The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:48 pm

[ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
Grand Smash 

Chandelier

s****

wat

Anyway, I suggest looking at my posts and adressing EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM I HAVE BROUGHT UP. I'd also like to note that this character would work much better in a MAGICAL ENVIROMENT, considering the flames he has COULD ALREADY BE CONSIDERED SO.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:24 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Righteo.

Username: Brikmaethor
Name: Aaelaiyah

Race: Aaelaiyah is a Tatharalda, a race of forest-dwelling elves. These immortal* beings are naturally gifted with magical abilities, and possess a love of science and nature. They devote themselves to learning, reaching ever higher, sharing their discoveries with the peoples around them. The Tatharalda are a peaceful race, and they view war as a profound waste of time. However, they have been forced to develop a combat system of sorts to fend off races of a less peaceful nature. The Bein-Dagor skill is taught as a sort of dance, and is practiced regularly, should the need for defense of their home arise. This combat system relies mostly on acrobatics and defensive magic, the Tatharalda rarely making use of weapons.

*Elves will not die of natural causes, like old age. However, they are entirely vulnerable to death by other means. Blades and bullets, for example.

Colour: This will do nicely. (#4040BF)

Weapon: After the fashion of her race, Aaelaiyah does not carry a weapon. (Besides, she was snatched from her world with no prior knowledge of the event. Why would she be carrying one?) However, shards of glass from the mirrors she creates can be used as fragile knives in a pinch.

Abilities: Aaelaiyah specializes in the magic of mirrors. (Take a wild guess who this character is an homage to.) She possesses the ability to create multiple copies of herself, and she can control their actions independently. These copies can simply be visual effects, or they can be actual physical entities. This applies to all of her mirror projections. She can use this ability duplicate other beings or objects as well. In addition, although it takes almost total concentration to maintain, Aaelaiyah can “reflect” images from her mind, but these illusions never last long.

Also in her arsenal is the ability to create mirrors. These can reflect blows, bullets, beams, and the like. Alternatively, they can be shattered to create impromptu cutting devices.

Description:
-Mental: Aaelaiyah is a quiet person, and always seems to have her nose in a book. Although she is quite intelligent, the fact that she is extremely shy hinders her ability to communicate her ideas to others. She would much rather follow orders than give them, and is easily intimidated. On the other hand, you would be hard pressed to find a more resourceful thinker, as she always seems to have a plan, no matter what she is faced with.

Interestingly enough, she also seems to have a split personality. Whether this is due to her fascination with mirrors, her habit of holding long conversations with herself, or some other factor has never been discovered. Her other self is everything she is not. Rash, impetuous, even mean, and much more prone to violence. Her change of person can be detected by the color of her eyes. Her usual blue-green irises become reddish-brown when the change occurs. A grey color indicates struggle between the two for dominance.

-Physical: Aaelaiyah is clothed in a simple light blue dress, with light green sleeves going just past the elbow. An intricate pattern of the same light green thread decorates the lower portion of her garment, while blue crystals line the fringe. Her hair is of a pale strawberry blond, and small emeralds adorn her ears.

Like all elvish kind, she possesses that inexplicable aged youth, that sets great wisdom in a young-looking face. That being said, Aaelaiyah is still considered young among her people, having lived only 1007 summers.

Biography: For eons, the Tatharalda have lived in this forest, nurturing it, defending it, and creating this safe haven that they have come to know as home. Almost from birth, they become fascinated with all things scientific and magical. Aaelaiyah was no different. However, she found herself immersed in a field of research that none had ever really explored before her. The mysterious, reflective world of mirrors. She would spend her days studying their reflective properties, bending light to her fancy. Eventually, she developed the ability to cast reflections into the world. Through further study, combined with the natural magical gifts of the Tatharalda, she learned to give physical form to these images.

On a day like any other, Aaelaiyah was testing a new teleportation device with some of her friends and colleagues. Unfortunately, something went terribly wrong with the experiment, and the research center was devoured by the greedy flames of an enormous explosion. After the fact, the medical team searched the ruined building, but found no trace of the mirror-obsessed elf. It was presumed that the blast had entirely vaporized her. The Caretaker new differently, of course. Aaelaiyah woke up in a strange place, still dazed from the explosion she had so nearly escaped.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:51 pm

yes this is good

Editing first post~

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:04 pm

War P. Anda wrote:
Chandelier

s****

wat

Anyway, I suggest looking at my posts and adressing EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM I HAVE BROUGHT UP. I'd also like to note that this character would work much better in a MAGICAL ENVIROMENT, considering the flames he has COULD ALREADY BE CONSIDERED SO.

Magical... Could I use a magic fountain for a wish or such?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Look, buddy. This is a GRAND BATTLE. YOUR IMAGINATION IS THE LIMIT EXEPT WHEN IT COMES TO THINGS THAT ARE INCREDIBLY STUPID

so yes.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Updated a big part of the BIO.

Is... it better?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:06 pm

It's better, I guess. Not very good, but better. I guess I'll add you to the first post... you'll be replacing Densetsu, I guess. Kyzak, DH, get postin' dem bios.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Alright. Let's see how I go over the course of the game.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:23 pm
Site Moderator

Username: DH_Ninja
Name: Gentlemen Kuma
Race: Grizzly Bear
Colour: 008040
Weapon: Claws, “Kung fu“, Teeth
Abilities: Incredible civility, above normal strength, mastery of several martial arts styles, Ultimate technique known simply as “Gentlemen’s Justice”
Description: North American Brown colored bear standing at a height of 10 feet tall weighing nearly a ton. The only thing that sets him apart from the other bears is his attitude, his gentlemen’s top hat and monocle.

Biography: Your average bear brought in my the most gentlemanly of gentlemen as a baby. Raised to be not only a perfect gentleman, but also a fierce some martial artist and fighting machine. This bear is most known for a technique it developed on it’s own, capable of delivering a very crushing blow with an over head swing. To those most uncivil and unruly, it tends to be the last thing they hear.

They come for me...

They come through the forest...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will."

Happily married to Kiki <3

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:02 pm

Gentlemanly grizzly bear is a yes-go. Editing you into the first post~

Kyzak, your turn. C'mon.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:23 pm

C'mon Kyzak. I grow impatient.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:35 pm

Well, I've just gotten word that Kyzak isn't quite feeling up to this. One spot open~

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:40 am

Can I have my spot back?
I am unbanned now thx.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:54 pm

You're still up there :P

Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:13 pm

...but I'm not kittenpuncher.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:18 pm
 [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next