The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:24 pm

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Avatar to come back to theaters. 

Currently Playing: Rage, TF2, and some other vidya I guess.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Avatar-C ... 19457.html

What the f***? Do they really need more money? Oh wait! 8 minutes of new footage! Totally worth the price!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:33 am
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
It's not bad as the 20ish re-releases of the star wars movies.

Besides, for those of us who couldn't see it in the theaters before, this is kinda neat... I wonder if those 8 minutes is the famous sex scene people wouldn't shut up about.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:05 am

I never got to see it in 3D so it might be nice to see it. But to be honest this is completely unnecessary.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:07 am
Site Moderator

Ugh, still hate it.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:17 am

I didn't like it either.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:19 am
Site Moderator

I don't care if it's pretty, it's nothing new. I hate the premise since I hated Fern Gully, Dances With Wolves, and Pocahontas.

Jin wrote:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:24 am
Legendary Ghost

Blue wrote:
I don't care if it's pretty, it's nothing new. I hate the premise since I hated Fern Gully, Dances With Wolves, and Pocahontas.
Since when do movies have to be "new", anyhow? Isn't the point of it to entertain? Just ignore those "MOVIES ARE ART" morons, kick back and enjoy the it for what it is... Might help that I liked Fern Gully and Pocahontas...

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:20 am

Perhaps I should see it to see what all the hype was about...

Children - Geno

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:27 am
Site Moderator

Hakker wrote:
Blue wrote:
Since when do movies have to be "new", anyhow? Isn't the point of it to entertain? Just ignore those "MOVIES ARE ART" morons, kick back and enjoy the it for what it is... Might help that I liked Fern Gully and Pocahontas...

If I didn't like the three movies it coincides with, then it would be horribly presumptuous of you to believe I'd go in thinking it'd be fun. Hell, I didn't even know anything about the movie as I walked into the theaters. Someone told me it was awesome, so I bought a ticket. As it went on, I started to notice small things that I recognized as annoying in other pictures. I tried to dismiss them, but they kept popping up. It was endless. I saw the familiar storyline for some of the movies I loathed present, the heavy fixation on special effects and realism, the lack of variety in character interaction, etc. It may be that I wasn't hyped up by the previews and articles or that I didn't see it in 3D because it makes my eyes hurt, but I generally found this movie unimpressive and pretentious. It told everyone it was a deep, meaningful blockbuster hit and they believed it. Some people committed suicide because everyday life wasn't as exciting as it. Why, just because it looked nice? s***. Those idiots deserved to die.

Unobtainium? Seriously? Isn't that the name of a trope?

Jin wrote:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:33 am

that's it

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:18 pm
Site Moderator

MGN Username: Arel
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Waifu: Jesus of Nazareth
It's like Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan movies, awesome graphics and special effects, the rest is s***.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:21 pm
Site Admin

I'm never seeing this movie... Ever.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Location: In a big white room with some nice big men in nice white coats.
Currently Playing: Persona 3:FES and Bayonetta
Zero Insanity wrote:
I'm never seeing this movie... Ever.

Smart man >_>

I watched it...Sorta...Fell asleep not far into it.

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" - Some guy who's probably dead.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:09 pm
Legendary Ghost

Blue wrote:
Hakker wrote:
Blue wrote:

If I didn't like the three movies it coincides with, then it would be horribly presumptuous of you to believe I'd go in thinking it'd be fun. Hell, I didn't even know anything about the movie as I walked into the theaters. Someone told me it was awesome, so I bought a ticket. As it went on, I started to notice small things that I recognized as annoying in other pictures. I tried to dismiss them, but they kept popping up. It was endless. I saw the familiar storyline for some of the movies I loathed present, the heavy fixation on special effects and realism, the lack of variety in character interaction, etc. It may be that I wasn't hyped up by the previews and articles or that I didn't see it in 3D because it makes my eyes hurt, but I generally found this movie unimpressive and pretentious. It told everyone it was a deep, meaningful blockbuster hit and they believed it. Some people committed suicide because everyday life wasn't as exciting as it. Why, just because it looked nice? s***. Those idiots deserved to die.

Unobtainium? Seriously? Isn't that the name of a trope?
Didn't help that it came across as a PETA s**** from time to time.

What happened tot the good ole days of Terminator 2, huh? ... If you say you didn't like that, I'm burning your account.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:29 pm

I didn't like avatar one bit. Not only did it suck, but it also made the move The Last Airbender take out the Avatar part... Even though that movie sucked, I'm just pissed at how James Cameron can't come up with anything original. The storyline is exactly the same as Pocahontas. I hate how everyone says "Avatar was awesome!" all the time when I walk by. If I stop to ask why they think it's awesome, they say "Because it has awesome effects!" I then question them if they ever saw Pocahontas and the reply with a no. The only reason the movie was a big success was because of the effects, and with most Americans having not seen the movie Pocahontas. Also, addressing those idiots who killed themselves, why WOULD they want to be an avatar on Pandora? So you could fall off a cliff and die? So you can get killed by some freaky tiger or some giant double-chined pterodactyl? Or because you're a furry and want to f*** an avatar? Seriously, it's just a movie! Damn James Cameron and Damn Hollywood. James Cameron should burn in flames for creating such a horrible movie. And EVERYONE AGREES that unobtainium is the worst name that anyone could think up for a mineral. I can't believe they said "Unobtainium" in the movie without giving a smirk. Something tells me those scenes were redone many times. In short, Avatar is one of the WORST movies. Man I feel like I wrote a review...

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:43 pm
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next