The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:14 pm

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Yet another idea I've been playing around with. 
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Thaiberium wrote:
Hakker wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:
And I suppose we aren't fit to wait in the boss room are we now?
You could, but then you wouldn't be able to stop the onslaught of heroes. Save points can be so annoying, huh?

Geologically, what kind of RPG are we talking here?
Changes from dungeon to dungeon. The world is vast, you'd be jumping around a lot. One time you'd be in an ice wastes, the second, lava grotto.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
I mean, JRPG or Western RPG? Western RPGs don't have save points. You can save anywhere but if you die, you respawn at the nearest respawn shrine, which is usually outside a dungeon and may require a corpse run. JRPGs have save points and only save points, at key places. So which one?

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:30 pm
Legendary Ghost

Thaiberium wrote:
I mean, JRPG or Western RPG? Western RPGs don't have save points. You can save anywhere but if you die, you respawn at the nearest respawn shrine, which is usually outside a dungeon and may require a corpse run. JRPGs have save points and only save points, at key places. So which one?
The closest thing would be a JRPG, in that case. The room before each boss (major or minor) will contain one, but they will only be activated when the heroes initiate combat with the boss in the next room. Deactivating them is simple, too. Just kill all the heroes in the room with the savepoint (they can't respawn while fighting is going on right besides the save point), and the crystal will be yours to smash, sending the heroes back to the previous savepoint in the dungeon, or banishing them forever.

Wisest move is still stopping them before they ever get to a save point, of course.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:03 pm

Hakker wrote:
|~DVDV~| wrote:
With getting more characters, would that mean you have to give up older ones? Or you get a larger group of people?
You'd get to pick what kind you want to play when you get moved to a new dungeon/die, you could pick the old one, or a new one. Usually, you won't have to go for a new one immediately, but after 10 levels or so, you're gonna start being a bit weaker.

This looks really cool. I like the idea of team-swapping as well.

And if this is an RP, why would there be save points?

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:22 pm
Site Moderator

Eraser wrote:
Hakker wrote:
|~DVDV~| wrote:
With getting more characters, would that mean you have to give up older ones? Or you get a larger group of people?
You'd get to pick what kind you want to play when you get moved to a new dungeon/die, you could pick the old one, or a new one. Usually, you won't have to go for a new one immediately, but after 10 levels or so, you're gonna start being a bit weaker.

This looks really cool. I like the idea of team-swapping as well.

And if this is an RP, why would there be save points?

Did you not read the past posts?

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:26 pm

No, I had just scanned them. Sorry.
Now that I did read it, that's a good idea. Teleporting and the like.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:43 pm

Here's an idea. Maybe every once in a while a player switches to controlling one of the heroes? Maybe during that time they could earn more experience than usual or something.

[11:08:57 PM] Luke: http://puu.sh/1WGsn
[11:09:42 PM] Luke: like ok if it was something funny
[11:09:44 PM] Luke: but
[11:09:50 PM] Luke: really
[11:15:07 PM] Super High School Level Shut-in: lol sigged xD

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:48 pm
Legendary Ghost

pimp_named_slinkback wrote:
Here's an idea. Maybe every once in a while a player switches to controlling one of the heroes? Maybe during that time they could earn more experience than usual or something.
Eh, if I would make the heroes playable, it would be in a sort of 'reversal round', where everyone plays as heroes and tries to charge a dungeon. PVP is something that I'm trying to avoid...

Anyway, I think I'm ready to write up a quick beta for people to try out, unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:13 am
Site Moderator

Any annoying traps? Pressure plate that releases an arrow, trap door which sends them back a room, giant pendulum...Or would that be complicated?

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:18 am
Legendary Ghost

Tonberry wrote:
Any annoying traps? Pressure plate that releases an arrow, trap door which sends them back a room, giant pendulum...Or would that be complicated?
Of course! What's a good dungeon without some traps, fake treasure chests, stuff like that? At first, these will be randomly placed around the dungeon, but later, who knows, you might be able to influence the trap positioning~

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:25 am
 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3