The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm

[ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37  Next
Naruto 

Just recently started playing and Naruto's the only character that really fits me well (I'm a Falco main in PM, they're similar in certain manners). My only complaint is that while dair is cool for movement options, it just sucks. Like, really sucks. (One of my main issues with the game is how many characters have dairs that are basically only good for SDing, I wish they were cancelable somehow.) His recovery is god awful, but I'm not sure what could be done about that, really. Maybe a technique could be implemented like DeDeDe's Waddledashing in PM? He desperately needs help with horizontal recovery.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying pretty much everything else about him. Dude's got some absurd combos, and I love how easy it is to link moves by using side special to drag them back in.

I remember working on SSF2 over half a decade ago... wow. Time flies.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:18 pm

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
Rasenshuriken helps with horizontal recovery a bit. You slowly descend and maintain momentum.

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:35 pm

Yeah, I noticed that, but that really means the only way to recover horizontally is utilizing a charged move... which likely means by the time you're back on stage, you're dead anyways, because you aren't going to be able to charge another.

I remember working on SSF2 over half a decade ago... wow. Time flies.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:26 pm

MGN Username: scum
anyone one know how to use naruto's up and back throws? up throw sends oppents to far to combo from and back throw's knock-back can easily be DI'ed if used as a finisher at high percents. also i wish this guys down throw was faster because it's so easy to tech the meteor smash.

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:00 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
scumbag wrote:
anyone one know how to use naruto's up and back throws? up throw sends oppents to far to combo from and back throw's knock-back can easily be DI'ed if used as a finisher at high percents. also i wish this guys down throw was faster because it's so easy to tech the meteor smash.

I'm pretty sure upthrow is his worst throw because of that, that pretty much sums it up.

The point of dthrow is to set up tech chases. On some characters you can get an easy regrab follow up by fastfalling, you can use dspec on the way down to cover a roll option better (but it can leave you more vulnerable if they don't roll into it).

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Naruto is pretty fun to play, but what frustrates me about him is the difficulty in connecting with Rasengan. If another character gets too close just before you release it, it won't work and you're left very open to punishment. That is extremely annoying, especially against small, floaty characters like Metaknight and Jigglypuff. I would like for Rasengan's initial hitbox to appear a bit quicker and just a little bit larger (reducing Rasengan's “blind spot” at least by a little). Obviously he could still be hit while he was charging, just not when he wasI don't know how that would affect balancing for the character but I feel like it would save people a lot of frustration. I will admit that Rasengan's chance of connecting has greatly improved from before, so maybe just a little more. The inclusion of Rasenshuriken as the fully charged version of Rasengan instead of Odama Rasengan was a great decision because it gives it a bit more range and it's still very powerful, but I would like to see the partially charged Rasengan as more of a way to start a combo and rack up damage. Kind of like Mario's wavedashing in Brawl, so that Naruto can chase the opponent and follow up with a tilt, a smash, or a grab.

Naruto's mobility is great, however, and his shadow clones are excellent for setting up combos and stringing the opponent along. His horizontal recovery, as others have noted, is somewhat lacking, but I think that Rasengan is more pressing. I like to use the side special while in the air to stop edge guarders and try to leap over them.

I don't want to disparage the developers' work; 0.9b Naruto is much better than the shuriken-throwing, air shadow-clone spamming, and far less entertaining Naruto of earlier demos. I noticed Ichigo's marked improvement over even the latest demos, and I hope that Naruto and other characters get a similar treatment. I really want to see SSF2 come out as an amazing and very fun game, and the demos have for the most part exceeded my expectations. I've been following the game's development since 0.1, and it's come a long way over the years. I'm excited for the end. Good job so far, guys! ¡Felicitaciones por su buen trabajo! :D

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:09 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Naruto mains: SoldierSunday wanted to show you all how to play an aggressive Naruto, so he demonstrated it in a match against my Peach. It was a close match, but dat 0-death combo at the end tho
YouTube Video:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:20 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
Sorabotics wrote:
Naruto mains: SoldierSunday wanted to show you all how to play an aggressive Naruto, so he demonstrated it in a match against my Peach. It was a close match, but dat 0-death combo at the end tho
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafJash39Xg ]

This is how naruto should be played, not the campy projectile spam style. Thanks for posting this, I feel like not enough people know how good nair is. Also I like how SS is using uptilts in his combos, I'll definitely try that out. Dat end combo 0-0

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:24 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
He could have DI'ed better to escape that.

Honestly, Naruto is more about mid range Imo. He can use his S-spec to bring the opponent to him and combo from there. His other projectiles can also help in his approach.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:10 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
King Zao wrote:
He could have DI'ed better to escape that.

Honestly, Naruto is more about mid range Imo. He can use his S-spec to bring the opponent to him and combo from there. His other projectiles can also help in his approach.

Yeah, I know. I'm just not used to people performing long combos on me because they either hit and run or don't know how to. So once he started performing long combos on me, I kinda froze up not knowing what to do. Just got to think of how I play Melee.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:35 am

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
scumbag wrote:

Bthrow is for combos at low %'s, killing at high %'s.
Uthrow is a juggle set-up throw.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:34 pm

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
Sorabotics wrote:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafJash39Xg ]

That was really good.

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:48 am

MGN Username: the_arrogant_elitist
Currently Playing: SSF2, Melee
I've become interested in Naruto's walling game after some (admittedly little) experimentation online. Dropping a clone with up-B near the center of the stage seems to leave Naruto with very good stage control, provided he can perform the up-B safely in the first place.

You can cover vertical space nicely with down-B's angles:

And side-B has effective horizontal control, and allows various mixup options -- standing, short hop, full hops, and your own horizontal positioning allow you to vary your stage control -- for example, a short/full hop side-B could be used to catch an opponent's jump or something if you read it. (This kind of mixup is possible with down-B as well.)

And if you manage to have a fully charged neutral-B after setting up the clone, you have some pretty effective stage control going on.

What I wonder is whether setting up this walling game is feasible and worthwhile in match, due to Naruto's solid rushdown game.

I have an infrequently updated YouTube channel.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:43 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
His clones last way too long. His charged B does way too much damage for how easy it is to hit. These things absolutely need fixing before Naruto can be described as anything other than camp incarnated.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:57 am

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
sparty88 wrote:
His clones last way too long. His charged B does way too much damage Knockback for how easy it is to hit. These things absolutely need fixing before Naruto can be described as anything other than camp incarnated.

Fix'd :D

Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:17 pm
 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37  Next