The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:06 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
Sheik 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Sachamel wrote:
Yeah, I learned the hard way haha, don't think it's really game changing but it's an unfair advantage he gains for like no reason. He has shine to gimp every character and gains another tool specifically against Sheik.

Is it really necessary to tone the wind that much tho? Considering it seldom hits, even when landing really near someone.

I just think its silly how powerful the knockback is. Some knockback is neat imo, it had that in Brawl (if you aimed the tele on the trajectory that you send them, the windbox could save them from the knockback in Brawl).

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:58 am

I have at least three scenarios of Shiek wind shenanigans. I'll see about uploading tomorrow.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:51 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
I think the windbox on shieks up spec should be removed. Not because it's too strong(cause it's not.) but for Shiek's sake. Since the windbox can be reflected and powershielded. It does more harm than good.
If anything to add to shieks recovery the dev's should just make Chain come out faster and tether to the ledge.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:43 pm
YIM

MGN Username: MarkS
Is there anything Sheik can do against Link? It just seems she gets out-prioritized in every attack. Also, when you go in for a Punish, BAM U-Spec from Link sends you flying. Or when you try to get back to the stage a bomb arrow is usually waiting, given the long cool-down of Sheik's U-Spec. Maybe I'm not playing Sheik right, it's just that I can use her against most opponents fairly ok, but not against Link.
Any tips?

EDIT. While on the topic of Sheik, what happened to her U-Spec, it used to be able to kill at low percents, now not even at 150 is it a guaranteed kill, even though it is quite hard to hit with. I agree it may have been too strong before, but it's kind of like rest, where it has to land perfectly to work, so maybe it should be a bit stronger? Thoughts?

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:15 pm

MGN Username: Sachamel
With Sheik you need to be quite patient and rush down just when needed, and as with moth characters try to not overextend too much, since a badly thrown aerial/move can mean a projectile to the face, or even a dair from Link.

First you'd want to go to a stage with platforms, as that can give you better movement and ways to escape projectiles by going to them. Second you want to use them to move around and come down once you see an opening. If you think he'll up-b try to either shield it, or fade back and do a grab (or something) after the cooldown; I'd recommend the later but whatever. Also is good to remember that if somehow he's not throwing projectiles, your needles are really good.

Also to avoid the the bomb arrows and most punishes in general, you want to sweetspot the ledge with your up-b. Recover low, use the slight movement you have before teleporting (you can even grab the ledge while in this state) and aim for it. Then stall there till you see a way of coming back.

About up-spec, I feel giving kill power to it is not needed, it's a recovery move after all. I just want it to be more reliable: make the windbox at the end a tad bigger (but the push effect waaay weaker) and make it sweetspot when moving straight lef/right, there's countless of times I've sd'd coz of that.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:54 pm

MGN Username: ShadowYoshi360
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta, Pokemon Moon, SSB4, Mario Kart 7
Waifu: Makoto (Blazblue)
Agreeing with Sachamel about Up Special. The hitbox is mainly for an anti-edgeguarding tool or moving away from places quickly and doesn't really need the kill power it had in 0.9a.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:33 pm

MGN Username: Supergeilerjunge
Currently Playing: Geneforge series, SSF2, Payday 2
Perhaps follow some of the Sheik ideas that was done with the new Super Smash Bros ? For example change her side-b, and make a separate character (change down-b). I'd enjoy her so much more that way.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:31 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Supergeilerjunge wrote:
Perhaps follow some of the Sheik ideas that was done with the new Super Smash Bros ? For example change her side-b, and make a separate character (change down-b). I'd enjoy her so much more that way.

Changing Side-B would be great, as Chain is just plain awful and useless. But seperating Zelda and Shiek... I dont like this too much. Having the ability to change your playstyle as drastically as Shielda can do is pretty much unique to them and one of their best attributes what makes them so strong if used correctly. Honestly, the only reason of Zelda and Shiek being seperated is the limitations the 3DS brings in. That is also the reason we got that many clone characters... And no Ice Climbers...

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:36 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I agree about both side-spec and down-spec. I feel like even though Zelda and Sheik are different, that's precisely what makes them weird together: they're treated as separate characters in every other aspect, so why can they turn into each other? With the system of character selection that we have, I wouldn't pick Sheik if I wanted to use Zelda and vice versa. Because they have different things that they're good at, when I select them I'm thinking "this is a good character for this MU or player", not "which one should I use?". By giving Sheik two actually useful specials, I think she would play better.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:25 pm

She's already good as is, turning into Zelda can help recover when sometimes that would be impossible, get that one fast kill when you're struggling, change your playstyle if the MU starts to get uncomfortable, etc. It's like you can counterpick in the middle of the match, it's really great actually.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:44 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
While the chain is very bad (and always has been) and I could see it getting changed, what I would rather see is her specials improved to be better, rather than remove the possible switch to Zelda. Give her more support for needles, like the ability to cancel them midair without going into airdodge. Stop her from losing height during the teleportation of up-spec (use up-spec and hold completely left/right and you'll see what I mean), remove the ridiculous windbox, and perhaps let her always grab the edge if she teleports down towards it (even if the player is still holding down, so basically like how Fox's does but you don't need to let go of down). Her chain could be changed simply because I can't think of a good way to implement it, atm all it does is spin in a circle. Even if it was changed to emulate Melee/Brawl (tether?) it would be practically useless. If her transformation could be enhanced, that would be cool. Perhaps by mashing special the transformation could take longer (up to a point of course), or the transformation could be canceled with shield (I'm not sure if I would prefer this to stop the transformation from happening, or if the new form is now airdodging/shielding in exchange for the shorter change. In the latter case, the transformation would still take a short minimum).

Overall though I think Sheik/Zelda being one in the same just makes more sense canonically, and provides better gameplay. I think that the two together should be better than either one individually.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:25 pm

Phoenix Wright wrote:
Give her more support for needles, like the ability to cancel them midair without going into airdodge.

This so much! It really hurts when trying to charge needles offstage. Also it'd be nice that it worked like Melee where needles are only stored if you shield. Since needles are supposed to snipe quickly that few frames where you have to charge a bit before throwing them hurts a bit.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:17 am

I just thought the new changes they did with the separation was tons more enjoyable. I don't own the game yet, but I plan to play the crap out of the new Sheik once I do. Also I think Zelda really sucks in SSF2 versus Melee and Brawl. Just for some reason didn't work for me. Almost exactly like when I tried playing Mario in the new one. I am a good Mario player in Melee and Brawl but I got screwed over by the new one.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:28 pm
SSF2 Developer

Supergeilerjunge wrote:
I just thought the new changes they did with the separation was tons more enjoyable. I don't own the game yet, but I plan to play the crap out of the new Sheik once I do. Also I think Zelda really sucks in SSF2 versus Melee and Brawl. Just for some reason didn't work for me. Almost exactly like when I tried playing Mario in the new one. I am a good Mario player in Melee and Brawl but I got screwed over by the new one.

You think that SSF2 Zelda < SSBM Zelda?

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry but that was funny

Perhaps it is more enjoyable, it just separates them. That part doesn't work for me, since Sheik and Zelda are supposed to be the same you know? Two sides of the same coin...

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:47 pm

Phoenix Wright wrote:
Supergeilerjunge wrote:

You think that SSF2 Zelda < SSBM Zelda?

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry but that was funny

Perhaps it is more enjoyable, it just separates them. That part doesn't work for me, since Sheik and Zelda are supposed to be the same you know? Two sides of the same coin...

Probably the controls that screw me up.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:56 pm
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next