The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:59 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
what's that one game you dig but you've never seen anyone el 

se really give a s*** about it

i'd say we should check out each other's and give thoughts before the forums end but there's probably not enough time. not for me at least i'm playing ff7r lol

anywaaaaaaaay, I think Fighters Destiny is a really neat game. It's a fighting game with a points system instead of rounds, so how you beat your opponent also matters. You get a different amount based on just KOing them, throwing them, getting a ring out, time outs, etc. No idea how it is in terms of actual balance or competitive value or anything, but the concept alone makes it for me. Someone should copy the idea for a new game.

Also you can play as a clown. And a cow. Definitely give it a shot once at least if you're into fighting games

Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:06 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
That does sound pretty interesting

I like this DS game called Lost Magic. It's an action rpg/rts/hybrid thing where you have to draw symbols on the touch screen to cast magic spells. There are like 18 spells? And every combination of 2 has some different effect so there's tons of ways to experiment. You can also capture enemies and make them fight with you

I havent played it in AGES so idk if it holds up but it was a really cool little game

Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:46 pm

I've heard of it before but never actually looked into it. I think my dumbass kid brain automatically dismissed any DS game with monster capturing before Pokemon Diamond/Pearl as trying to steal its thunder. Is Spectrobes actually any good? I don't know and I don't want to find out

lost magic sounds cool though might check it out if i can find a copy. well, when i can actually go outside

Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:07 am

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
This really cool survival horror game called The Final Station IMO. The enemies are interesting to fight, the lore is engaging and unique, the gameplay is good, and the world looks so good. It's honestly one of my favorites in the genre.

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:40 am
Site Moderator

Sonic the Hedgehog 5 wrote:
I've heard of it before but never actually looked into it. I think my dumbass kid brain automatically dismissed any DS game with monster capturing before Pokemon Diamond/Pearl as trying to steal its thunder. Is Spectrobes actually any good? I don't know and I don't want to find out

lost magic sounds cool though might check it out if i can find a copy. well, when i can actually go outside
coincidentally I also own Spectrobes, I bought it specifically because I wanted something to occupy my time while I waited for Diamond and Pearl

I don't remember it being very good lmao

Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:15 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: umib and unib
Waifu: SNAIL
Sonic the Hedgehog 5 wrote:
Also you can play as a clown. And a cow. Definitely give it a shot once at least if you're into fighting games

sold.
seriously though i actually like that concept a lot, and you know i likes me some fighting games

I'll put it in my backlog

Term wrote:
Lost Magic

i like games with mix n match experimentation features like that. they usually take me want to try them all, and it's magic? even better. I'm a warlock at heart

BandanaDeeMain wrote:
The Final Station

i heard a lot of good s*** about this game. it seems really cool, i actually already want to play this

as for me, i think drawn to life is the one for me. it's a game where you draw the objects you're gonna use in game, including your player character, so the game is dependent on custom player art. it has surprisingly good music and gameplay, still think it's really fun to this day

Image Image Image

early 2k nostalgia mode

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:40 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Gosh I remember starting out Drawn to Life but never finishing it when I lost my copy as a kid :c

I've probably gone over this game a million times but
Drill Dozer for the GBA is such an overlooked little gem made by Game Freak. It stars this girl named Jill and her mech called Drill Dozer, who's the daughter of the boss of a small gang of thieves, and you gotta fight off rival gangs, the police, and other crazy stuff

It's a platforming game where you gotta use your drill to beat up enemies and solve puzzles regarding momentum and stuff
The game is pretty hard, but it absolutely tests every single thing your mech is capable of and man, it's so satisfying to pull up those tricks

Game is story based too, so I got surprisingly invested in a lot of the characters, I can't recommend it enough

Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:38 pm

oh yeah drill dozer owns

sad that it's the only non-pokemon thing game freak have made that interested me. someone will reply to this yelling at me to play pulseman or harmoknight though

Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:37 pm
Site Moderator

well yelling at you to play Harmoknight is 100% on brand for me but I don't think it's actually that great of a game

it's p cool but you're not really missing out

Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:58 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess

it's nothing special but i played the s*** out this on the OG xbox back in the day. i remember there's a cutscene at the end where your fighter drops his sword and picks up the final boss' super powerful sword, but you keep the boss' sword in NG+ so when you get there on your second playthrough he drops his sword for the same one. as a kid this was very entertaining and has stuck with me for some reason

otherwise it's just a hack n slash based on forgotten realms, written by salvatore himself. you team up with drizzt do'urden (and play as him) at one point, it's cool. i actually haven't played it in ages but it's on GOG for $10 so i just might

Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:40 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
I like Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (1 and 2) since it's a pretty chill 3D platformer but neither game is like super ground breaking. They are just really chill games to play.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:05 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Sekiro, Persona 4
Waifu: That’s right. PS4.
there’s this experimental platformer game called Flywrench, i think i may sincerely be the biggest fan of it in the world

Blue wrote:
lol Cry more, Terminex. f*** f**. lolololololol What a b****.

Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:59 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Castlevania Lords of Shadow is one game I've only been able to find 2 people who dont think its bad. I really really enjoyed it. Dont play LoS2 tho that game is annoyingly bad

AMA

Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:29 am

what i played of it wasn't awful it was just like

if i wanted a game like this i'd rather just play god of war

and if i wanted a game like god of war i'd rather just play devil may cry lol

Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:33 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Yeah that's the thing, at the time I played LOS I had never played a GoW or DMC game. My high tier hack n slash experience was very small. But I've gone back and played it and still found it fun, definitely wish the shadow of the colossus bosses were skippable though

AMA

Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:38 am
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next