The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:49 pm

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
I am looking for ideas... 

noted

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:16 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
you forgot "dully" there

Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:08 pm

i'll show you dully, ponyboy

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:28 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Really, I would prefer to have direct competition. Also completely cyphering out that I'm not putting anyone through watching 50 hours of megaman footage to make sure nobody cheated...

I mean, that'd just be cruel.

Here's what we could do though :

- Chess (though I'm not sure how many people even play)
- Boardgame Online (one massive match, or possibly a crazy elemination match first depending on how many players)
- (Strip) Poker
- Dota 2 (League possibly, but then I'd put in some no runes no masteries rules... Keeps the playing field level... Looking at you and your maxed rune pages, Kevin)
- Hearthstone (because card games on motorcycles aren't cool enough)
- Art contest (with your friendly-neighborhood Geno on the jury, of course... Because I can't see the difference between art and dung...)
- Music?
- More games(free being important), up to a total of 10... Or I can give some of the bigger tournaments a first and second prize, up to the populace, really.

How's this sound for everyone? Think something should be included/left out? If so, why? Naturally, these will not be happening rapidfire, but one after the other, giving people more time to practice for the more tactical games... And of course, signing up for one should NOT exclude you from being able participating in the others.

And I'll be tying the rewards to each competition personally. Due to the uneven pricings of some of the games I have to give out, it'd be unfair to just say "pick your game" (when you realize that the most expensive game costs €30 and the cheapest costs €4... It kinda makes sense to me.)

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:27 pm

DOTA 2 Hearthstone League Poker LETS DO IT. Hell, we can throw in some Left 4 Dead while we're at it. (1v1 or 2v2s)

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:22 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
like i said before, some vidya racing would be cool if they were short games. you just record your screen and submit your time, get on a skype call with other people doing it at the same time for funsies.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:41 am
Legendary Ghost

Belth wrote:
DOTA 2 Hearthstone League Poker LETS DO IT. Hell, we can throw in some Left 4 Dead while we're at it. (1v1 or 2v2s)
You wot mate? Left 4 Dead versus? That sounds like a horrible 1v1 thing. I mean, full teams, yes, but 1v1 would kinda just boil down to...

Did I get a smoker/hunter?
If yes -> grab opponent, insta-win!
If no -> Die, hope for either of above next time.

Tid wrote:
like i said before, some vidya racing would be cool if they were short games. you just record your screen and submit your time, get on a skype call with other people doing it at the same time for funsies.
Sounds like a fun activity for friends to do to mess around together... Not so much for a cross-forum competition.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:40 pm

L4D would be cool but it would have to be a full team against another. Also, Hat Fortress 2 is free..

Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:15 pm

Hakker wrote:
Belth wrote:
You wot mate? Left 4 Dead versus? That sounds like a horrible 1v1 thing. I mean, full teams, yes, but 1v1 would kinda just boil down to...

Did I get a smoker/hunter?
If yes -> grab opponent, insta-win!
If no -> Die, hope for either of above next time.

Tid wrote:
Sounds like a fun activity for friends to do to mess around together... Not so much for a cross-forum competition.

Back when I played competitive Left 4 Dead 1v1s and 2v2s were pretty insane. It wasn't uncommon for someone to make a map fairly easily. Left 4 Dead 2 is a lot harder for 1v1's since the charger is a thing and Jockey is slippery, but 2v2's are still widely played according to someone I used to play with.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:01 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
I'd be down for some Dota 2

Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:57 am
Legendary Ghost

Paco Picopiedra wrote:
L4D would be cool but it would have to be a full team against another. Also, Hat Fortress 2 is free..
Not a bad suggestion, but again not something I'd suggest 1v1. Team Fortress 2 plays best when played by the 1 per class modes, a lot of fun then.

Belth wrote:
Back when I played competitive Left 4 Dead 1v1s and 2v2s were pretty insane. It wasn't uncommon for someone to make a map fairly easily. Left 4 Dead 2 is a lot harder for 1v1's since the charger is a thing and Jockey is slippery, but 2v2's are still widely played according to someone I used to play with.
I used to play on a group of servers that had a lot of modding going on. Like, you got credits for kills and such, and you could buy upgrades for survivors/infected that were persisent. That allowed for some crazy 1v1, but in the base game I really think the first mistake as survivor leads to game over... I mean, there were some crazy good people that I've played with that could pull it off, but for a general kinda tourney, with low skill floor? Eh.

Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:19 pm

Hakker wrote:
Paco Picopiedra wrote:
Not a bad suggestion, but again not something I'd suggest 1v1. Team Fortress 2 plays best when played by the 1 per class modes, a lot of fun then.

Belth wrote:
I used to play on a group of servers that had a lot of modding going on. Like, you got credits for kills and such, and you could buy upgrades for survivors/infected that were persisent. That allowed for some crazy 1v1, but in the base game I really think the first mistake as survivor leads to game over... I mean, there were some crazy good people that I've played with that could pull it off, but for a general kinda tourney, with low skill floor? Eh.

That's the point I anticipate everyone is going to be kind of s*** at L4D thats why I gotta push for it

Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:27 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Yeh I can get behind L4D

Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:14 am
 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4