The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:41 pm

[ 558 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next
The Line of War. [first beta] 
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Since the RP is starting to become massive, me, Kyzak and Break (mostly Break) figured we should make a beta, to see if we encounter any major problems. As such, a lot of our ideas have yet to be added. Hopefully, we'll be able to introduce them bit by bit. Anyway, on to the beta!

The plot : Since this is a beta, I'm not going to reveal anything important yet. But for the players, the story kicks off with the player having just been cleared to head out into the conflict between three large forces. A more detailed opening for RPers to start off with can be found at the end of the post, depending on which side you took.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

The commandments :

1 : Thy shall not godmod, for godmodding is of the devil and shall doom your character forever!

2 : Thy shall not auto evade or hit, for no character, no matter how strong or fast, can act without knowledge of the Dungeon Master!

3 : Thy shall not make stuff up, because skills have yet to be implemented and items can only be created by the Dungeon Master!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sheet :

Name:

Race: Nobody or Human.

Weapon of Choice: Your weapon of choice. No one may start with Keyblades, a sidequest has to be done, starting from your HQ, before you can take up that kind of weapon.

Appearance:

Background: THIS IS *REQUIRED*. If you do not care to include this, don't post a bio at all, as it will be rejected.

Stats: Your status points. Your allowed to use 12 now, and will gain 3 with each level you go up

Strength (STR): The stat of a warrior, Increases your minimum and maximum damage by 2 and 3, respectively, for every two status points put in.

Defense (DEF): Decreases the damage done from each attack by 2 damage for every two status points put in.

Intelligence (INT): The stat of the mage, this increases magic attacks power by 3 and 3, min/max for every 2 status points put in. This also gives a +6 increase to healing powers and spells every three status points.

Vitality: The lifeforce of all creatures, every status point here will increase your health by 15. Additionally, every six status points put in will give a 5% bonus to your maximum health.

Speed: The stat of the rogue, this effects your actual speed. For every one status point in Speed, you get a +2% chance to run away from an enemy, a +1% chance to critically hit, and a +1% chance to hit.

Fighting

Being a stat RP, You're not going to be able to avoid a fight much. You have three attacks every "Round", or post. At the end of this "Round" it becomes the enemy's turn, and they in which do their damage. The attacks of a enemy is decided by the enemy creators, mostly the DMs. Your stats heavily influence your influence in combat. Let me give a small demonstration:

Bandit, 150/150

Inventory: Bandit Scimitar (3-10) Leather Vest (+3DEF)

Test Char, 200/200

Inventory: Spear (7-16) Dragonscale Shield (+5DEF)

Test Char takes a few stabs at the Bandit, missing once (13, 9, MISS). The bandit retaliates with a fierce slice (10).

That's the basics. Be descriptive as possible in these kinds of situations, it'll make your life easier.

The universe : Currently, the universe exists out of five worlds,

The World That Never Was --- Neverland --- Twilight Town --- Hollow Bastion --- Disney Castle

White are worlds controlled by the Nobodies, Red are the Heartless and Blue are the Keyblade Wielders.

Beginning posts : These allow you to jump right into the RP instead of waiting for the DM!

As you left the training room, located deep in the brightly coloured hallways of Disney Castle, you could not help but let out a sigh of relief. Finally, after training so hard, you could finally call yourself a Keyblade Wielder, despite your lack of a Keyblade, as well! There is so much to do, your excitement is hard to contain as you remember the map given to you on your arrival in Disney Castle for your training.

Surely, if you gazed at it, you would find that the Gummi hangar, where Disney Castle's well maintained spaceships, the only way for Keyblade Wielders to travel between worlds, could be found. Though, should it be wise to jump out and into battle so quickly? Surely, one could check out the sleeping quarters, war room, shops, and various other places in Disney Castle if he desired.

The post for Nobodies to begin with :

"As you are all aware, we are in a full-out war with the Keyblade Wielders. You were all rated best of the best in our tests, and you have proved yourself to be such. But now, I ask you, my friends, are you ready?" Kyzak said, his entire body hidden with the black cloak. "Are you ready to truly be one of us?" Kyzak asked, placing his hands on his sword hilts and waiting for a reply. They were all standing in the main chamber of a base on The World That Never Was, accompanied by thirteen figures, all in black cloaks, hiding their appearances.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:00 pm

Name: steven
Race: Human
Weapon of Choice: long sword
Appearance: blue jeans, black shirt and jacket, black right eye yellow left, black spiky hair
Background: none
Stats:
Strength (STR): 2
Defense (DEF): 2
Intelligence (INT): 3
Vitality: 2
Speed: 3

Is that ok?

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:19 pm

electrorocket wrote:
Appearance: blue jeans, black shirt and jacket, black right eye yellow left, black spiky hair
Stats:

Is that ok?

..AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:21 pm

Kyzak wrote:
electrorocket wrote:
Stats:

Is that ok?

Can i ask the stupid question, why?

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:24 pm

electrorocket wrote:
Kyzak wrote:
electrorocket wrote:
Stats:

Is that ok?

Can i ask the stupid question, why?

Your appearance is s***, you have no background, you have no last name, AND YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS. Get much, much, much, much, much, much, much better and maybe you'll be accepted.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:26 pm

Ok ill change it.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:29 pm

electrorocket wrote:
Ok ill change it.

What makes you think you make a few changes and you're in? You're only humiliating yourself by posting here.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:30 pm

Ok then, dang.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:41 pm

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
Name: Kurae Stolee

Race: Human.

Weapon of Choice: Long wooden staff

Appearance: Black, messy hair, pulled back in a tail. A long white cloak that drags on the ground, embroidered with golden stars. Black mail glove on his left hand, brown leather on the other. Wears a black button up shirt under his cloak, along with long dark gray pants.

Background: The real Merlin's apprentice, grew up in the tower. He was born of Esta Ominoa, and Charles Stolee. Merlin and Charles were great friends, and Merlin visited the home often. On one such night, Esta's scream was echoed through the house as nobodies flooded the area, looking for Merlin. Esta and Kurae dashed into the field behind the house, and hid in a hollow tree. Nobodies quickly filled this area as well, and before they could reach the pair, Merlin came out of the house and fended them off with Charles. Magic was being fired left and right, and in the confusion, no one had noticed that a Dusk had appeared behind Charles, and he had dropped to the floor with a Nobody arm through his heart. When Esta saw this, she immediately turned around, and to the dismay of Merlin and Kurae, jumped off the cliff behind.
Merlin took him in, and has been training him for the day he could join the Keyblade Wielders.

Stats: Your status points. Your allowed to use 12 now, and will gain 3 with each level you go up

HP: 130/130

Intelligence (INT): 4

Speed: 2

LOL FAIL PROFILE

Last edited by Kerim on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:54 pm

Kerim wrote:
Name: Kurae Stolee

Weapon of Choice: Long wooden staff

Appearance: Black, messy hair, pulled back in a tail. A white cloak embroidered with golden stars. Black mail glove on his left hand, brown leather on the other. Wears a black button up shirt under his cloak, along with long dark gray pants.

Background: The real Merlin's apprentice, grew up in the tower. He was born of Esta Ominoa, and Charles Stolee. Merlin and Charles were great friends, and Merlin visited the home often. On one such night, Esta's scream was echoed through the house as nobodies flooded the area, looking for Merlin. Esta and Kurae dashed into the field behind the house, and hid in a hollow tree. Nobodies quickly filled this area as well, and before they could reach the pair, Merlin came out of the house and fended them off with Charles. Magic was being fired left and right, and in the confusion, no one had noticed that a Dusk had appeared behind Charles, and he had dropped to the floor with a Nobody arm through his heart. When Esta saw this, she immediately turned around, and to the dismay of Merlin and Kurae, jumped off the cliff behind.
Merlin took him in, and has been training him for the day he could join the Keyblade Wielders.

Intelligence (INT): 4

Speed: 2

LOL FAIL PROFILE

Stop underestimating your skills. You're really good for a beginner. Accepted.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:01 pm

Name: Reltal Hartkeep

Race: Nobody

Weapon of Choice: Four Katanas, that are generally used two at a time, drawing upon An extra when disarmed, or they can snap into a boomeranging four bladed weapon. The second is awkward to use and would only be attempted in long range combat outdoors or in a very large room.

Appearance: Is Always in a crouched position like he is sneaking up on some one, aside from that he is fairly dark skinned, with neck length scarlet hair with a white stripe on his bangs, the right side at that, his eyes are a deep red but appear brown at a distance, wears the standard issued Black Cloak on formal visits but wears a black tunic with red lasing along with a dark red shirt and pants Both are baggy and the shirt looks a size to big on top of that.

Background: Came from a long lost planet know as Helegala(ripped straight from one of my stories), that was taken by the Heartless long ago. He was one of the top warriors in a group of Knights called the 'Lonesome Eight'. The reason he was not lost in the original attack was he was being married to his love Tanay. The two were separated when the ceremony was interrupted. He not knowing her fate turned into a heartless(there is a whole white heartless story, but that will be disregarded for this Rp) and a Nobody was formed.

Stats:

HP: 145/145

Intelligence (INT): 1

Vitality: 3

Speed: 4

My background looks short compared to Kerim's...

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Last edited by Deciton_Reven on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:35 pm

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
I'll Actually try to make a BackGround this time.
Name: Kevin Estomo.

Weapon of Choice: 2-Handed White Sword.

Appearance: Long Black-Brownish Hair, Dark Green Shorts with big velcro pockets,Plain Black Shirt with White Random Letters Through the middle,Blue Eyes, Light skinned, Meduim height, Black Sneakers With Blue laces.

Background: Was trained since he was 3 by his father, As his mother had died of a sickness. He Ran away at the age of 12 Due to his father being assasinated by an unknown person. He trained by himself for three years, And lived by stealing Food. He then met a wizard and trained Magic with him until his death a year later. For the past year he's been living with a close friend.
(Meh...It's not too good...)

Strength (STR):2

Defense (DEF):2

Intelligence (INT): 1

Vitality: 3

Speed: 4

Health: 145

Last edited by Kevin on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:38 pm

Accepted, you two. I have given you an intro to start out with, my Nobodies. As for the humans, Hakker shall lead you. I shall lead the Nobodies (to victory, because everyone knows Nobodies > Humans :wee:).

Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:42 pm
Site Admin

Name: Sylvia Lalune

Weapon of Choice: Magic Broom

Appearance: (Clothing:) A purple witch's hat with a moon on the front, black tank top with skull and crossed bones, fish net sleeves, a black mini skirt, purple stockings, an amulet with a moon and two stars, and black high heel boots (that are surprisingly functional and fashionable). (Physical:) Long black hair with purple streaks, orange eyes, slim build, average height.

Background:Sylvia was originally brought up to be raised as a dark witch, as soon as she was weened she was sent to be trained by the great witch, Maleficent. Maleficent taught her the how to use spells, potions and ancient curses. After Maleficent's demise, Sylvia was taken in by the good fairies who tried their best to raise her and taught her the ways of justice, blessings, and good magic. Sylvia, who was a bit rebellious and constantly used her magic for pranks and mischief, was sent to the academy for Keyblade Wielders so that she would learn to control her magic and become more disciplined.

Stats:

HP: 130/130

Strength: 1

Defense: 2

Intelligence: 5

Speed: 1

Last edited by Kiki on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:50 pm

"What do you have in mind?" Reltal grumbled, letting his hands drift from being crossed to loosely resting by his blade handles.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:52 pm
 [ 558 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next