The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm

[ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 37  Next
Naruto 

MGN Username: sparty88
MaskofTruth wrote:
sparty88 wrote:
His clones last way too long. His charged B does way too much damage Knockback for how easy it is to hit. These things absolutely need fixing before Naruto can be described as anything other than camp incarnated.

Fix'd :D

I was being general. "Damage" as in damaging to your agenda of winning :wee:. But yeah, it's a silly move with that gigantic coat of super armor. The fact that it's a viable play style to use clones (that seemingly last forever) as shields to charge B, along with his ability to send more from every which way, is just so Brawlesque. I guess my main issue with him is that, like Black Mage, he covers SO much ground for being SO small. He sort of forces you to be offensive while having mostly defensive weapons. Overly tedious gameplay ensues. I don't think he's OP or anything. Just boring.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:40 pm

MGN Username: Mr Tunra_23
Currently Playing: SSB64, SSBM, SSBB, Project M, SSF2, MK9, Pokemon Showdown
Narutos clones don't really last forever.. They just last for a very long time..... But yeah they can be very annoying and very easy to get hit by since you're mostly focusing on your opponent. To me naruto has two play styles being clone baiting or being aggressive and just combo you a lot. He also has very good finishers. Overall Naruto is a really solid character this version and received some major buffs.

SSB64 Main:Image

SSBM Main:Image

SSBB Main:Image

Project M Main:Image

SSF2 Main: Image

Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:07 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Let's talk about some nerfs Naruto should have...

Uspecial needs it's clones nerfed. Bad.
They can be extremely annoying, he's not Snake so there's no reason for him to be able to plant a clone that acts like a STUNBOMB.
Besides, we have Bomberman for that. We don't need clones that just lie uselessly until someone hits them. His side b is already annoying enough guys. Don't need another projectile because nspecial does that job.

Dspecial needs ether a priority or time nerf to where you can't use for the next 5 seconds.

It's priority is the biggest problem, not to mention it kills and it's abusable. Only character I've found that can get through it's prioirty is DK. Even then, DK's uspecial is another move that needs nerfed.

Nspecial could also use a couple damage nerfs for the uncharged levels.

Not asking for something real major here, but these are serious problems.

Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:52 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
Let's talk about some nerfs Naruto should have...

Uspecial needs it's clones nerfed. Bad.
They can be extremely annoying, he's not Snake so there's no reason for him to be able to plant a clone that acts like a STUNBOMB.
Besides, we have Bomberman for that. We don't need clones that just lie uselessly until someone hits them. His side b is already annoying enough guys. Don't need another projectile because nspecial does that job.

If his UpSpec would to be nerfed, I'd say that it would be fair to give his vertical and horizontal recovery with UpSpec a buff.
Picture Pikachu's Quick Attack, but using clones to throw Naruto in a coordinated direction- but the clones would not do much stun if they hit an enemy, nor last too long.

Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:08 pm

they should update naruto either with his bijuu mode or ashura mode or whatever all im saying is he needs to get updated

Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:16 pm

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
I don't know what the devs were thinking when they made Naruto, but he should NOT be some zoning character who can basically make the stage into his own minefield. The stun clone on his up-b doesn't even really make sense, and the side-b and down-b have really big hitboxes for no real reason.

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:31 pm

DrunkenRockman wrote:
I don't know what the devs were thinking when they made Naruto, but he should NOT be some zoning character who can basically make the stage into his own minefield. The stun clone on his up-b doesn't even really make sense, and the side-b and down-b have really big hitboxes for no real reason.

True dat brah

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:11 pm

MGN Username: the_arrogant_elitist
Currently Playing: SSF2, Melee
Getting rid of clone mines: show
It is possible to remove Naruto clones by dash-shielding them, but this requires some really tight spacing. I have no idea if dash-PSing them reduces shield lag or anything.

In fact, after being killed, you can just move into the clone and shield it while you're invincible! Not enough people seem to know this.

Shields, I believe, are the only ways to remove clones other than taking damage. The shieldlag they cause is noticable, so if you read someone trying to shield your clone you may have enough time to grab them. It's pretty tight, though; you may have to really commit to the read for it to work.

Also, funny little Naruto gimmick: when you're being juggled, try dropping a clone mine on your opponent. If the clone hits them, you'll gain a bit of time from the clone lag to return back to neutral. This is more effective on platform stages, where you can choose to land on a platform instead of the ground if they don't get hit.

I have an infrequently updated YouTube channel.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:22 pm

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
I don't think Narutos up special stun clone or his side special is broken, and this is coming from a guy who made 2 videos specifically to show that Ecchigo side special spamming is a legitimate tactic.

Annoying yes, but what most people don't understand or realize is that Naruto has 'really' crappy range without them. He can barely extend out of his hurt box with his tiny legs and arms, and his moves are generally easily outprioritized. His side special needs a cooldown about the same length as his aerial down special and that's pretty much all that needs to be nerfed concerning him, besides his rasenshuriken which shouldn't really be KOing at like 60% as I've seen it done (although that can be as easily perfect shielded just like Samus smash missile can be.)

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:18 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
DrunkenRockman wrote:
I don't think it's the dev-team's fault for Naruto being defensive dominant. He wasn't this defensive strong last demo. It's a combination of changes made just happened to have that influence.
- Clone-mine is completely indestructible unless it makes contact with an opposing character or shield.
- Kick follow-up from Up-special, though nerfs Naruto's recovery a bit, makes it quicker and safer to plant and re-plant a clone-mine.
- The two above make way for Naruto to use him Side and Down specials for zoning.

A character made to have strong offense, but can play an even stronger defense. That's not as easy to catch, unless through a lot of play-testing.

However, I'll say that perhaps the stun-clone has grown to be too much. For it to control a set space and if Naruto forces his opponent into it, he gets a free follow-up. That's a bit much. But it probably wouldn't feel as bad if every characters' jab could destroy the clone-mine. That way, Naruto has to stay on the offensive if he doesn't want his opponent to takes the opportunity to destroy it.
Maven wrote:
Getting rid of clone mines: show
It is possible to remove Naruto clones by dash-shielding them, but this requires some really tight spacing. I have no idea if dash-PSing them reduces shield lag or anything.

In fact, after being killed, you can just move into the clone and shield it while you're invincible! Not enough people seem to know this.

Shields, I believe, are the only ways to remove clones other than taking damage. The shieldlag they cause is noticable, so if you read someone trying to shield your clone you may have enough time to grab them. It's pretty tight, though; you may have to really commit to the read for it to work.
This is incredibly risky and impractical, as even on Power-Shield, the clone causes shield-stun. You shield-destroy the clone = Naruto gets a free grab / offensive-pressure. The clone-mine has no true fault or weakness.
AfroWarrior wrote:
Annoying yes, but what most people don't understand or realize is that Naruto has 'really' crappy range without them. He can barely extend out of his hurt box with his tiny legs and arms, and his moves are generally easily outprioritized.
Naruto has really strong normals close-up though. His Tilts and Dash-Attack are fast, good priority, and lead to a combo follow-up for really good damage. These, combine with his good mobility, makes Naruto difficult to challenge on the ground; even for a swordsman. He's good at all range, but he doesn't need to be close-up to be potent.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Last edited by Z A L O on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:11 pm

MGN Username: the_arrogant_elitist
Currently Playing: SSF2, Melee
Zalozis wrote:
This is incredibly risky and impractical, as even on Power-Shield, the clone causes shield-stun. You shield-destroy the clone = Naruto gets a free grab / offensive-pressure. The clone-mine has no true fault or weakness.

Totally aware of this. What I was getting at is that there is a way to get rid of clones without taking damage from them, that's all. :P

Also, I would like to qualify that
Zalozis wrote:
You shield-destroy the clone = Naruto gets a free grab / offensive-pressure.

is true only when Naruto is holding a position to apply this pressure in the first place. (Well, duh. But what I'm getting at is that you should be aware of this when fighting Naruto so that if he's in a position where he can't pressure you -- being star KO'd, attempting to recover, or really far above you -- it might be worth getting rid of the clone. So it's good to know that you can do this.)

I have an infrequently updated YouTube channel.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:24 pm

Wait.... you can SHIELD the clones?!?

Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:23 pm

MGN Username: DJSKRELP
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
When I play Kirby, this match up is so hard. The clones mess up kirby's combo game, as Naruto can just move everywhere once it is set. It isn't impossible to win, it just takes a lot of tactics. I find back airs useful when you can pull them off.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:32 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
the laying down clone having infinite priority will be fixed this coming patch but don't expect us to make naruto not a zoning character. powershields will also not take shield stun or hitlag.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:20 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
[TSON] wrote:
the laying down clone having infinite priority will be fixed this coming patch but don't expect us to make naruto not a zoning character. powershields will also not take shield stun or hitlag.

Was Naruto's side special clones not bouncing offpower shields intentional? Just wondering.

I'm starting to really like Naruto.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:46 am
YIM
 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 37  Next