The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:02 pm

[ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
S A N D B A G 

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
I would but I'm gonna be too busy trying to be the King of Flash (LUL) and the King of the Koopas

Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:59 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Sandbag Pro Tips, from the guy who hasn't played BETA at all and has just been doing research :chibirobo:
Note: All of this is Subject to Change, because BETA isn't out yet but I'm putting this here now so when we do figure out how to become the Bag, it'll be a much easier time for us if these things hold true.
  • Sandbag can't use his Up B if he's holding any item that isn't a Bob-Omb. Empty your pockets if you need to recover, and try not to use your Capsules too much when going offstage since despite being a useful tool to throw at people offstage (Since you can toss it in any direction and Z-Drop it) you have no way of making it back without
  • Sandbag's Down Special retains momentum when used. Get crazy with your options and dash around everywhere both on the ground and in the air to make yourself hard to hit. Just be sure to input a direction, because as TSON said, not inputting puts you into helpless and you'll probably die. Don't die. :chibirobo:
  • Sandbag's Down Special could also be used in unisen with your other Specials, you could use it with Side Special as a fakeout by moving backwards before lunging towards your foes (Similar to :captainfalcon:'s Raptor Boost and Pit's Upperdash Arm) and you could use it with Up Special for either enhancing your recovery (Dashing Up or Diagonally Up can help you get the little boost you need at Low Percents in order to not use a Bob-Omb again since Sandbag retains the Momentum during his Up B animation) or making your explosive antics safer (For example, you could use your Down Special straight towards the stage to get close and let yourself fall down low before using your Up B in order to lessen the risk of blowing yourself up at high percents)
  • Spam Side Taunt constantly not only for the comedy but also because it cancels your little hops so you can just swooce around everywhere
  • Mario's cape is your best friend so if he tries to cape you offstage, please Up B and use the fact that you're now facing backwards to get back onstage a lot easier and then use the faceplant taunt immediately when you get back to notify him that he royally done screwed up, rinse and repeat until they stop caping you, in which case you Side B them to Cleod9's house and back :chibirobo:
And there's some pro tips for now
here's some not-pro tips without a good majority of punctuation so yay
  • jumping is a good thing since all of sandbag's aerials hit hard and a lot of his specials work well with being in the air so jump a lot thanks
  • it takes a while to pull out capsules so don't think you can be cheeky like link or samus thinking you can get away with spamming it
  • waiting room (funnily enough) seems like sandbag's best stage since it has a high vertical blast zone and is also completely flat meaning recovering is safer and you can do whatever you feel like
  • you're basically a suicidal variation of little mac so mash buttons and you'll probably die but git gud and you can win pretty easily
  • not a tip, but having the red color automatically makes you 10% more edgy
    the inverse bag isn't really that edgy since it's just a cute little inverted color
    but the red sandbag is meant to be edgy so if you're edgy use the red one and only ever use up b
  • if you have the smash ball, jump around and use your side b constantly whilst making rocket ship noises in real life to act like an idiot so you can just slide over and hit them with the final smash whilst your foe is slapping you in the face, trust me it works
  • don't do the thing where you intentionally go easy on somebody while your playing as sandbag, instead be as angry as possible and jv whatever them in the most gruesome way possible since the point of sandbag is he's supposed to be really angry
  • if you rename "teabagging" into "sandbagging" you rightfully deserve to be punched in the face because that isn't funny :chibirobo:

let's see how wrong i am when BETA comes out tomorrow since Nimbleo said it would release tomorrow and he's about as creditable as a grilled cheese sandwich and have grilled cheese sandwiches ever lied to you? :chibirobo:

Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:33 pm

Let's be specific for a minute now.

WHICH Nimbleo said Beta would release tomorrow?

Past Nimbleo?
Present Nimbleo?
Future Nimbleo?

I bet it was Future Nimbleo. He's such an a**hole sometimes :hmph:

Last edited by 777 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:54 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Nimbleo wrote:
Let's be specific for a minute now.

WHICH Nimbleo said Beta would release tomorrow?

Past Nimbleo?
Present Nimbleo?
Future Nimbleo?

I bet it was Future Nimbleo. He's such a a**hole sometimes :hmph:

You from 9 days ago, on December 11th
Saying that SSF2 would release in "a few days" and then proceeded to say to give you 10 days
And if you dont believe me: show

so
Tomorrow :chibirobo:

Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:58 pm

goddamn it past nimbleo

Nevertheless, I'm still extremely (but not 100%) positive that we'll have Beta before Christmas. And that's less than 5 days away!

please release it tomorrow devs pls the community will chew my a** if you don't pls

Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:03 pm

im 99.9% positive that Beta will release in 12398139028130192831908310298312903812098319381208319023 years
Yes thats how unsure I am about the game releasing. I'm not sure if it will ever release.

Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:58 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
The answer is clear: December 31st, 11:59:60 (leap second this year!), literally farther from the start of the year than any other second in history (nonwithstanding other leap seconds).

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:50 pm

Yay one more second to say ''0.9b in 2016 LUL'' XDXDXDXDXD

Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:52 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Its definitely gonna be the 31st.

.....Anyways, I'm really interested to see how far dedicated sandbag players can push his meta in the competitive scene. Regardless he'll be a fun character to play as!

Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:25 am

MGN Username: WumpaKid101
Currently Playing: SSF2
I just hope it gets released before Christmas break is over. I don't wanna go back to school without getting Beta first.

I'm improving :D

Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:34 am
BR Member

ill probably pick up a few memes so i can play him ironically

Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:04 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
I'm guessing his unlock method is going to be fairly obvious. His dev blog implied that it can't be done by accident, and it's meant to emphasize that he's supposed to be more of a silly little bonus than a full character.

My guess is a toggle under Options.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:01 am

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
I dunno, that sounds really unprofessional. Kind of like how Project M used to play the "Failure" announcer clip when you play with a Wii remote.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:20 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Crow Braixen wrote:
I dunno, that sounds really unprofessional. Kind of like how Project M used to play the "Failure" announcer clip when you play with a Wii remote.

Some would say the same about Sandbag being there as a whole. The devs emphasized that he did not have to be there if you didn't want him.

...though they might have overstated the expected backlash a bit. He seems to have become SSF2's de facto mascot.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:17 pm
BR Member

alt universe where secretly expansion character

Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:39 pm
 [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next