The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:58 pm

[ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 37  Next
Naruto 
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Savio wrote:
:sora: 80:20

HA!

Naruto isn't even close to 80:20. You know that any approach with Fair can stuff a clone, and he can DSmash a Clone Mine/Rasenshuriken. Sora isn't that much slower than Naruto, so sometimes Naruto will actually have to approach.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:22 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Approaching with Fair is a big commitment, and Naruto has to be pretty silly to be tossing out a clone at a distance at which a Fair approach can straight up punish him. Not only that, but if Naruto is sitting in a clone mine, then Sora has to hit the Fair close to the ground in order to bust it, leaving Naruto with ages to get out of the way and punish him. Dsmash takes five years to complete, during which Naruto will have finished any clone-related animations, found a nice girl, gotten married, raised a family and come back in time to punish it. Any Naruto worth his salt is only going to use Rasenshuriken when it is guaranteed to hit, and due to the aforementioned clone mine issue, Naruto can basically always have one on deck. That means that while Sora is taking stocks at %160+ after winning neutral fifteen times, he's dieing at +/-%60 to one or two oppenings

Seriously, this matchup is soooooo lame.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:35 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Still, it's not 80:20. This is coming from one of the biggest Sora naysayers of all time. The matchup is 65:35 at worst.
If you want something closer to an 80:20 MU, try Sora/DK.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:50 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
We'll have to play that one at some point, then. I've played Naruto - Sora from both sides, and it always feels super rough against even mediocre Narutos and really free against Soras.

I would argue that DK is actually one of Sora's better matchups, but this isn't really the thread for that. :sora:

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:17 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
I honestly don't have anything to say about Sora's matchups. I do feel like he wins vs Mario though.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:48 pm

MGN Username: FearZero
Currently Playing: Your heart.
Okay here is my opinion on Naruto's gameplay, Naruto is Broken, i have experience with footage included about how broken naruto can get when he spams Clones as there were no tomorrow, only just a bunch of characters like Megaman have a proper counter against the constant usage of the Side B clones excluding mine clones, every other character, even marth with his DownB counter has probemas against naruto clones since when a clone hits it gives more than enough time for a Naruto to charge either forward smash or prepare a kill confirmed Mine clone.
IMO Naruto's clone usage should be nerfed or at least the range decreased, i can say im an experienced player with a 80-20 win-lose ratio whose got no problem on fight, but whenever i find a spammer naruto player i just cant even land a hit on them and that has gone to my nerves in an unimaginable way.
Pls Nerf.
(Or at least stop spam)

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:33 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
FearZero wrote:
Okay here is my opinion on Naruto's gameplay, Naruto is Broken, i have experience with footage included about how broken naruto can get when he spams Clones as there were no tomorrow, only just a bunch of characters like Megaman have a proper counter against the constant usage of the Side B clones excluding mine clones, every other character, even marth with his DownB counter has probemas against naruto clones since when a clone hits it gives more than enough time for a Naruto to charge either forward smash or prepare a kill confirmed Mine clone.
IMO Naruto's clone usage should be nerfed or at least the range decreased, i can say im an experienced player with a 80-20 win-lose ratio whose got no problem on fight, but whenever i find a spammer naruto player i just cant even land a hit on them and that has gone to my nerves in an unimaginable way.
Pls Nerf.
(Or at least stop spam)

Mhmmm

Welcome to the forums, your input was very insightful into what mind set you have, thanks.

We will see how Naruto does when Beta comes out.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:16 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
FearZero wrote:
Pls Nerf.
(Or at least stop spam)

moves beat clones

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:24 am

Lord doughnut wrote:
Mhmmm

Welcome to the forums, your input was very insightful into what mind set you have, thanks.

We will see how Naruto does when Beta comes out.

Thanks for the welcoming, i really appreciate it, i didn't actually understood what u meant about my mind set, but im trying to be as polite as possible, incase i acted in a rude behaviour im sorry.

Also for the reply above this: Moves dont just beats clones, i mean in order to beat a clone a powerful move must be used which leads to the naruto a chance to approach with either a mine clone or another side B, incase my language isnt the best to explain the situation let me know since im not so used to mechanic's language haha

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:33 am

MGN Username: ByeOrDie
It was stated in the balancing dev blog that his side B clones will have more gravity, thus traveling a shorter distance. That on top of the landing lag from recovery does nerf him a bit, but it does seem possible to spam clones even if that's all that's happening.

Last edited by ByeOrDie on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:08 am

ByeOrDie wrote:
It was stated in the balancing dev blog that his side B clones will have more gravity, thus traveling a shorter distance. That on top of the landing lag from recovery does nerf him a bit, but it does seem possible to spam clones if that's all that's happening.

Well at least thats something, believe me if the clonge range at least its decreased it changes absolutely everything, one thing i've hated is that naruto goes from short to mid range without any single problem due the clone usage, practically there is no character who can go one on on one because of that

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:05 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Nearly every character has some effective way of getting around clones besides powershielding (which btw you can do with anyone and works like a charm.)

Looking at your signature, Marth can outprioritize clones with some attacks (I forget exactly which ones tho), and with his mobility can maneuver around the main strike zones of his clones. It's important to note that if sspec won't hit you and dspec doesn't come up enough to hit you, you're perfectly safe, so if you just do some fullhopping and some platform movement that should work.

Ness has a slightly easier time IMO because double-jumping is so natural and avoids them well. Bait a side-special, then DJC fair over the clone and start a combo. You can also use PSI magnet if necessary.

Fox is the easiest by far and wrecks Naruto if you know the matchup. Nair beats clones, so literally all you have to do is run around spamming SH nair and Shine and you'll crush Naruto.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:43 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Nearly every character has some effective way of getting around clones besides powershielding (which btw you can do with anyone and works like a charm.)

Looking at your signature, Marth can outprioritize clones with some attacks (I forget exactly which ones tho), and with his mobility can maneuver around the main strike zones of his clones. It's important to note that if sspec won't hit you and dspec doesn't come up enough to hit you, you're perfectly safe, so if you just do some fullhopping and some platform movement that should work.

Ness has a slightly easier time IMO because double-jumping is so natural and avoids them well. Bait a side-special, then DJC fair over the clone and start a combo. You can also use PSI magnet if necessary.

Fox is the easiest by far and wrecks Naruto if you know the matchup. Nair beats clones, so literally all you have to do is run around spamming SH nair and Shine and you'll crush Naruto.

I know how to power shield actually but whenever i power shield most narutos tend to roll into my direction and setting a mine clone just when i take my shield out which gives me 0 reaction momentum, or instead they roll out and throw anothee clone, which in this case leads me to fail the second powershield.
Mostly marth dashneutral and fair cancel out the clones but by the time i land my endlag gives the naruto enough time to either set a mine clone or to fsmash me out of it
Ness cant deal with the clones with attacks, only a quick reaction attack like pk fire or fsmash can cancel out the clone but both have a slow startup which with the wrong timing leads to get dunked on by it.
Fox might be the easiest yes, but i have no proper experience with him yet, i will train my fox out so i can stand matchups against naruto.
But basically these are my POV's on Naruto's matchups against my mains

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:57 pm

By the way ByOrDie i believe you and i have encountered before in some matches

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:59 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
They should not have enough time to roll and up-special after you powershield (which has next to no lag). Just punish!

BTW, something I wanted to get off my chest about previous discussions in this thread. 80-20 means crushing disadvantage. There are very few of these in any Smash game, much less one of the most balanced (SSF2). Something like Fox-Pichu in Melee, where it's just unbelievably awful. 80-20 is not "struggles in neutral a bit." In fact, I'd venture to say that in any matchup where you have a reliable punish game, it can't be 80-20 nonwithstanding an insurmountable neutral or infinite. When you say that some normal matchup which is not even 70-30 is 80-20, it leads people to think that SSF2 is far less balanced than it is.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:12 pm
 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 37  Next