The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:35 pm

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
My Ultimate Plan 

Currently Playing: The Game
May I be so bold as to invent another kind of RPing? It is akin to collaborative fiction, only with no real ending. The GM sets a premise, and the next poster would continue the story from their point of view. So on until a conclusion of sorts.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:25 pm
Site Moderator

OMG I was actually thinking the same thing!! But I was also thinking if it would be more of a game than an RP. What do you think?

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:29 pm
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
Thaiberium wrote:
May I be so bold as to invent another kind of RPing? It is akin to collaborative fiction, only with no real ending. The GM sets a premise, and the next poster would continue the story from their point of view. So on until a conclusion of sorts.

Sounds made of own.

Do it.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:28 pm
Site Moderator

Alright, if he doesn't do it, I'll start one up. I need a good story, though... hmm... any ideas?

Jin wrote:

Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:52 pm
Site Moderator

bluemage77 wrote:
Alright, if he doesn't do it, I'll start one up. I need a good story, though... hmm... any ideas?

I thought the idea was to make a story with everyone, like:

Poster 1: I woke up on a bed, or what looks like a bed since everything's dark.

Poster 2: I use my flashlight in my pocket to help see the surroundings.

Poster 3: The place looks like an old hospital, with a scraping sound in the distance

Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:21 pm
Site Moderator

LurkRune wrote:
bluemage77 wrote:

Poster 3: The place looks like an old hospital, with a scraping sound in the distance

Well, I was thinking that, too. But we need a good starter post, that's my point. If we don't have a good start, it will crush itself.

Jin wrote:

Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:55 pm
Site Moderator

bluemage77 wrote:
LurkRune wrote:
bluemage77 wrote:

Well, I was thinking that, too. But we need a good starter post, that's my point. If we don't have a good start, it will crush itself.

Hmm, could go anyway, like:

1. You get into a strange area and/or have amnesia

2. You are about go into a huge battleground

3. You are going to a destination determined by either yourself or someone else.

ect, though it depends on what setting you would like.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:09 am
Site Moderator

LurkRune wrote:
bluemage77 wrote:
LurkRune wrote:
bluemage77 wrote:

Hmm, could go anyway, like:

1. You get into a strange area and/or have amnesia

2. You are about go into a huge battleground

3. You are going to a destination determined by either yourself or someone else.

ect, though it depends on what setting you would like.

Well, it's not really what I would like, it depends on what everyone likes. Also, are we going to have sign ups or is to just going to be an "anyone can play" type of deal? If it is, we might need to rethink it. Anyone could come in and mess everything up, we could have too many people playing at once and posts get mixed up, there are tons of things that can go wrong with it.

Jin wrote:

Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:49 am

I've ran one before, the collapse was attributed to irregular participant activity which then degenerated into nothingness.

Should you wish for me to start one, say the word, I'm on vacation so I have some spare time on my hands.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:28 am
Site Moderator

Hmm... irregular participant being too many people at once? It seems like a great idea, but it has to be molded effectively so that it can at least be void of careless mistakes.

Jin wrote:

Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:20 pm

No, as in the amount of participation was irregular. Sometimes a great amount of posts in succession, other times, it was the same for a week before the ball got rolling again.

How about I come up with something before this weekend and let you have a crack at running it? But if you want something special be sure to specify by tomorrow, by which I will probably have the story set in stone in my head.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:57 am
Site Moderator

Ah, well I'm sure Kyzak told you by now, but I love swords and sorcery. Especially if it is set in a desert. For some reason, I'm in love with the desert.

Jin wrote:

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:31 pm
Site Moderator

bluemage77 wrote:
Ah, well I'm sure Kyzak told you by now, but I love swords and sorcery. Especially if it is set in a desert. For some reason, I'm in love with the desert.

How about steampunk?

Course, the combination kinda sounds like Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura or something.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:25 pm
Site Moderator

LurkRune wrote:
bluemage77 wrote:

How about steampunk?

Course, the combination kinda sounds like Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura or something.

I would say Bleach because it has that desert feeling to it, but being around Bleach fans turned me off from the show completely. We should definetly base the entire thing off of our own imagination, no anime references. Got it?

Jin wrote:

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:40 pm
Site Moderator

bluemage77 wrote:
LurkRune wrote:
bluemage77 wrote:

How about steampunk?

I would say Bleach because it has that desert feeling to it, but being around Bleach fans turned me off from the show completely. We should definetly base the entire thing off of our own imagination, no anime references. Got it?

But steampunk isn't anime,far from it.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:02 am
 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next