The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:55 am

[ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
TSF Applications - Please read OP before applying. 
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
We just don't feel you're a good fit for TSF or TSW at the moment. TSF and TSW are competitive clans: we value player skill in tournaments or in tournament settings, with a competitive ruleset (so no items, and a limited set of legal stages with a stage choosing system), in addition to metagame knowledge and various other things, and we didn't feel that your application demonstrated this to our satisfaction. We would welcome your application upon the release of Beta, but as of now your application is denied.

Code summed it up perfectly. We value competitive knowledge. We were considering accepting him, but his tier list basically meant we couldn't take him seriously anymore, trying to pass it off as serious and "forgetting" to add a disclaimer.

DaddyShortlegs wrote:
You dont need conpetitive knowledge to be good, and you guys didnt say anything about competitive knowledge being a factor in your recrutal not trying to run your crew but hes fair game.

True, but we've generally shown in many cases that this is what we look for. That above quote from Code was from a guy named Sh0ck, and all the less competitively able people went into TSW. But, because we may be killing TSW as a subclan, and we've generally had problems with him being obnoxious, as have others. Plus, he's pretty much shown he's doing this for attention.

As for @LilMac. Sorry this took so long. My advice would be to not make a joke tier list that's originally passed off as serious until after your app was accepted next time :P Also, feel free to reapply in Beta

Also, DaddyShortlegs. I can tell you want back in. You can even help run it ;)

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:09 pm

MGN Username: Game-spidr
Currently Playing: Russian Roulette
Waifu: Spiders
Good point, im good if i had the slighest control over anything in TSF itd become a children, eating chin chn worshiping weeb addict center

Ichigo combo video
YouTube Video:

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:04 pm

f*** it nvm, I can just go somewhere where I can be appreciated for skill. It didn't matter who is more powerful, it was just a fun little thing. And if I was rejected, I'm obviously not welcome. So as I would normally say, f*** you I don't need this. Not like TSF is good anyway, I was so lonely I looked for a clan. I'm not reapplying. Later. And you can tank me talking bout "you were garbage anyway we don't need you" I won't care. So peace. :smug:

Thanks for the offer tho wooly

Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:07 pm

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
jesus christ spidr, do you even read your posts before you say them, the incoherent nonsense you spout makes me wanna go listen to the top 40 charts or some other s*** tryhard edgy teens like myself dislike.

'You dont need conpetitive knowledge to be good'

whilst for a small minority of players, metagame knowledge isn't needed on their climb to the top, but they'll build a bank in their head of things, even a savant has methods. For the larger portion of people, acquiring metagame know how is a fundamental step on 'gittin gud', whether it's obtained from talking with other players, reading up, theorycrafting or discovering it for yourself.

we back.

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:08 pm

MGN Username: Riggifiyed
Currently Playing: SSF2,Mario Maker,melee
Hello my name is Rhud I main :pikachu: :marth: :jigglypuff: and sheik i play on maining :gameandwatch: when he comes out Oh Thats a lot of characters i don't use noteably my bests are :samus: and :zerosuitsamus: I played wayyyyyy back in 2009 when i was a noob,i got better in 2010 and went to ssf2 locals and destroy people with pikachu Oh I've done alot of noteable things.When i was first into ssf2 smash ladder and new to ssf2 smash ladder play there is where i met Kyoz,Out of the 100 i wasn't the person who got 3 or 4 stocked by him i actually took him down to 1 stock with :pikachu: I wanna be the very best and show I'm not a south florida scrub I'm a proud one too i wanna be the best there is I have one where i was vs'ing afro in friendlies and the link is here,btw the ending lands with a down air because i may or may not cut that out ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_8tV2EEgXQ enjoy and i hope i make it into TFL if (THIS IS RHUD RETORNIN TO BIS) :fox:

Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:58 pm

MGN Username: Game-spidr
Currently Playing: Russian Roulette
Waifu: Spiders
Gosick wrote:
jesus christ spidr, do you even read your posts before you say them, the incoherent nonsense you spout makes me wanna go listen to the top 40 charts or some other s#%$& tryhard edgy teens like myself dislike.

'You dont need conpetitive knowledge to be good'

whilst for a small minority of players, metagame knowledge isn't needed on their climb to the top, but they'll build a bank in their head of things, even a savant has methods. For the larger portion of people, acquiring metagame know how is a fundamental step on 'gittin gud', whether it's obtained from talking with other players, reading up, theorycrafting or discovering it for yourself.

we back.

For the first question no i dont, and i meant you dont have to know exactly where characters are on a tier list which is what they were judging him on, i probably shouldve added a few more incoherent words

Ichigo combo video
YouTube Video:

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:58 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
LilMac wrote:
f#%$& it nvm, I can just go somewhere where I can be appreciated for skill. It didn't matter who is more powerful, it was just a fun little thing. And if I was rejected, I'm obviously not welcome. So as I would normally say, f#%$& you I don't need this. Not like TSF is good anyway, I was so lonely I looked for a clan. I'm not reapplying. Later. And you can tank me talking bout "you were garbage anyway we don't need you" I won't care. So peace. :smug:

Thanks for the offer tho wooly

@MMLegends, you called it.

You're welcome.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:51 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
RhudIsBud wrote:
Hello my name is Rhud I main :pikachu: :marth: :jigglypuff: and sheik i play on maining :gameandwatch: when he comes out Oh Thats a lot of characters i don't use noteably my bests are :samus: and :zerosuitsamus: I played wayyyyyy back in 2009 when i was a noob,i got better in 2010 and went to ssf2 locals and destroy people with pikachu Oh I've done alot of noteable things.When i was first into ssf2 smash ladder and new to ssf2 smash ladder play there is where i met Kyoz,Out of the 100 i wasn't the person who got 3 or 4 stocked by him i actually took him down to 1 stock with :pikachu: I wanna be the very best and show I'm not a south florida scrub I'm a proud one too i wanna be the best there is I have one where i was vs'ing afro in friendlies and the link is here,btw the ending lands with a down air because i may or may not cut that out ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_8tV2EEgXQ enjoy and i hope i make it into TFL if (THIS IS RHUD RETORNIN TO BIS) :fox:

WHAT IS THIS?! Please use the template on Page 1 of this thread.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:22 am
BR Member

RhudIsBud wrote:

Denied ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Your Anther's match history shows no record of playing vs. Kyoz or Afro on the ladder. The video you sent me was basically a joke. The app is an incoherent mess, and all in all, it's not a good app.

Next time, follow the template, don't put any lenny faces and don't pm me telling me to accept our app.

Additionally, it's TSF, not TFL :P

EDIT: This is the best response I've had to a rejected app.
RhudIsBud wrote:
WELL f#%$& YOU TOO BUD :mrgreen:

:xd: :xd: :xd:

Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:53 am

Ok i have to admit you guys fell for the joke i never wanted to join TSF anyways :P

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:37 am

Anyways keep up the good work,your making the ssf2 community a bigger thing :nod:

Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:21 pm
BR Member

RhudIsBud wrote:
Ok i have to admit you guys fell for the joke i never wanted to join TSF anyways :P

I have to say, we were all thinking this was a joke. I'm glad it was.

RhudIsBud wrote:
Anyways keep up the good work,you're* making the ssf2 community a bigger thing :nod:

No, we're just stealing parts of it for ourselves (MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:15 pm
BR Member

Psshhh, they arent supposed to know this...

By the way guys, time for a special offer: Join now and get 50% more cookies for one week! :D

Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:41 pm

OH BOY COOKIES IM SOLD MAN.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:43 pm
BR Member

RhudIsBud wrote:
OH BOY COOKIES IM SOLD MAN.

How about doing a serious app then? :P

Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:07 am
 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next