The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:24 am

Forum rules

Anyone is free to post new topics here now. However please limit yourself to 3 maximum posts of your own per month, and absolutely NO debate topics!

Also please be mindful of what articles others post and try to show some variety. Posting multiple articles that are too similar could disinterest people from your topic.

[ 7 posts ] 
Man Kills 1-Year-Old Son for Disrupting His Gaming 

Please note that other than what the killer was doing before he committed the murder, this story has nothing to do with video games.

http://time.com/68100/florida-man-charged-with-suffocating-son-so-he-could-keep-playing-xbox/

Quote:
The 24-year-old Florida man said he was annoyed that his young son's incessant crying was preventing him from playing video games, according to investigators. He smothered the toddler until he became lethargic, and the child died after being left unattended

A Florida man has been charged with third-degree murder and child neglect after allegedly smothering his infant son to death while playing Xbox video games, authorities said Friday.

Cody Wygant, 24, said he was irritated that his 16-month-old son Daymeon Wygant’s incessant crying was preventing him from playing Xbox, investigators said. Wygant smothered the boy’s nose and mouth for several minutes until the child became lethargic then left him in a playpen unattended to for five hours, according to authorities. Daymeon wasn’t breathing when emergency responders arrived at the house Thursday morning and was declared dead at a hospital, the Associated Press reports.

“It is inconceivable that a father could kill his infant son—it just baffles the mind,” Sheriff Jeff Dawsy said.

Wygant’s girlfriend, the child’s mother, was not home at the time of the incident. The couple has a three-month-old daughter in the care of state social services.

I would say that this has made me lose all faith in humanity but the truth is that I haven't had any faith in humanity for a very long time. What's happening is that people keep stepping over the limit over and over and over again.

This is simply disgusting. Many will be quick to blame video games for this but the truth of the matter is that this monster could have been doing anything else at the time and the same tragedy would occur. Hell, he could have been playing checkers and he would have done this.

One year old and his life was just snuffed out; he didn't even get a chance to LIVE. That's just f*** abominable. How a convicted rapist could even be allowed to have a child is beyond my comprehension but that's beside the point.. I normally think that police brutality is a bad thing but in this case, I think the cops should have taken justice into their own hands and beaten him to death and tazed him until he's reduced to ashes. Since they didn't though, this guy needs to be sentenced to death without question; he has absolutely nothing to offer society. Do they think he'll get out when he's 70 years old and become a productive member of society? No, he wont. I don't want our tax dollars being wasted keeping this human refuse alive.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:13 am

go outside and take a nice walk or something instead of getting mad on the internet

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:20 am

Kyuubit Level Three wrote:
go outside and take a nice walk or something instead of getting mad on the internet

When a baby is murdered, everyone has a right to be angry, on the internet or otherwise.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:52 pm

That guy is pisspoor but calm down a tad.

And here we go.

I thought you'd blast them with sand from your staff and then call for your camel and ride into the sunset

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Dᴇᴠᴏɴ wrote:
Kyuubit Level Three wrote:

When a baby is murdered, everyone has a right to be angry, on the internet or otherwise.

i have a right to go jump off a cliff

that doesn't make it a good idea

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:52 pm
Site Admin

Level 1 gamers can't tune out outside noises

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:10 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
careful dude, you're gonna cut someone with all of that edge

this *is* pretty bad though, video games will be blamed again
what else is new though

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:45 am
YIM