=== Niniva ===

A great flash of what seemed to be light, but much darker than normal illumination, expanded and engulfed her non-being. She was whisked away quite quickly, traveling at tremendous speeds toward her destination. Upon arrival, the built up nausea finally hit her, causing a rush of vomit and chunky fluid to flow into her throat.

The area was barren of life except for a few disfigured, unidentifiable animals scattered about. Smoke was billowing up over the trees, apparently rooted in the clearing directly adjacent to them.

=== Ross ===

A woman was sitting across from him inside the booth. She was glaring quite intensely. "I recommend you go to your assigned station. You're not from Cerulean division." Her red eyes indicated that he had indeed chosen the wrong spot. It was also obvious that his fake emotions were not welcome among the other unfeeling candidates for disaster.

=== Amexa ===

The booth sped downward, instead of letting more people enter. Its quick jerks and tugs were utterly unpleasant, but passed in a mere moment once the ride had stopped. A portal lay before her, leading straight to her chosen spot of conflict. Going through would most likely be like stepping into a war zone.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
It was a most unfortunate situation for Ross. He had indeed picked the wrong booth, and the woman at this one was quite upset with him, he feared. Getting up to leave, he picked the false smile off his face, and moved uniformly around, as it seemed that the nobodies here didn't take his little charade very lightly. Glancing around, he noted a light of a much bluer hue, and started towards it, his palms quite sweaty. This one had better be the right one.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:39 pm

The Nobodies' ways were much more straightforward than Amexa had thought. It was obvious where this portal was leading to, but being able to do her assignment so soon was surprising. She couldn't get startled through her lack of emotions, but her eyes widened for a moment. Her throat cleared when she was ready, and hesitantly walked through the portal. Her feet moved methodically, and it was like slow-motion during the pace.
Amexa realized she was still gripping her right sleeve in that short moment, and she let go. Her dagger was revealed now, and she fitted her shroud nicely, from what she could tell.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:10 pm
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
By the time she had been transported to her destination, Niniva's right hand was covering her mouth as she hunched over slightly. Holding back the signs of having to throw up. Composing herself, she stood back straight. That'll take getting used to.. She then gazed across the area she had been placed. Barren.. void of much life..focus catching onto the billowing smoke just across the trees. Without any other leads, she could only assume that was the general direction of her objective. Her right hand dipped into her opened cloak and pulled her dagger from its stead, from her belts. Holding it underhanded at her side as she paced towards the tree's intent on making it towards the other side.

All the while, she recalled her mission statement. Aiding the enigmatic associate with subduing an alliance in the province. How many would there be? just who are the ones resisting? what're they armed with? Just then she stopped her pace, just barely into the wooded area, Turning herself halfway, towards where she had been transported to. She was to assist her ally..now where was he?

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:32 pm
Site Moderator

=== Niniva ===

The person popped in next to her. At first he held his composure, but sure enough, his hand flew to his mouth as he tried to stomach the acidic fluid filling his mouth. He swallowed quietly and began trudging toward the bushes surrounding the opposite clearing. Again, he didn't speak a word, however it was probably fro the best. This was a war, after all.

=== Ross ===

As he sat at the blue table, the two women already present both sighed exasperatedly.

"Finally." One of them said as the booth sped downward at an incredible speed. It halted just before slamming into the floor and allowed them to exit. The girls started toward the portal in front of them without speaking to Ross at all.

=== Amexa ===

Amexa stepped through the portal and flew what felt like leagues. The trip ended as quickly as it had started. She became extremely nauseous from the fast traveling, but was still able to make out her location. She was in a dark alleyway that ended to her left and opened out onto a deserted street to her right.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:05 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
===Sylvia===

The guard nodded, stepping away from the center of the path to clear the way for any wishing to pass, as he silently waited for the approaching figure. "Be careful, miss Sylva, he has a... Talent for getting under your skin."

Sora stopped a few paces from Sylvia, blinking as he crossed his arms. "Oh, it's the Keyblade fanatic!" He exclaimed, grinning roguishly. "What, you're ambushing me?" He asked as he looked around, finding it rather strange to find her in the middle of the hallway, just waiting. The boy seemed collected, just grinning as he stood before the woman. "I must warn you, I doubt my Keyblade will want to go with you." He stated, as if it was the most normal thing in the world to say so.

===Luke===

The guard remained quiet. This was not for a lack of a reply, however, but the fact that he knew they wouldn't get anywhere if he just kept replying. He nodded his feigned agreement, standing at attention as he waited for Luke to finish his discussions with the Scholar. He then gave a quick nod as he lead the man out of the room, leading him to the Gummi Hangar. "Take care, sir."

===Althea & Tekun===

There was another wave of laughter, but it soon fell silent as a gun was discharged inside the hangar, the bullet barely missing one of the mechanics, who turned very pale. "Now, now, you'd think that just because you spend entire days bathing in your own sweat without taking a bath, you wouldn't forget to be polite to a lady." The gunner murmured, standing next to one of the Gummi Ships out in the courtyard, hidden by the shadow it cast upon him. "You mentioned that you and your compatriot need a pilot, miss?" He asked, motioning for them to come closer with a wave of his hand.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:45 pm
Site Moderator

Tekun couldn't help but give a grin of satisfaction, he gave a slight laugh, a faint one. He began to approach the man who was kind enough to pilot for them.

"Let's go." He said simply the group he was with. I hope he's with us, he's a helluva shot."

They come for me...

They come through the forest...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will."

Happily married to Kiki <3

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:50 pm
Legendary Ghost

Althea
Althea sighed heavily, shutting her eyes, her tension released. Someone with charm.. she thought to herself in relief. Turning her head towards Tekun as he gave his friendly laugh. Beginning to smile herself.. coming back to her senses.. she had almost flipped out. Luckily she hadn't... she may have so much as pulled out her weapon with an intention on using it. Althea could keep calm and analytical, but such disrespect to someone of her 'stature' happened to be something she found she had little tolerance for. A throw back to her wealthy upbringing and lifestyle.

Tekun wrote:
"Let's go." He said simply the group he was with. I hope he's with us, he's a helluva shot."

Althea nodded, casually following behind him, but not before giving Kevin behind her a glance. As if ensuring he was still around. He was so quiet, it had almost seemed he wasn't even there. "Hope you're ready for this" she'd say to him firmly but retaining a friendly smile. Before then proceeding behind Tekun towards the offering pilot. A look of determination across her brow.

Niniva
She nodded her head, following behind him as he led on. reveling in the silence between them, The unequivocal stillness between two murderous sociopaths. The familiar quiet she had experienced so many times before between other colleagues and cohorts in this line of work.

Niniva kept her senses on the alert during this false peace; the gritty aroma of burning embers filling her sensitive nostrils. Each step a gentle push upon the soil, each move almost seeming calculated. She was wracked with anticipation, the obscurity of what exactly she was getting into only heightened her savage inner desire for the thrill of the hunt. She didn't show this outwardly ofcourse, still lost in the deceptive calm generated by the two of them. Her demeanor only appearing civil, whilst her inner being craved carnage. The Lucarvi can't change what's primal, no matter the manner of change that takes place through mind body and soul.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:51 am

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
An exasperated "Finally." was spoken, and before Ross could apologize, some sort of portal had opened before him. Well, at least I picked the right table. he thought optimistically, but it occurred to him that he would be transferring to a very dangerous area, and would likely be targeted by the enemy. However, there was no time to stall, he had to aid the troops all that he could. Looking up from his thoughts, he took note that the women had already passed through. Pushing off the plush seat, he walked over to the portal slowly, then rushed inside, his wand drawn.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:05 am
Site Admin

Sylvia nodded to the guard's word of caution "Got it" she replied, kicked back in her casual manner. She got up off the wall, the boy probably thought he was slick but she had no time for games, or so she felt. "Yeah I know, I know." she said as if being pestered by a mother. "The keyblade has to chose you before you can wield it or whatever. But that's not what I'm here for," she said with both her hands on her hips and staring at him. "As you...and everyone else in the universe knows, I'm looking for a keyblade. What better way to learn how to get one than to talk to someone who already has one?"

Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:07 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
===Tekun & Althea===

The man remained standing against the Gummi Ship as the mechanics went back to their business in the hangar, though one who had enough training in the trade would have noticed that some were still shaking nervously, and that it could be faintly heard from the way they worked. "As my ship is currently unable to fly, I must ask how many people I will be transporting." The gunslinger pilot stated simply. He looked up to the ship he was leaning against, before pointing to it. "Kingdom model, one pilot, three passengers."

===Sylvia===

Sora raised an eyebrow, watching the woman as he seemed to think about it for a bit. "Well..." He began, the look on his face making it clear that he was unsure of the specifics himself. "It came to me after the one who was supposed to wield it fell to the Heartless." He began the explanation he had never been asked to give. "So maybe, when a Keyblade Wielder falls, his Keyblade defaults to the nearest candidate?" It became obvious that he never really spent much time wondering the 'why' or 'how'. "Though, I heard Mickey say something about being pure at heart and body..."

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:42 am
Site Moderator

"Three passengers." Tekun said hearing the men shaking nervously. He wondered if it was because these men were afraid of this pilot or if they all were truly that skitish. He crossed his arms, eager to get out of here. Start the fight. It had been a while since he'd actually fought, but it wouldn't be too hard to get back into the swing of things.

They come for me...

They come through the forest...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will."

Happily married to Kiki <3

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:42 am

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
/Sorry, no internet for three days ;_;\

Kevin hadn't realized how quiet he'd been until he saw Althea turn around and say, "Hope you're ready for this". Acting as sort of a wake up call, he blinked and stood up straight. He nodded in response, still having nothing to say. He then heard the tall man say, "Three passengers." , and Kevin was relieved that he wasn't forgotten. He know stood there, looking around and not paying attention to what was really going on.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:35 am
Legendary Ghost

Althea

Looking to either of her compatriots. It seemed they had just few enough to get this rolling smoothly. Three passengers.. one pilot.. fits about right. "If you all are ready, I am" Althea stated, breaking the momentary silence. She herself had hardly ever been in one of these things. The times she had been, she not-so-fondly remembered the feeling on instability in her stomach. Weaving in and out with erratic and swift movements. She didn't look forward to the ride over..

Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:39 pm
 [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next