The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:11 am

[ 12 posts ] 
{3/5} Incendiary Adeptness [Jeden] [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅20)̲̅$̲̅] Prize 

MGN Username: searching...
Currently Playing: loading...
http://challonge.com/20_Dollar_itunes_G ... _to_Winner

Welcome, brethren and sistren, to a new refinement of what a tournament series should be... an exciting, exhilarating, and rewarding experience...as the first place winner shall receive TWO $10 itunes gift-card codes. A meager reward yes, I know, but better than nothing, right?¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (*Note, only the tournament winner shall receive money....) Unlike most tournaments that you've competed in, in which you could freely switch between characters depending on stage and choices made by your adversary, you MUST chose but ONE character to use throughout this whole tournament (details will be explained below). Questions or concerns about anything in particular can be asked in the discussion room, or through Anthers Ladder. As I'm VERY open to any suggestions that will further enhance the fun and experience of competing in these tournaments... :D

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Sign-Up Rules

Players, after signing up, must put ( in parenthesis :) the character you'll be using throughout the tournament. Example: Dankswank3 (Chibi-Robo)Med. *note, I recommend using Secondary mains or higher for this tournament, or any character you feel confident utilizing against a wide variety of characters. Also, after completing a thorough Speedtest of your WiFi's performance, report it's rating after you've finished parenthesizing your character. Sorted: flawless game-play=Lo , occasional stutters=Med, Horrendous lag=Hi. And write like-so: Picka-Poo112 (Zelda) Med

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Gift-Card

After a champion has been declared, I'll personally talk to them and ask for the best way in which I should send the code, either by picture or text. Please refrain from sharing the codes, as I don't wan't any disappointments.. :/ The amount is $20

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Latency

Please, before competing in this tourney, undergo extensive and rigorous testing to your WiFi network using the provided webpage link { http://www.speedtest.net }. This is so that I can determine your eligibility to compete and whether or not your opponent is willing to play against a lag prone player. After you've put your parenthesis around your chosen character, type Hi, Med, or Lo lag directly after so that players can arrange themselves accordingly by talking to me on whether or not they find their adversaries ping acceptable.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Streaming

To be frank, streaming is something I do not find appealing... kudos to all you streamers out there!!! So, with this said, i'd like for someone to confront with me anytime before the tournament and discuss how and when to do the streaming, either by Twitch, YouTube, Anthers-Ladder, or by other means. The streams can be live or not, but must not interfere with the matches. It shall be a MUST to save the replays if and only if you've successfully got to round 3 and beyond.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Other
*Second place winners will receive nothing, same for third place...;(
*Nobody will receive special treatment, including I
*Faking accounts to claim the reward is non-permissible, and will result in a ban from future tournaments
*if a player is caught switching characters after the tournament has commenced, you will be banned
*Yes, the winner will ONLY receive but TWO $10 itunes gift-card...nothing else, unless donations are given...;)
*Purposeful/Strategic losses aren't tolerated, and should be reported immediately...i.e making another account and playing against it
*No secondary accounts are tolerated (lol)
*Sending funny videos to your opponent to purposely make them exhausted will result in a ban..XD
*ASK AWAY WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS....AS I AM ALWAYS READY TO CHANGE THINGS IF NECESSARY=)
*Wellllllll....unless you REALLY want the money.... just have fun and don't forget to breath ;)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
'Tournament / Bracket Rules: (Credits to Jammy)

Each BO3 round has to be completed before 8:33pm EST. This gives for the maximum possible play time of 1 hour, and leaves plenty of minutes for handwarmers, striking, banning and lag. If a set is ongoing when the time limit for a round is up, the set will be decided by a TO - whoever is responsible for the time delay is very likely to be the person awarded the loss.
Each BO5 round has a time limit of however many minutes necesairy, for the same reasons given above.
Report your own set scores via challonge. If a player is found to be attempting to deceive the TOs by reporting the wrong scores, they will be DQ'd immediately.
If you do not show up to your match without informing a TO beforehand, the following penalties will be awarded:
* 20 minutes late - Game 1 of the current set will be forfeit.
* 50 minutes late - Immediate DQ from the tournament.
IF YOU ARE IN TOP 8, PLEASE SAVE YOUR REPLAYS. The replays will be streamed . There's no penalty for not saving em, but I'd recommend doing so in order to avoid any confusion of game results regardless of where you're at in the bracket.
You must be in the chatroom to strike and ban. If you're checked in but not in the chatroom, then standard 10 & 15 minute penalties will apply.
In-Game Rules:

4 Stocks, 8 minutes
Items disabled
Hazards disabled
All mods are banned.
All matches are best of 3, except for top 8, which are best of 5. Top 8 includes Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Round of 7th Place, Losers Quarters, Losers Semis, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.
Stage list:

Neutral
Battlefield
Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS (both stages can be stricken at once)
Smashville
Stadium III
Yoshi's Story
Counterpick
Jungle Hijinx / Castle Siege (both stages can be stricken at once)
Dreamland
Tower of Salvation
Dracula's Castle
Mirror Chamber
Set Procedure

Players will use the 1-2-1 striking system to determine which neutral stage to use for the first game. The higher seed player will strike first. If you don't know how to strike, google it ya nerd. Or ask a TO.
For all subsequent games, the winning player will ban 3 stages from the list above and the losing player will counterpick from the remaining stages. The winner will then announce their character, followed by the loser.
A player cannot counterpick a stage if they previously won on it during the same set.
Gentleman's Clause is in effect. Any stage may be chosen if both players agree to it.
Lag

If the players desynch, the game will be replayed on the same stage with the same characters. In the case where at least one stock was lost before the desynch, both players will start the game with the same number of stocks that they had at the time of the desynch. If an argument arises over desynching, a TO will resolve the issue.
If the players experience severe lag issues, a TO will supervise both players in taking a speedtest. If a player's result is considered unsuitable for competitive play, their current opponent will advance.
If the players desynch twice on one game, it is considered void and will not count against either player.
If the players experience at least 2 games that are void in this fashion, a TO will advance the player with the better connection. To make things simple, we will use speedtest to determine the winner.
Other Rules

If the timer runs out, the person with the most stocks left wins. If both players have an equal number of stocks, whoever has a lower percentage wins. If the percentage is also equal, play a 1-stock 3 minute match with the same characters on the same stage to determine the winner. Repeat as necessary.
If the match ends with a suicide attack (an attack that results in both characters dying simultaneously) when they are each on their last stock, the player displayed on the SSF2 victory screen is the winner.
If a player intentionally disconnects from their opponent during a game, it will count as a win for their opponent. The only exception to this rule is if a reset is necessary due to an error during the game's setup (wrong players, characters, stages, stock count, or time limit; hazards and items are not disabled; sudden death/waiting room glitch; etc.).
Excessive stalling is not allowed (infinite combos past 300%, repeated use of Sonic's homing attack under stage, scrooging, etc.).'

Last edited by LoganZ333999 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:32 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Yep. X Series is done for.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:37 pm
YIM WWW

I'm going to take this lack of responses as proof that I've explained myself in a clear and reasonable fasion.... ;)

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:50 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Wait a minute, that doesn't make sense, it says that every round is 90 minutes
Yet if you're late, you're getting in trouble? Even if its only 10-15 minutes? Also, if every round had to last 90 minute, this tourney would go on till forever lol

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:31 pm

I'll try to complete my final editing editions this weekend...maybe, if that is, I get around to it.... :/

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:19 pm

This shall be the final week leading into this tournament. I'll try to make it as autonomous as possible for you all, so no complaints shall be directed on my behalf.... ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ Have fun, this isn't life or death try-hard mode for some $20....(;一_一).... I'll be playing as well....trying to acclaim my money back....XD....Also, type your chosen character down next to your name....countless times people disregarded me saying that... :/ ..... I'm still out searching for an available streamer..... I'm sure one will arrive seconds before the tourney begins... :') .... I'll be hosting another tourney soon after this one finishes.... And I'm sure It wont disappoint....☜(˚▽˚)☞ .... Sorry to distract, but time is of very important essence!!!! Don't waste it here reading this!!!! GO NOW AND SIGN UP BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!!!!! ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:04 pm

Here's a poll in case the arranged date of the tourney conflicts with your schedules..... If more than 50% agree to pushing its date back.... I'll do so: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=56 ... 96bed1ad32

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Well.... Because of the over-whelming majority of you who want the open tourney... I'll be making it just that. Now, before you all go off celebrating your victory (you won't ;3), I'll add myself a rule that'll hybrid the two concepts together...'How?' you may ask....Well, I'll grant you your open character picking, but with a catch.... for each new player you face, you may only pick one character to play as. I'll leave you to decide if you want a blind pick or know ahead of time what character your opponent will chose. An example of this would be;
(Bo3), 'you are up against Du3rty54....he chooses Mega-Man, and you decide to be Jiggly. You play the three games against him, and don't switch characters. You win. Your next opponent decides not to tell you his character....you play as Zelda, he chooses Mario. Both knowing you're not allowed to switch during the match.' So, with that said, I hope to see you all tomorrow...Don't forget to check out http://challonge.com/fightnightfour that's going on today... Sign-up before it's too late... and try to stay up-to-date with the revisions...and last of all.... Have fun taking my $w$!!!(I'll (maybe) upload picture of the cards later today, or tomorrow).

Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:34 pm

WHO'S READY TO MAKE SOME EZ$!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:49 am
BR Member

Uh.

Where is the tournament chat?

Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:47 pm
YIM WWW

Well then...thanks for the reminder... X3

Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:54 pm
BR Member

Logan apparently abandoned the tournament during grand finals so here are the results for the lazy

1. Image Kyoz
2. Image Incinerate
3. Image AxeEnding999
4. Image Dark Ermac
5. Image mirwaiss and Image Doqtor Kirby Green Len
7. Image Scorp123 and Image obi_nation

If any of this is wrong please lmk

Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:42 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 12 posts ]