The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:53 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
[MP] Devil May Cry 

Currently Playing: League of Legends, Killing Floor 2, Overwatch
Waifu: Cleod9
I just picked up Devil May Cry 4(I know, I'm probably late) and it is a questionable game. Gameplay is certainly fun but there is something off about it. I probably should play the others -_-

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:41 am

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
I hate the Devil May Cry games. I'd rather play Darksiders and others that are sorta like DMC style.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
Nixter wrote:
I hate the Devil May Cry games. I'd rather play Darksiders and others that are sorta like DMC style.

why do you come here then
i mean it's normal to hate on CoD but just like
f***

They're okay but I could never get into them. I have 1-3 as I bought them in a box set. Didn't like them as much as I thought I would.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:24 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Well I'm saying that the style is good but it wasn't executed properly.

Would that be a right thing to say?

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:26 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
Dante isn't as cool as everyone makes him out to be, but the games are pretty fun.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
Nixter wrote:
Well I'm saying that the style is good but it wasn't executed properly.

Would that be a right thing to say?

Much better than "I hate the Devil May Cry games" in a Devil May Cry topic.

Speaking of Dante, I don't really mind his new appearance. But I probably won't be getting the game anyway.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:32 pm
YIM

The only reason DMC went downhill after 3 was basically three main reasons:

-The new combat system in DMC4 and the DMC Reboot kinda distinguished that arcade-like gameplay that DMC 1-3 had

-Bayonetta (which i guess the designer is the same of the Devil May Cry series) took what made DMC so great and expanded more upon that.. And kinda started to make Devil May Cry left in the dust...

-The reboot! That god damn reboot! Now i shouldn't be judging it unless i play it (as people say always for most games) but this is unforgivable. Strip away his clean c*** attitude, Make him a generic white trashy boy, Hand the game to the makers of Enslaved and Heavenly sword, remove the dark classic atmosphere with a red horrifying wicked atmosphere which btw, does not fit Dante on any perspective or the Devil May Cry series.. And consider this (Yes.. This is actually confirmed by Capcom) a reboot/retelling of the entire Devil May Cry series..

No! That Doesn't work!

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Michael M wrote:
The only reason DMC went downhill after 3 was basically three main reasons:

-The new combat system in DMC4 and the DMC Reboot kinda distinguished that arcade-like gameplay that DMC 1-3 had

-Bayonetta (which i guess the designer is the same of the Devil May Cry series) took what made DMC so great and expanded more upon that.. And kinda started to make Devil May Cry left in the dust...

-The reboot! That god damn reboot! Now i shouldn't be judging it unless i play it (as people say always for most games) but this is unforgivable. Strip away his clean c*** attitude, Make him a generic white trashy boy, Hand the game to the makers of Enslaved and Heavenly sword, remove the dark classic atmosphere with a red horrifying wicked atmosphere which btw, does not fit Dante on any perspective or the Devil May Cry series.. And consider this (Yes.. This is actually confirmed by Capcom) a reboot/retelling of the entire Devil May Cry series..

No! That Doesn't work!

Oh now ive lost all respect for them, and the DMC series.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Currently Playing: League of Legends, Killing Floor 2, Overwatch
Waifu: Cleod9
Just beat DMC4. Pretty good I guess. I liked it.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:20 am

Oh damn, and right when my other forum stops talking about the reboot it picks up over here. This'll be great.

Either way I honestly prefer 1 and 3 over the rest of the series. I played 4 briefly but I just could NOT get used to Nero at all with gameplay or personality. I just can't. And 2 I don't like for the same reason I probably wont like DmC: its slower than the rest of the games.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Michael M wrote:

No! That Doesn't work!

~lmfao~

This post, this post right here is the embodiment of everyone's hate for the game. Aka, absolutely no solid points, biased judgement, and flat out being a fanboy.

rant: show
I genuinely find it humorous that people call his new design generic. Like, genuinely. He actually has a character design now! Change his hair to black and he's suddenly emo? This fanbase really needs to calm down. You don't know what the new character's attitude is like, since it wasn't released. Quite frankly nobody knows anything really about this game. Just like DMC4. Oh no! You can't play as Dante! This game is going to be the pitts?

News flash honey. 4 is arguably one of the best in the series, by a lot of people. Not necessarily the best, but far from the worst. And no, you didn't play as dante. But oh LORD, GOD FORBID they change his hair color!

What did you expect from a new DMC game? DMC 5, dante's return! The DMC trilogy works fine for dante. First game, sequel, prequel. DMC 4 was a slightly new spin on things, but was still fantastic. That's just what DMC is. They were tired of running Dante into the earth and needed something fresh that still served the same purpose. I don't know if you've seen the gameplay for DMC or not, but it is absolutely gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. It kills me that fans like you, and many others are so quick to call all of the work garbage because of ~a changed hair color~ among other changes.

LOL and let me say something about his character design. I think it is just too much that people call the new design stereotypical, cliche, or in your case "a generic white trashy boy". Um, have you seen the old design? That's as stereotypical as it gets. White demon hair. Ooooh~! Cargo pants, Overflowing overcoat~~! Guns, sword! <333 I mean really. You're kidding yourself if you really this this is a step down, if not a step in any direction at all. I'm not saying it's a step up, but it's not a negative. If anything the OLD dante was emo.

Click to expand thumbnail
Click to expand thumbnail

The new design has a million times more detail and thought put into the outfit. It looks more balanced. It looks like a main character, not some fanboy's wet dream. I'm not saying I don't like the old dante, no I'm not saying that at all. But to hate the new one in comparison is just beyond me. And I've played all four! And dude, what are you even talking about. He looks c*** as all hell right there! Moreso than the original Dante even! The engine, if you know, cared to look up a gameplay video or two once in a while, looks stunning. It's not even slow at all. It reminds me of DMC, because, you know, it's a DMC game (!!!!!!!!!!!). Plus you haven't even gotten your hands on it, how can you judge it so solidly? (not necessarily you, but everyone who is complaining).

About the environmental changes, *inhale* HOW IS THAT BAD AT ALL? Jesus CHRIST I don't even understand! Now you're just nitpicking in the hope that you may make sense. How, in the HELL does a red wicked theme not fit with DMC? They did not in any way remove the dark atmospheric feel. At all. The red is dynamic, it's fresh and cunning. I'd argue that what they had before was dull even!

All in all, this game (as far as what developers have shared with us) is full of cunning, fresh visuals, and new ideas, that contrary to popular belief, ARE NOT BAD! The DMC fanbase is getting themself in a tizzy over literally, nothing.

[/rant]

Again, this post isn't just directed to who I quoted, but to everyone who bases that argument over literally nothing. I understand not liking something, don't get me wrong. But when you don't like THE WHOLE GAME and forecast DMC's demise as a series over something like a changed hair color, there's been a disconnect. It could just be the fact that it's 3:00AM over here right now and I'm riling myself up, but honestly. Get it together.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:55 am

Except Dante was playable in DMC4, you just have to beat the story with the other guy first. So if anything, he was "Luigified" (taking a backseat in the story, and more or less being a non important character).

Yeah, its a matter of opinion, i like the old design better. Dont hate on those who dont want change.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:59 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
He was playable but he wasn't the main focus of the game. You wouldn't know he was playable unless you beat the main game first.

And like I said I'm not hating on people who genuinely don't like it, I just don't sit comfortably with people defaming the game when they are running on no information and assumptions.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 am

Waifu: I'm married
i hate this game because it calls my horny lord a big, fat cry baby

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 am
YIM WWW

Well i guess you're correct at some points Ramsey but again.. It feels hard to accept some points of the new Devil May Cry since the last 4.

The reason most are arguing against the new DMC is because the changes in the new one completely distinguish from the old ones.. regardless if it looks like a good game or a bad one.

Again (Sorry for the comparison): Its like what they did from the Blue Bomber MegaMan to the Box Art one in Street Fighter X Tekken. Most complained that it was a sad cruel joke because it completely distinguished MegaMan from design and personality.

Again.. People may complain now but later.. They'll change their minds entirely when the game comes out like MegaMan in SFXT

Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:00 am
 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next