The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:27 pm

[ 3 posts ] 
Doctor Advent 

Currently Playing: Vanquish
Been a while since I’ve done one of these…But hey! Why not?

Name: (Doctor) Kristoph "Advent" Ebner
Alias: Dr. Advent
Height: "6.2"
Weight: “191 lbs"
Race: Metahuman
Alliance: Good

Class: Metamortal

Back-story: Kristoph Ebner was born into a wealthy aristocratic Austrian family in the late 1800's (different timeline, different to our mainstream earth.) He and his twin brother Gavin were born on May 16th, 1867. Although both Kristoph and his twin appeared normal humans, at a very early age, they claimed they could large rivers of white light flowing through the sky. At age 5, both brothers wanted to take on their father’s career as a physician. At age 7 they began to study the basics of medical science. However, both brothers suffered social problems at their school; because they claimed to see "rivers in the sky" they were often harassed by their peers as maniacs and were often beaten up by the school bullies as such. One fateful day, after the end of the twin's day at school, a group of male students in an upper grade in the school began to harass both of the brothers by calling them names and beating them with kicks and punches. Under extreme stress, Gavin yelled: "I hope you all burn!" in a very loud voice and pointed at the group who had been harassing him and Kristoph. Suddenly with no warning, a flash of white light exploded from Gavin's index finger and a mid-sized jet of flames exploded from Gavin's fingers tips and struck one of the boy’s clothes. The boy panicked and he and his friends quickly put the flames out and ran away from the scene. Gavin passed out soon after, and Kristoph picked up his brother and limped home. (Both boys were 12 by then) However, the boys had told the rest townspeople what had happened and the townspeople had believed them after seeing one of the boy’s burnt skin and clothes. They formed a riot claiming that the twins were demons from the pits of hell. The mob had formed at the gates of the Ebner manner. But Dr. Ebner and his wife refused to give up their children. They escaped with their children into the mountains where they lived for another 2 years until a stranger came to do the door. It was a woman who appeared to be in her mid-30s and garbed in exotic robes. Her name was Tsubbari, the Enlightened One. She claimed to be a powerful sorceress who had learned of the Ebner's children’s ability to see and psionically manipulate the Aetheral Streams. She wanted to take Kristoph and Gavin under her wing and teach them all the things of sorcery. Although the Ebners were hasty at first, they eventually let Tsubbari take custody of their sons and teach them the ways of the mystic Arts. Over the years and through Tsuubari's training; the twins began to eventually master the arts of manipulating the Aetheral Streams through a disciplined mind and body. When the brothers reached the age of 25, Tsuubari allowed them to use the Immortality spell, to grant them infinite longevity and everlasting youth. They remained as her apprentice till age 39 where Tsuubari granted them the titles of Master Sorcerers. As a final gift, she gave each of them an outfit to suit their personas and a mystical artifact to further amplify their psionic and mystical powers. Kristoph wanted to use his newfound powers to help mankind and the unfortunate and became the being known as Dr.Advent, using his powers of sorcerer and the helm of Jesuit to help others. His brother one the other hand had harbored a great hatred from humankind during his childhood and had stored all the negative emotions he had as a child and swore revenge on all of humanity and became the Crimson Hood using the Gauntlets of Galdaka
To enhance is his mystical abilities. Both the Ebner twins had different goals and objectives which sometimes made the 2 cross paths and often resulted in mystical combat.

Appearance:
http://battledragongargonis.deviantart. ... -158878460 (I'll make a better pic later)
In physical description, Kristoph is a white-skinned Austrian male who has a semi-lean musculature. He has a short sliver-grey hair, a goatee' of the same color, and mud-brown eyes. While wearing his sorcerer’s grab. He wears a long and unique cape. (Cloak of Clouddwelling.) a long dark-blue body suit, a vest, an exotic silver and gold belt, an amulet with the Ying and Yang symbol Long white and Gold gauntlets, 2 calf-long leather boots, and his helm. (The Helm of Jesuit)

Powers:
Sorcery: Kristoph's mystical powers are vast and come from using his special psychic ability to tap into the infinite source of the Aetheral Streams. From several years of experience he has honed his powers using his willpower, focus, and his creativity to summon forces to his aid.
Lists of these powers are: (but not limited to)

-Energy Projection
-Illusion Casting
-Invisibility
-Enhanced Physiology
-Astral Projection
-Transmutation
-Flight and Levitation
-Energy Manipulation
-Teleportation
-Object Conjuring
-Temporal Immortality
-Standard Shields
-Telepathy
-Matter Transmutation

Abilities:

-Expert Mystical Knowledge
-Expert Medical Knowledge
-Expert occultist

-Skilled Martial Artist: While learning control over his psionic and mystical abilities, Tsuubari taught both the Ebner twins to defend themselves in the even they couldn't access their mystical powers and to boost the threshold of their bodies physical limits. As such he has the physique of an Olympian athlete.

Equipment:
The cloak of Clouddwelling-Using mystic means, grants the user
Levitation and Flight.

Helm of Jesuit- A mystic helm that draws Aetheral waves toward the user. This boosts Kristoph's psionic ability to gather Aetheral waves by 50%. Taking more strain off his body.

Strength Level:
Doctor Advent has the strength of a man who participates in regular intense exercises. He is able to lift up to 500 lbs at peak capacity.

Weaknesses:
Despite his great discipline and mastery of the mystic arts, Kristoph has limits to his great powers. Some magic abilities he is unable to perform such as creating life (especially sentient life) and bringing souls back from the dead. He also cannot conjure objects from the Aetheral Streams of incredible mass. While Kristoph is limited by his willpower, creativity, and focus; the more he uses his powers the more strain on his mind's operating system: the brain. The more powerful magic he calls upon, the more strain on the rest of his body.

So whaddya' guys think?

C+C+C
(Comments/Criticism/Concern?)
Sorry for any grammar mistakes I made, I tend to make because I am a stupid "American".

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:06 am
Site Admin

They claimed they could what large rivers of light? See? Make? Just a missing word I think.
Oh wait nevermind, it's just a missing word.

Hasty at first? They rushed into it? You probably mean hesitant at first.

Character seems fleshed out in the backstory though perhaps you could mention something about his personality orrr if you want to go that extra mile maybe even his likes and dislikes to really make your character come to life. I could see this in a comic book or something. Though would definitely have to be powered down in an RP environment.

I'm kinda curious about the brother though, what exactly has he done to try to get revenge on mankind resulting in the good doctor's intervention?

Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Currently Playing: Vanquish
Kiki wrote:
They claimed they could what large rivers of light? See? Make? Just a missing word I think.
Oh wait nevermind, it's just a missing word.
DERMIT!! I meant to put see, my bad.
Hasty at first? They rushed into it? You probably mean hesitant at first.
DERMIT AGAIN!! That was a stupid mix-up of words on my part.
Character seems fleshed out in the backstory though perhaps you could mention something about his personality orrr if you want to go that extra mile maybe even his likes and dislikes to really make your character come to life. I could see this in a comic book or something. Though would definitely have to be powered down in an RP environment.
Personality? I knew I forgot something!
I'm kinda curious about the brother though, what exactly has he done to try to get revenge on mankind resulting in the good doctor's intervention? While his brother usely keeps to himself subtly planning out his revenge against mankind. He on occasion has used his mystical abilites to bring plague and ruin on unsuspecting villages, towns, and cities to satisfy an uncanny rage which he has built for ages upon ages. When this happens, Kristoph usually appears to confront his brothers brutal actions. Being that the two are virtually equal in power, they usually cancel each other out. Which stops Gavin's rampages. On other occasions, the Crimson Hood goes to look for powers to boost his own powers significantly to defeat his brother if he so stands in his way. This is another time Dr.Advent would intervene.

Thanks for the comment, Kiki <3

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:22 pm
 [ 3 posts ]