The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:52 pm

[ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next
Chibi-Robo 

MaskofTruth wrote:
I don't really play Chibi, but going off of theory craft;
-increase speed on up-tilt I agree that it needs a little speed buff, but I also think it needs more hitstun and less KB to basically do the same as Fox's Utilt
-make f-tilt do intense shield damage. The visual of the move to me looks as if it would destroy a shield. yes.
-increase range on d-tilt. Dtilt is plenty fine IMO. Maybe a more horizontal angle and less KB
-increase range on d-air. I don't see why Dair needs more range apart from attacking UpB's with range like Link or Lloyd
-Make u-air and f-smash connect better (at least have the initial hits pull you into the other hit boxes). Uair is already a decent kill move for Chibi, leave it as is. Fsmash definitely needs better connecting hitboxes
-Give Chibi a z-air. I have no comment
-More knock back on b-air. More damage instead. 16% should be good instead of 14%
-Less knock back on u-air, but more speed as compensation. No. Uair is a poor man's Zelda Uair. The point of it is to be a kill move. Just needs more work to hit than what it should be.
-Give pocket invincibility. no. Lemme just spam Pocket whenever I think I'm going to be hit by a smash attack
-Make up-special go higher and give it a finishing hit that sends the opponents flying (just so don't get punished after recovering with it). Or 180° KB angle with slightly more hitstun :twisted:
-Better air mobility. I can agree with better mobility, but Chibi's air speed is good.
-Slightly buffed weight and slightly decreased fall speed. Buffed weight would make chibi even more susceptible to CGs and the slower fall speed would make it easier to juggle him.

I agree that Chibi's Throws are near useless apart from DI Uair setups. I'd personally would see Bthrow with more power and a lower angle; like a gentle Shiek Bthrow.
Fthrow to send a little farther with a worse angle of about 45°.
IMO Dthrow should be similar to DeDeDe's Dthrow in Brawl, or Wolf's.
Uthrow should be more like Fox's current Uthrow but have a much greater KBG so that Uthrow->Uair wouldn't guarantee at 88%+ on Mario in ToS with no DI

How would Chibi's Gold Form work as? A final Smash?

Made a few mistakes in my post. When I was talking about the initial hits of u-air and f-smash connecting better, I meant u-smash and f-smash.

I want Chibi to have a d-air with longer range so that he has a better method of getting back down to the stage. Also, exactly why you said. I freaking hate when I'm trying to intercept DK or Fox's recovery and I get hit by some weird as hit box.

Give pocket invincibility, but get it more time to punish afterwards (kind of like Villager's in Smash 4). That way you don't end up eating Samus's charge shot or Naruto's rasenga to the face because you missed the pocket by 1 frame.

When I say buff Chibi's weight I just mean slightly. Kind of like the Kirby weight buffs in 4. Plus Chibi already gets combo-ed/ juggled hard by a number of characters in the game.

I'm not sure about Chibi's gold form. I think it would work better as something around the lines of Goku's d-special.

Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:59 am

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
I'm not sure about Chibi's gold form. I think it would work better as something around the lines of Goku's d-special.

Eh. I Usmash is good for now. its for a hard read AntiAir, More power would be a better buff.
Chibi's Dair has enough range. You just need to practice Dair online more.
I really don't like the idea of Pocket having invincibility frames, unless its at the end of the move and not the beginning.
Giving Chibi more weight will only buff his vertical survival. And saying that he already gets combo'd and juggled hard just means he will suffer a little more

No. Chibi does not need anything related to Goku's KK(downB)

Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:40 am

MaskofTruth wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:

Eh. I Usmash is good for now. its for a hard read AntiAir, More power would be a better buff.
Chibi's Dair has enough range. You just need to practice Dair online more.
I really don't like the idea of Pocket having invincibility frames, unless its at the end of the move and not the beginning.
Giving Chibi more weight will only buff his vertical survival. And saying that he already gets combo'd and juggled hard just means he will suffer a little more

No. Chibi does not need anything related to Goku's KK(downB)

I don't think you get what I'm saying about his u-smash. I mean the initial hit that pulls you into it while on the ground. I agree with more power though.

I don't really have a problem with Chibi's d-air. I just want it to have more range. That way it's easier to catch opponents and gives Chibi a better way to get back down to the stage. I'm only requesting a slight buff. It's not like I'm saying he has to have the same range as DK's d-air.

One's wrong with the move getting invincibility? Just make it like this...
YouTube Video:

but give it more frames to punish at the end (so basically just invincibility on the start up and chibi's attempt to capture the projectile... also make him lose momentum).

Eh. I'm only asking for a slight buff on his weight. Not saying that he should be Falcon's or Link's weight, but just increase his weight slightly.

It isn't going to be like Goku's down special... sort of... I was thinking he could charge up the move and then turn into his golden form. This would give his move more range and increase his speed. However, once Chibi's golden form times out he gets sent into a rest like state. The Final Smash he currently has Is fine.

Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:37 am

Can we talk about the Chibi vs. Fox MU? I originally that this MU was an extremely cancerous one, but after playing it a bit more, it's not as bad as I originally thought it was. If you're going to play this match-up with Chibi then I think that you'll have to use a lot of spacing. Just keeping my distance and throwing out a f-air, or n-air every once in awhile has really helped me out in the MU. When dealing with Fox's rush down I usually toss out an f-smash or d-tilt (assuming they're are trying to approach me with Fox's ridiculous run speed, but both these move can be used to catch a Fox player approaching from the air as well). If a Fox player tries to approach me from the air I usually use Chibi's u-smash, or Chibi laser. Chibi laser is especially good for preventing aerial approaches. Especially when it comes to catching a short-hoping Fox. I find that suddenly taking Fox out of his attack aerial is very off-putting for the Fox player, and they usually don't know how to react (so basically you can do a follow up like u-tilt or something... If they don't react fast enough).

Chibi is also pretty good at edge guarding Fox, and can combo him pretty well (then again, a majority of the cast can do that, so...). Chibi, with proper spacing/timing, can also perform a grab tech-chase on Fox, but it depends on the stage. Flatter stages usually result in the tech-chase lasting longer, while Fox players can always try DI-ing towards a platform on stages like Battlefield, or Sky Temple. Plus you can easily rack up damage on Fox by using Chibi's side special, and, if you have a stock lead, you can always carry Fox off, or underneath the stage.

When selecting a stage to fight a Fox player on I usually try to go for Smashville, Dream Land, or Castle Siege. Smashville is consider to be a pretty neutral stage for Chibi, and I find that the platform benefits Chibi a lot, but also doesn't benefit Fox so much that it makes question as to why you choose this stage. You can also tech-chase with less hindrance from platforms.

I personally prefer Dream Land to BF and Yoshi's due to how high the platforms are. I find the platforms on these two stages to be very intrusive. Not only that, but Dream Land just provides way more breathing room from Fox's rush down. Also, Fox dies earlier on Dream Land, horizontally, than he does on BF (at least from what I understand). This matters a lot because Chibi's b-air can kill Fox very quickly.

I usually choose Castle Siege because, at least in my experience, Fox players have a harder time navigating it, and as a result it's also harder for them to combo. On the other hand, I find that Chibi has amazing time combo-ing Fox on this stage. Not only that, but Castle Siege is just a really good stage for Chibi in general (IMO).

Let me clarify though... This match-up is still pretty bad for Chibi. Fox has some insane combos on Chibi, and racks up damage on him pretty quickly. Not only that, but he kills Chibi insanely early. U-throw into u-air kills Chibi at 80 percent, and is basically impossible to escape. U-smash and B-air are also very potent at killing Chibi. I also find that Fox's b-air seems to outrange Chibi's side-special, and so you're pretty much going to end up eating a lot of those when recovering. Chibi's vertical recovery is also very lack-luster, and getting hit by a shine pretty much means bye-bye Chibi. Not only that, but Fox's punish game on Chibi is insane. Trust me... You don't want to miss a grab in this MU.

So what are your guys thoughts on the MU?

Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:11 pm

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
By "you guys", you certainly mean me, right? :xd:

This MU has always been interesting to me. I think Chibi has a good advantage in this MU due to Fox's weight, but then Fox has an advantage too as he can gimp Chibi much more easily and combo him to death. I hate how most of Chibi's attacks has startup lag and endlag, whilst Fox has no such problem. This could be a downfall to Chibi. Chibi's Mobility is also a problem. Chibi's Ftilt can catch Fox easily most of the time if he spams short-hop Nair, though I think he still can hit you on the head.

The only move I would recommend using in the air is Fair for spacing. Maybe Nair too but if you miss the first hit then he can Nair the hell out of you. The third hit of Nair is probably good at high percentages as it can knock Fox near the blast zones then you can punish his recovery however you want. Dair takes a precise timing to punish his Up-b but you are most likely get hit if you even miss it by 1 frame. Lasers are also good to mess with his recovery.

I think Chibi's grab tech-chase is reckless for building up damage. And you can even do a sweetspotted D-smash followed by Dthrow. I tried D-throw chaingrab and yes, it works. Although it takes a great timing to read DI and go for another grab. Another thing I noticed was you can combo D-tilt into itself at 42% to 100% easily, without Fox touching the ground. If the Fox players decides to go offstage by DI-ing, you can throw a Fair to continue the combo or even a Dair to end the stock. Chibi surprisingly has many tools to combo the hell outta Fox. Don't even get me started about Fox.

ToS is actually the only stage you can drag your opponents down by using Side-B towards the wall, which is good against characters like Sonic that has only one recovery without touching the ground again. Still not good against Fox's recovery though.

EDIT:- Just tested Fsmash against Fox's Up-b and it's amazing! Also I played MarkS yesterday... another Chibi main! Yay!
His Chibi's skills is almost the same as mine and yours. He knows combos, edgeguarding and other stuff too. Seems like he's been using him from a long time, and he uses the Pink Palette. If he joins this community, trust me, we'll be good.

Last edited by NASAPeepo on Sat May 28, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:39 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
YouTube Video:

Here's a cool Chibi Robo combo!

Also, THE REVIVAL OF CHIBI ROBO'S THREAD

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:33 pm

now he is top tier

Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:25 pm

Damn. I really love what they did with Chibi. They really fixed all of his problems. F-air seems to have less range, but better frame data. Up-special goes higher and has that finishing hit to send opponents away (that way Chibi doesn't get punished afterwards). D-air has more range and now he won't get juggled as hard since opponents will now have to watch out for this move. U-air looks insane and I'm not sure how it'll effect the character overall, but I can't wait to lab with it. And now Chibi can angle his grabs! Yes! It'll be pretty interesting to see how it works in competitive play. I also hope the revised his down-special and actually made it usable. Well see. Overall Chibi is looking to be in top shape in beta.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:32 pm

MGN Username: Ninjawarrior93
Hey guys, I was just testing out Chibi Robo for fun and idk if you guys know this yet but, if you get hit while picking up a projectile with d-spec(which in my case, was picking up a half-charged megaman blast), the projectile stays in place in the air, does not damage you or the opponent, but you can pick it up again.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:07 am

Waifu: Yume
Ninjawarrior93 wrote:
Hey guys, I was just testing out Chibi Robo for fun and idk if you guys know this yet but, if you get hit while picking up a projectile with d-spec(which in my case, was picking up a half-charged megaman blast), the projectile stays in place in the air, does not damage you or the opponent, but you can pick it up again.

this was found, i think it was with kamehameha

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:37 am

Not a new glitch (At least you didn't report it lol)
I found this out while fighting the Naruto CPU.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:31 pm

MGN Username: Ninjawarrior93
Figured. and sorry

Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:08 am

Too bad. You have been sentenced to death by Chibi Rob's Fsmash ok i'm just kidding don't murder me plz

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:34 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Anyone else think that chibi's UpB in beta is going to be OP?
I mean, it looks like a smaller, but more potent version of Link's current UpB.
I assume that it is going to be possible to Fair->UpB at mid percents

Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:29 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Yeah, early confirms into Chibi Copter off of top platforms are going to be disgusting.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:14 pm
 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next