The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:17 am

[ 10 posts ] 
[6/21] Turbo Royale I 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
TURBO ROYALE I

Welcome to SSF2´s latest tournament series, Turbo Royale! This event, just like Flash Royale, is organzied and brought to you by Team Star Flash. As the name implies, this is a Turbo Mode Tourney, so get hype for the ultimate combo strings!

Tournament is held on Sunday, 21st June at 13:45 EDT, check in open 60 minutes earlier.

Go HERE to sign up: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/j8uA6Hx5mL
SSF2 IRC chat: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/supersmashflash

"IMPORTANT" ANNOUNCEMENT:

If you reach Winners, Losers or Grand Finals, make sure to save your save your replays and save them as attachments. They will uploaded, and not doing so will result in replaying the set/missing matches. For short: Matches that have no replay in Winners, Losers or Grand Finals do not count.

STAGELIST:

Neutral:

* Battlefield

* Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS (both stages can be stricken at once)

* Pokémon Stadium 3

* Yoshi´s Story

* Smashville

Counterpicks:

* Tower of Salvation (semi-fused with FD/3DS; meaning that striking the latter strikes the former one as well, but not vice versa)

* Dreamland

* Wario Ware Inc.

* Castle Siege/Jungle Hijinx (both stages can be stricken at once)

* Mirror Chamber

* Central Highway (Hazards ON)

* Dracula´s Castle

RULESET:

* Set format is 4 stocks, 8 minutes

* Turbo Mode is ON (Doh), all other special modes are OFF. Make sure to activate Turbo Mode each time you reset the game.

* Items and hazards are OFF. Only exceptions to this are Castle Siege, in which players can decide wether they turn then ON or OFF, and Central Highway, which always has hazards ON.

* Sets are Bo3, Winners, Losers and Grand Finals are Bo5.

* Set procedure: Both players double-blind pick theircharacters for Game 1. Players will then strike stages with the 1-2-2-1 system. After Game 1, the winner states if he switches characters before the loser and before stage striking. After that, the winner will strike 3 stages from the whole stagelist, with the loser now having the option to choose from the remaining stages. However, you cannot choose the stage you last won on during that set (Dave´s Stupid Rule).

* If the time runs out, the player with the most remaining stocks wins. If the number of stocks is even, the player with the lower % wins the game. If both stock count and damage is equal, a 1 stock 3 minute tie breaker will be played with the same characters on the same stage.

* Lag: If a game desynchs/is unplayable due to lag, a "lag breaker" is played with 1 stock, 3 minutes on the same stages and with the same characters. If the problem occurs multiple times, PM one of the TOs in the IRC and he will together with the other TOs decide who wins the set/game.

* Seeding is based on random. The bracket is not final until one of the TOs says otherwise.

* Stalling is not allowed. This includes purposely running away from a fight, infinites past 150% (combos don acoount into that), or going under the stage more than once per stock.

* Latecomers: Players who check in, but fail to show up in the IRC within 15 minutes will be dropped to losers. Another 10 minutes lead to his DQ from the complete tournament. If you know you might be late beforehand, contact either a TO or one of the other players.

* If a player uses a move that kills both the user and his opponent to end the game, the user of said move wins the gama regardless of the Results Screen if the user had equal or more stocks than his opponent before using said move.

* Gentleman´s Clause is in effect. Stage striking (or going to a banned stage) as well as certain other rules can be altered/ignored if both players agree to it. This does not include stock/time format or Special mode options as well as the switch of items.

* If you catch your opponent ignoring any of the rules above without Gentleman´s Clause being in effect for the regarding match, save the replay and contact a TO. He will then together with the other TOs (if present) decide how to proceed. Under normal circumstances, violating against the rules once results in a warning and a stock disadvantage for the next match. A second violation means the loss of the game, a third time means a set drop and is the final warning, and violating the rules fore times in one tourney results in a DQ from the tournament. Players who ignore the rules twice or three times repeatedly will be DQ from the current and the next tournament.

* Respect your opponents. No trolling/dicking on the IRC, ingame or in any other way.

* Most important of all, have fun![/b]

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:50 am

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
Hehehe...
:marth: :marth: :marth: :marth:
HAHAHAHAHA

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:54 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Did you mean:

:jigglypuff:

Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:24 pm
YIM WWW
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
marth op

Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:38 pm
BR Member

Im just gonna wait for a Chibi, Wario or MM to take the tourney out of nowwhere lol

How comes noone has complained about the stagelist yet?

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:24 am

MGN Username: TyranitarLord
Waifu: Pepsi-Man
:sonic: and :lloyd: I think have really nice turbo combo's. I have experience with Sanic but idk about Lloyd.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:49 pm

MGN Username: TyranitarLord
Waifu: Pepsi-Man
Darn it, nvm, found a bunch of killing combos with Marth. Why does he always win turbo. :cry:

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:23 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Doqtor Kirby wrote:
Did you mean:

:jigglypuff:

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:22 pm
YIM WWW
BR Member

Ho.Ly.f***. Its over. First of all, props to everyone who showed up at the very first Turbo Tourney throws confetti Next, I want to give a HUGE shoutout to Wooly for helping me with the organizing during the tourney and keeping tack of pretty much everything. Thanks a lot! :D Before I get to the interesting part tho, Challinge is kinda buggy concerning the bracket and thus the results, so thy´re not that reliable. Without further ado, here are the results:

1.) TSF|SkaiPrower - Character: :blackmage:
2.) FrenchKissHey* Characters: :chibirobo: :mario: :sheik:
3.) Lunary** - Characters: :marth: :ichigo: :metaknight:
4.) Toxicara** - Character: :sheik:
5.) Airtaters - Character: :marth:
Jordelab09*** - Character: :jigglypuff:
7.) Jaxler - Character:
8.) LilMac - Character:
9.)*** Isaacnvas&IXDeathIX&SmasherxL

* FrenchKissHey came from Winners Finals, but dropped the re-set voluntary after losing the first set.
** Both Lunary and Toxicara dropped out from Losers/Winners Finals respectively, leaving SkaiPrwer and FkH to take their spots. FkH was given Winner´s Side via coin flip.
*** Technically was eliminated one round higher, but left before one match of the set could be played, leaving him tied with Airtaters.
**** None of these ever showed up or were way too late.

I actually won my first tourney :drool: AND I TOLD YOU NO MARTH WILL WIN! TAKE THAT!

Ahem... Thanks again to everyone who participated and huge shoutouts to Wooly again. I woulda been so screwed without you, thanks alot! Turbo Royale I can be seen as a success, so stay tuned for the second event!

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:33 pm

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
I also played :ichigo: and :metaknight:

Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:45 am
 [ 10 posts ]