The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:55 am

[ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Meta Knight 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Is it just me or is it ironic that the MK thread is so dead?

Anyways, Ive played around with this guy for a bit now in an attempt to cover Chibis worst MUs (read: everyone in Top 15) and I enjoy playing as him, but I dont really have an idea on how I should use him yet. What would the two MK mains in this community say are the basic points I need to start with?

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:20 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
TSF|Skailler wrote:
Is it just me or is it ironic that the MK thread is so dead?

Anyways, Ive played around with this guy for a bit now in an attempt to cover Chibis worst MUs (read: everyone in Top 15) and I enjoy playing as him, but I dont really have an idea on how I should use him yet. What would the two MK mains in this community say are the basic points I need to start with?

I don't know what to say about MK, but I hope he still is a strong character next demo.

Hmmm I would recommend working on your approach options and your bait options. Due to MK's dash speed, he is good at weaving in and out, best to use this against characters who out range him.

Also know how to react to MK's D.I. mix up combos, such as down throw into where ever the opponent tries to D.I. or a string of up airs into where ever the opponent tries to go.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:31 am
BR Member

Ok, a few days of labbing and I actually noticed some things I wanted to ask...

Does MK still have transcendent priority? Sometimes I feel like he doesnt, but then there are situations where thats the only sensible solution I can find.

Whats up with his grab? I can grab people 5 feet away from me, but not if they are right next to me. Am I imagining things or is something up with the grabbox?

Mach Tornado sometimes goes the full distance without me pressing B at all and doesnt go anywhere despite me mashing B. Is there an explanation to this?

I played around with some potential kill confirms and wanted to ask what the two MK mains in this community think of it. FTilt2 -> Shuttle Loop registers as a true combo and from the few times I got it in an actual match, it looked like it might be a thing. Doesnt really work on floaties from what I got so far, but its seems to work on pretty much anyone else. Against certain chars (mostly fastfallers) you seem to have to reverse the Shuttle Loop to hit with it properly (or thats just DI, dunno). The other one I got was FF Fair so that the third hit doesnt come out into a Shuttle Loop. I only got this one down once or twice, the timing apparently is really strict (but it doesnt seem to have the Reverse option you need to consider with FTilt2 in exchange). I tried FF Bair as well (because honestly, RAR FF Bair -> Shuttle Loop with that monster of an initial dash would be hella dope), but I didnt get it to work yet. Any thoughts on that?

Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:35 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
IIRC MK's sword moves almost all have transcendent priority. Look back in this thread, and I think TSON talks about it.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:48 am

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Don't most of MK's moves just have transcendent priority instead of low or high priority?

tson wrote:
Not In This Game

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:54 pm

MaskofTruth wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Don't most of MK's moves just have transcendent priority instead of low or high priority?

tson wrote:
Not In This Game

Yeah I talked to Cloud about it and he only said their were only a few moves, but he couldn't remember which ones are except for up and down throw.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:58 pm
BR Member

Ok, I looked it up (maybe I shoulve done that in the first place), and if the wiki is correct, then MK only has transcendent priority on UThrow, DThrow and Shuttle Loop (plus some pretty insane priority on FSmash, but I digress). I also found out that Shuttle Loop actually is two frames slower than DSmash, so in theory, FTilt2 -> DSmash should be even more reliable than FTilt2 -> Shuttle Loop, albeit a bit weaker. Additionally, FTilt2 -> SL has always registered as a true combo in training mode so far (assuming I got the Reverse Up B if I needed it), but FTilt2 -> DSmash also seems to work as it also is always registered as a true combo at higher damage, with the added benefit of the back hit apparntly also still being a true combo.

The whole FTilt2 stuff seems to make MK pretty scary if you miss a tech near him at KO percents, as he can potentially use DTilt -> FTilt1 -> FTilt2 -> Shuttle Loop/DSmash for a solid 20% combo to KO you out of the DTIlt Jab Reset. FTilt also resets, (and seems to have a bigger hitbox unless Im affected by placebo) but stales a bit and also poses the risk of accidently doing all three hits of FTilt instead of FTilt1 twice. Alternatively, DTilt -> FTilt1 -> FTilt2 -> DSmash does 23% and is a bit more reliable due to the aforementioned frame advantage and coverage both both sides, but again kills a bit later. I might put a chart here on where this KOs all the characters with SL/DSmash respectively, but idk if Im not too lazy for that.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:35 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Ftilt and Dtilt are scary. You can chain them a lot with fast reaction times, and it's hard to escape stuff like that. Stuff like double dtilt -> ftilt -> dtilt -> ftilt -> grab is scary.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:53 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Ftilt and Dtilt are scary. You can chain them a lot with fast reaction times, and it's hard to escape stuff like that. Stuff like double dtilt -> ftilt -> dtilt -> ftilt -> grab is scary.

Except when they D.I. behind you, which made me think skailler's idea on using down smash might work in that situation.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:17 pm

+neutral b has more range and nockback
+dash go far (1/2 of batlefield)
why u buff him, he needs a nerf

Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:37 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
He's broken in other areas, but those are things about him that should not be terrible.

https://clips.twitch.tv/mcleodgaming/Vi ... elPoooound Neutral-Special looks like it could be a cool off-stage kill move with its knockback. Hopefully, it can be shorten without mashing.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:09 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
I like the MK buffs.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:27 pm

Zalozis wrote:
He's broken in other areas, but those are things about him that should not be terrible.

https://clips.twitch.tv/mcleodgaming/Vi ... elPoooound Neutral-Special looks like it could be a cool off-stage kill move with its knockback. Hopefully, it can be shorten without mashing.

What are the other areas?

I do like the buffs he gained as well.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:30 pm

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
yooo
metaknight's NSpec and DSpec lookin' clean.

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:11 pm

Meta Knight needs a nerf in Beta.
Main: :sonic:
Secondary: :mario:

For Beta:

Main: :sonic:

Secondary: :mario: :luigi:

MAYBE ( A Third): :pacman: